User Tag List

Page 77 of 97 FirstFirst ... 676869707172737475767778798081828384858687 ... LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,540 of 1923

Thread: 2020 Political Chatter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: 2020 Political Chatter

Pelosi and Schumer were reported to issue a statement about 20 minutes ago calling on Trump to tell the rioters to get out of there, and early on her spokesman said she was safe but wouldn't say where she was.
    Tom Ambros

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by davids View Post
    Yes, the mountain man at the podium should be hard to trace. Idiocy on top of idiocy on top of idiocy.

Meanwhile we can look forward to Warnock, Ossoff, and Garland.

I cannot recall a day quite as absurd as this one, with our worst and our best on display for the world.
    Man... how can such thing happen? Where is the respect for the institution? Jail time for dozens (of those idiots)w/ maxed out sentences is the least to be done. If Donald could be arrested for incitement then it would be all worth while.
    slow.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    Pelosi and Schumer were reported to issue a statement about 20 minutes ago calling on Trump to tell the rioters to get out of there, and early on her spokesman said she was safe but wouldn't say where she was.
    That's good to hear. Let's hope whoever was shot will recover.

I definitely think the Democrats are within their rights to demand an interim federal government until the Inauguration. Pence at least should take over, if not Pelosi.
    Last edited by j44ke; 01-06-2021 at 05:28 PM.
    Jorn Ake
    poet

Flickr
    Books

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by j44ke View Post
    That's good to hear. Let's hope whoever was shot will recover.

I definitely think the Democrats are within their rights to demand an interim federal government until the Inauguration. Pence at least should take over, if not Pelosi.
    I just read the victim is in bad shape.
    slow.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had thought the same thing. Get the vote done to rubber stamp the electoral commission and then Pence and co can remove Trump under the 25th Amendment leaving Pence in charge for the remaining two weeks. But, that would just provoke more violence and unrest and is probably not worth the damage it would do.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You might think so, but the Constitution does not. Let's not all lose our heads here, that usually just makes things worse, especially in the long run.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

“When I look at myself in the first grade and I look at myself now, I'm basically the same. The temperament is not that different.”

― Donald Trump

Of course, It is far, far worse than that.
    Mark Walberg
    Building bike frames for fun since 1973.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They simply say that Trump actually believes he won the election so therefore he is delusional and the 25th Amendment takes over. Right now I bet they'd get a fair amount of support from the Republicans.
    Tom Ambros

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BBB View Post
    I had thought the same thing. Get the vote done to rubber stamp the electoral commission and then Pence and co can remove Trump under the 25th Amendment leaving Pence in charge for the remaining two weeks. But, that would just provoke more violence and unrest and is probably not worth the damage it would do.
    At some point, lunacy cannot be allowed to remain the base level. Grown up time.

I predict some of these people will be very surprised how serious their lives become in the next several weeks.
    Jorn Ake
    poet

Flickr
    Books

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sino View Post
    You might think so, but the Constitution does not. Let's not all lose our heads here, that usually just makes things worse, especially in the long run.
    25th Amendment, Section 4.

Pence, not Pelosi.
    Last edited by j44ke; 01-06-2021 at 05:45 PM.
    Jorn Ake
    poet

Flickr
    Books

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    As third in line of succession her security is vital. When people said 4 years ago this so-called president represented a threat to democracy, this republic and was already a constitutional crisis many thought it was exaggerated and hyperbolic but it was accurate and prescient. He can still be removed and I hope he will be.
    La Cheeserie!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What a shithole country.
    --
    T h o m a s

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Indeed. I hope those people (protestors) think it was worth it when they get charged and all because of some electronic shouting from the cheap seats by Trump.

Odd that there was not more security in place to avoid this situation coming to pass.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

25th Amendment, Section 4.
    Death or incapacitation, etc. are 25th, having nut job supporters or riots isn't one of the reasons.

Remove Trump with something like that and watch D.C. really burn.

Again, calmer heads. Bring in the Nat. Guard, let the right people do their job without throwing even more fuel on the fire. In two weeks it's over.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At some point, lunacy cannot be allowed to remain the base level. Grown up time.

I predict some of these people will be very surprised how serious their lives become in the next several weeks.
    That´s my take on the whole thing. Make life difficult for these morons.
    slow.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Impeach DJT so that he may never legally hold elected office again.

For starters.

Just a thought. I'll give Mitch McTurtle some cover for the speech he gave just prior to gunfire. Too little too late perhaps yet he said it so there it is. His pals who are objecting to acceptance of the electors counts can end this tonight by rolling over and we can get on with the transition of power.

Next up Shimano or Campy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sk_tle View Post
    What a shithole country.
    Mine is worse: we had the militaries playing alongside a Trump wannabe while a bunch of azzholes threw fireworks over the supreme court building.
    slow.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sino View Post
    Death or incapacitation, etc. are 25th, having nut job supporters or riots isn't one of the reasons.

Remove Trump with something like that and watch D.C. really burn.

Again, calmer heads. Bring in the Nat. Guard, let the right people do their job without throwing even more fuel on the fire. In two weeks it's over.
    Sorry I don't see death or decapitation listed in the amendment. But I am all for calmer heads. Right now, I think Trump's head currently renders him unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office. I'm pretty calm about it. I think you are wrong that this is going to end in two weeks though.

Section 4
    Whenever the Vice President and a majority of either the principal officers of the executive departments or of such other body as Congress may by law provide, transmit to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives their written declaration that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office, the Vice President shall immediately assume the powers and duties of the office as Acting President.

Thereafter, when the President transmits to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives his written declaration that no inability exists, he shall resume the powers and duties of his office unless the Vice President and a majority of either the principal officers of the executive department or of such other body as Congress may by law provide, transmit within four days to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives their written declaration that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office. Thereupon Congress shall decide the issue, assembling within forty-eight hours for that purpose if not in session. If the Congress, within twenty-one days after receipt of the latter written declaration, or, if Congress is not in session, within twenty-one days after Congress is required to assemble, determines by two-thirds vote of both Houses that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office, the Vice President shall continue to discharge the same as Acting President; otherwise, the President shall resume the powers and duties of his office.
    Last edited by j44ke; 01-06-2021 at 05:57 PM.
    Jorn Ake
    poet

Flickr
    Books

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Too Tall View Post
    Impeach DJT so that he may never legally hold elected office again.

For starters.

Just a thought. I'll give Mitch McTurtle some cover for the speech he gave just prior to gunfire. Too little too late perhaps yet he said it so there it is. His pals who are objecting to acceptance of the electors counts can end this tonight by rolling over and we can get on with the transition of power.

Next up Shimano or Campy.
    Is it possible the word "conspiracy" sticks to Donald or at least to some of the organizers of that stupidity?
    slow.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this is fun, what a scene, but not surprising, given him and his childlike supporters. Its so weird he has supporters... but then so does Tottenham Hotspurs and SRAM
    Matt Zilliox