User Tag List

Page 196 of 362 FirstFirst ... 186187188189190191192193194195196197198199200201202203204205206 ... LastLast
Results 3,901 to 3,920 of 7223

Thread: Get Your Grump on Thursdays - Was (What's chapping my @ss today?)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Get Your Grump on Thursdays - Was (What's chapping my @ss today?)

Quote Originally Posted by Craven Moorehead View Post
    This time of year my muffin top gets scaly and itchy and I feel like one of those disgusting weirdos in a Gold Bond commercial
    just before i read this, i was itching and in a wtf moment looked at it being scaly.

this is new for me- im 27 and havent had these issues before. Those old dudes were right all along.

My real grump is definately the winter. I have so much snow its a foot down to my shop door from the path now. Im pretty diligent with shovelling when I get out there, but the base is so much that if I walk off the path im over my winter boots and up to my knees in snow.

Theres no opportunity for me to ride my current bikes as the roads have no shoulders and the drivers in this retirement city arent aware enough to avoid being roadkill. My trainer recently needed an overhaul LOL.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My favorite aunt just had a quite serious heart attack. Maybe I'll lay off the cheeseburgers this week.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tatibot went off the grid. He's one of the more insightful individuals in the velosphere and his opinions and photos will be missed.
    steve cortez

FNG

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am trying to get my logbooks fully up to date and in doing so am finding occasional notational errors, which go on for many pages. I have corrected them and have now begun correcting corrections. It's out of control and it looks worse than a student pilot logbook.

Thankfully, it only goes back to the end of 2013 and a few solid days entry should get me back in shape. I have ordered a new book and will re-enter every single flight since then. That sucks, but it's nothing compared to the hopeless task some of my coworkers have, having not entered anything for up to a decade or more and have no records of what they have.

I hope I do it right when the next book comes........ PITA work. Slow. Tedious.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well, i have been wearing my mother in laws long handles all day, and they are now wadded up around my ankles..

Long story, but we are out of our washer and dryer for the next couple of weeks. So we have been doing our clothes at my in-laws. Apparently we snagged her undergarments and not mine. It is cold as shit and i wear overalls to work. My MIL is 5" shorter and 50 lbs. heavier. The sumbitches have been falling all day, but it is too damn cold to take them off.... And, i am wearing her unmentionables. I try not to think about that.
    ‘The Earth is not dying, it is being killed, and those that are killing it have names and addresses-‘ Utah Phillips

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rowdyhillrambler View Post
    well, i have been wearing my mother in laws long handles all day, and they are now wadded up around my ankles..

Long story, but we are out of our washer and dryer for the next couple of weeks. So we have been doing our clothes at my in-laws. Apparently we snagged her undergarments and not mine. It is cold as shit and i wear overalls to work. My MIL is 5" shorter and 50 lbs. heavier. The sumbitches have been falling all day, but it is too damn cold to take them off.... And, i am wearing her unmentionables. I try not to think about that.
    Damn, dude... I got nothin'.
    DT

http://www.mjolnircycles.com/

Some are born to move the world to live their fantasies...

"the fun outweighs the suck, and the suck hasn't killed me yet." -- chasea

"Sometimes, as good as it feels to speak out, silence is the only way to rise above the morass. The high road is generally a quiet route." -- echelon_john

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh my, Rowdy. I don't know what can be done to cleanse me of that story. I'm not sure what can cleanse you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

pretty sure I would have gone commando

Over a year ago, I hurt my ankle. Apparently I cut a ligament that holds a tendon in place or something. It was giving me low-level pain, but that improved when I wore compression socks. So I started wearing an ace bandage to see if more compression would help more. The answer was sorta, but now it hurts worse in general. Went to my orthopod, who ordered a brace, but it has been in the pipeline for 2 months now. Good news for tomorrow, it feels fine on the bike

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=EricKeller;672421]pretty sure I would have gone commando

This is actually a perfect storm scenario. My grump from a couple of months ago, was dropping an angle grinder with a cut off wheel and nearly dis"membering" myself. So there is a 4" hole exactly where my business is. I only had this pair of overalls, yet again washing machine took a shit. So, I had gone commando my business would be available for all to see.

It is like a karmic laugh at old rowdyhillrambler, and I can't think of a better person for this to have happened to.

Prayers needed
    ‘The Earth is not dying, it is being killed, and those that are killing it have names and addresses-‘ Utah Phillips

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zetroc View Post
    Tatibot went off the grid. He's one of the more insightful individuals in the velosphere and his opinions and photos will be missed.
    This^^^

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zetroc View Post
    This^^^

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: What's chapping my @ss today?

My work day was done at 2:30. It's 4 and I'm still sitting here trying to bail out the incompetent co-worker on his job that's due tomorrow... I've got better things to do. Like anything.

Oh, and the Element that I bought on Sunday? Check Engine light came on Monday morning before I even got out of the driveway.
    DT

http://www.mjolnircycles.com/

Some are born to move the world to live their fantasies...

"the fun outweighs the suck, and the suck hasn't killed me yet." -- chasea

"Sometimes, as good as it feels to speak out, silence is the only way to rise above the morass. The high road is generally a quiet route." -- echelon_john

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Our last snowfall was Sunday. We could really use a little refresher.

{exits, pursued by bear}

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Selling house as we are still separated and it's not going to be fixed.

Wife is emotionally attached to the house and is struggling to find motivation to do anything.

I've spent the last week and a half painting. Fuck there is so much painting in a house and I'm only half done. I'm smashed. Whole body hurts. Chronic fatigue has flared up and I haven't ridden for two weeks.

I think I'd rather where my grandma's underwear than do anymore painting.

"Even my farts smell like steel!" - Diel

"Make something with your hands. Not with your money." - Dario

Sean Doyle

www.devlincc.com

https://www.instagram.com/devlincustomcycles/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/139142779@N05/

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A day late, but the icy roads that are going to keep me from going camping this weekend.
    Kyle Olson

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry for the late grump, but I had a bit of a relapse in my sinus infection today...I'm so sick of being sick.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rowdyhillrambler View Post
    So there is a 4" hole exactly where my business is. I only had this pair of overalls, yet again washing machine took a shit. So, I had gone commando my business would be available for all to see.
    here ya go:
    How to Make Duct Tape Underwear | eHow
    don't tell me you're out of duct tape, I would pray for you then

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I should know better than to celebrate my wife being gone for the weekend. She brought home the stomach flu which hit 4 of us at the same time tonight, within minutes actually. Let's just say we've run out of toilets and buckets.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sleeting again.
    Kyle Olson

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wtf texas winter
    -Dustin