• Democrat House

46 66.67%
  • Hypnofrog

1 1.45%
  • Giant Meteor 2020

3 4.35%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Vote who will win and.... (anonymous natch')

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Vote who will win and.... (anonymous natch')

Quote Originally Posted by Corso View Post
    Feel free to re-locate to any other country of your choice. You have that freedom, so why not take advantage of it?
    I work in a profession that would make me one of the more desirable candidates to relocate to Canada. And I speak (some) French. And even given that, that path would be exceedingly difficult, bordering on impossible.
    Relocation to any other country would be even harder.
    I know. I've researched it. Extensively.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Ross View Post
    Y'know how I know you haven't tried to relocate to another country recently?
    Because I don't bitch about the United States like many here do, so I have no need to re-locate. It's that simple.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Geez.. this guy
    ‘The Earth is not dying, it is being killed, and those that are killing it have names and addresses-‘ Utah Phillips

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ain’t so sure a lot of other countries would want us anyway.. like athletes foot or gonorrhea.. we out here just trying to get by.
    ‘The Earth is not dying, it is being killed, and those that are killing it have names and addresses-‘ Utah Phillips

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by monadnocky View Post
    I work in a profession that would make me one of the more desirable candidates to relocate to Canada. And I speak (some) French. And even given that, that path would be exceedingly difficult, bordering on impossible.
    Relocation to any other country would be even harder.
    I know. I've researched it. Extensively.
    So the bottom line is that we're stuck living here?
    Interesting. Obviously I have not explored leaving, as I wouldn't want to.

But in case you (or anyone else) feels the itch:
    https://wifitribe.co/blog/10-easiest...ns-to-move-to/

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think you'll need to: it's looking like Trump has lost.
    Mark Kelly

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As someone who can move to another country simply because of marriage, I would like to change this thread a tad to perhaps explain why someone might seriously consider leaving...

Let me leave out all of the reasons that Trump is a major problem to me. Let me also leave out that the total damage he has done and will do to the earth if given a second chance does not stop at the US borders but has a negative effect on everyone and everything in the world...even the animals.

I wonder how to square two things.

1) This election looks like it will have the highest percentage of eligible voters voting since 1908 so that is fantastic. BUT, the expectation is that that percentage is 65%. How do you have a country where 35% of the population that can vote doesn’t give a fcuk enough to even vote.

2) The Trump campaign bet that they could only appeal to their base and it would be enough to get them over the finish line. If that turns out to be true, what kind of country does one have if you can ignore the other half of the country. How do you even call it a country? Much less a country of opportunity, innovation, leadership, etc?

2a) If the Republicans keep the Senate and Trump wins...a large majority of those R’s in the Senate and House have only known being in those roles with Trump as President. How do they work « across » the aisle, or thinking of voting against the party line, etc that might fix my issues in 2 above?
    « If I knew what I was doing, I’d be doing it right now »

-Jon Mandel

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Kelly View Post
    I don't think you'll need to: it's looking like Trump has lost.
    Surely, you jest. It’s not over ‘til it’s over.
    La Cheeserie!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nope. I'm calling it. Trump's lost.
    Mark Kelly

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Kelly View Post
    Nope. I'm calling it. Trump's lost.
    Disagree. It's going to be a nail biter. Pennsylvania is going to be very close. If he loses PA, Biden will need AZ and either NV or IA. Neither of the latter two are solid, especially since latinos seem to be voting less favorably for the democrat. This is one f-ed up country.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bcm119 View Post
    Disagree. It's going to be a nail biter. Pennsylvania is going to be very close. If he loses PA, Biden will need AZ and either NV or IA. Neither of the latter two are solid, especially since latinos seem to be voting less favorably for the democrat. This is one f-ed up country.
    you have to be careful with that statement regarding latinos. Immigrants and children of immigrants from Cuba and Venezuela are less likely to identify with democrats than those from other countries. What we're seeing play out in Florida is different from what we're seeing play out in Arizona, New Mexico, and Texas.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Feel free to re-locate to any other country of your choice. You have that freedom, so why not take advantage of it?
    Is that really the extent of your intellect?

Must one wave the flag and believe that we're exceptional in order to stay? Are you not able to grok any practical reasons a person might choose to stay in their country of birth, where their social safety net investments were made, in the society that they understand, where their family and friends are?

Are you unable to look at the USA and render a dispassionate analysis of what we're becoming, of why one might feel we're not really that exceptional in the grand scheme of things?

Do you have any idea what the USA has done to other countries while preaching "democracy" and "human rights"? Which country in the post WWII era has delivered more war and instability to the rest of the world?

If there's one thing that separates social conservatives from progressives it's the sort of tribal high school mentality you just so aptly displayed....that and the lack of circumspect thought; pretty much everything else stems from that.

Because I don't bitch about the United States like many here do, so I have no need to re-locate. It's that simple.
    If you don't have some serious probs with some aspects of the USA then you're not thinking very critically, and I'm guessing you know little about other first world countries...or the uglier parts of ours.

Good grief, how do you think societies improve? By just saying everything is hunky dorie? Did we advance by "not bitching"? Women and black folks got the vote by adopting your attitude?

And I do "feel free", but thanks for making sure. Crack some books; PM me and I'll give you a list.
    John Clay
    Tallahassee, FL
    My Framebuilding: https://www.flickr.com/photos/21624415@N04/sets

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zachateseverything View Post
    you have to be careful with that statement regarding latinos. Immigrants and children of immigrants from Cuba and Venezuela are less likely to identify with democrats than those from other countries. What we're seeing play out in Florida is different from what we're seeing play out in Arizona, New Mexico, and Texas.
    Good point. But there may still be a little right-of-polls tilt to the latino vote outside FL, and that could be enough for NV to go Trump. At this point, we need NV. My hope is really waning, with the current numbers in MI, WI, and PA.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bcm119 View Post
    Cuban, Central American and Venezuelan men are supporting Trump in Florida. Nationwide 3rd/4th generation Latinos who still identify as Latino are voting along the same lines as whites with SES determining party preference. In Arizona, Nevada and Iowa a large percentage of Latino voters (70% plus) are Mexican-American/Chicano. They'll vote Democratic 7 to 3. So, it may come down to the Bad Hombres.

Nevada:
    Hispanics of any race made 26.5% of the population. In 1970, non-Hispanic whites made up 88% of the state's population.
    The principal ancestry of Nevada's residents in 2009 has been surveyed to be the following:

20.8% Mexican

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hispan...inos_in_Nevada

Arizona:
    Hispanics made up 29.0% of Arizona's population. The largest ancestry group in Arizona is Mexican (25.8%). The southern and central parts of the state are predominantly Mexican American, especially in Santa Cruz County and Yuma County near the Mexican border.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hispan...nos_in_Arizona

Iowa:
    74.8 of Latinos are of Mexican descent.

https://www.iowadatacenter.org/Publi...atinos2020.pdf

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jclay View Post
    Is that really the extent of your intellect?

Must one wave the flag and believe that we're exceptional in order to stay? Are you not able to grok any practical reasons a person might choose to stay in their country of birth, where their social safety net investments were made, in the society that they understand, where their family and friends are?

Are you unable to look at the USA and render a dispassionate analysis of what we're becoming, of why one might feel we're not really that exceptional in the grand scheme of things?

Do you have any idea what the USA has done to other countries while preaching "democracy" and "human rights"?

If there's one thing that separates social conservatives from progressives it's the sort of tribal high school mentality you just so aptly displayed....and circumspect thought.

And I do "feel free", thanks.
    No John, I'm simply saying you've done nothing but protest & complain about our country for years. Don't try to insult me with high school comparisons- it won't stick. I don't write novellas on this site as some do, I'm surely capable. I choose to get to the point with few words. I'm well aware of our history, and also the history of other countries that have acted equally ruthless in the past.

Whoever wins: the sun will still rise, we'll still have coffee in the am and go about our business, and we both will still live in the greatest country in the world-(my opinion-shared by millions). Your fatalist vision of the country and those who disagree with your view do not show much maturity- also my opinion.

Interestingly enough, the one thing "progressives" feel, is that they are always right and own the moral high ground. Don't paint yourself into that stereotype.

But for christ sake, enough complaining.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

...enough complaining.
    Nah. This country was literally founded on complaining. It's how things get better. You find new ways to do things that evolve the status quo for the greater good. If there is any promise left to hold onto for these United States, it's that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Clean39T View Post
    Nah. This country was literally founded on complaining. It's how things get better. You find new ways to do things that evolve the status quo for the greater good. If there is any promise left to hold onto for these United States, it's that.
    You are mistaking with France.

By the way the whole fact that the result of this election is uncertain is depressing. Like in 4 years at least half of your population didn't learn or is driven by hate.
    Last edited by sk_tle; 11-04-2020 at 05:34 AM.
    --
    T h o m a s

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by htwoopup View Post
    If that turns out to be true, what kind of country does one have if you can ignore the other half of the country.
    That's basically the situation around Brexit. The problem is, of course, it cuts both ways, so one ends up with a divided country, quite literally. It's unfortunate.
    Chikashi Miyamoto

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No John, I'm simply saying you've done nothing but protest & complain about our country for years. Don't try to insult me with high school comparisons- it won't stick. I don't write novellas on this site as some do, I'm surely capable. I choose to get to the point with few words. I'm well aware of our history, and also the history of other countries that have acted equally ruthless in the past.

Whoever wins: the sun will still rise, we'll still have coffee in the am and go about our business, and we both will still live in the greatest country in the world-(my opinion-shared by millions). Your fatalist vision of the country and those who disagree with your view do not show much maturity- also my opinion.

Interestingly enough, the one thing "progressives" feel, is that they are always right and own the moral high ground. Don't paint yourself into that stereotype.

But for christ sake, enough complaining.
    Strawman and deflective.
    Over and out.
    John Clay
    Tallahassee, FL
    My Framebuilding: https://www.flickr.com/photos/21624415@N04/sets

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jclay View Post
    Strawman and deflective.
    Over and out.
    Cute labeling and avoidance.
    Stay superior on your throne.

And yes, I acknowledge pointless cycle of me complaining about your complaining.

I'm giving myself a time-out.

Sorry John if I got personal, but I know you can "take it".

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast