Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Gaulzetti Cicli

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    Attachment 104945

What’s the story on this one Craig?
    I posted it in the Gaulzetti re-up thread, looks to be alu but isn’t the Interclub? Was this an experiment too?
    This is an Interclub with my new chain stays. I honestly can't tell a difference between how my Interclub with these stays rides versus my other Interclub that has the smaller ones. The weight difference in also negligible.
    bamboo, aluminum, wood.

My name is Craig Gaulzetti.

www.summercycles.com

www.gaulzetti.co

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

These look very nice Craig. Best of luck with the new frame sets and business.

-Mark

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Big unsolicited thumbs up to Craig and his new bike shop in Del Mar. Despite his daunting knowledge, the guy couldn't be more approachable and enthusiastic about the products in his shop (Gaulzettis, Pegs, and Sevens). The bikes are really beautiful in person--all of them, including his new carbon ones. I have a Seven but hadn't seen the others before in person, and they're stunning.

If you're in the San Diego area, I'd recommend stopping by. Super nice guy, great bikes, and more Campy than you'll see in the rest of the County.

Greg.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whats the address please. I will be visiting SD end Dec and would love to drop by.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

915 Camino Del Mar, Suite 150
    Del Mar, Ca 92014

It's on the main drag in downtown Del Mar, which is a beach town around 15 miles north of downtown San Diego. It's a nice walking around spot as well.

Lots of cool demo bikes too if you're brining cycling gear.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This should help...

About Us – SUMMER CYCLES

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Craig,
    I have a RegoRichie tubed Cazzo with an Enve fork. What would be the difference between that bike and the new Supercourse? Is the geometry and clearance the same? Is the tubing aimed to give a similar ride between the two?
    Does the Supercourse have round tubes like the Cazzo or are they shaped?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks. Dropped by and visited this morning. Met and chatted w Craig. Excellent fellow.

Saw the new Aerotack. Beautiful bike. Pics later.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here are the pics.

The new Aerotack

E4A2EE91-EFC3-4364-A802-F6E52610CBB6.jpg

Craig. Enjoyed chatting with the man.

10ADC4ED-FF8A-4F69-BA41-C5399987DFD5.jpg

Cold brew on the tap.

5FA206C3-D8F5-4C88-A964-7BEED1ED90E0.jpg

Not sure why the pics are oriented this way.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Chong View Post
    Cold brew on the tap.

5FA206C3-D8F5-4C88-A964-7BEED1ED90E0.jpg

Not sure why the pics are oriented this way.
    How many of those cold brews did you have?!?! :)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice interview with Craig leading up to NAHBS over at Bike Rumor: https://www.bikerumor.com/2018/02/08...ulzetti-cicli/

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just a quick shout out to Craig and Jeff and their new store in Del Mar, Ca. I had them work on some difficult issues with the Campy EPS set up on my bike. They were incredibly helpful and went the extra mile, working with Campy USA to get it fixed correctly. They also loaned me a pair of nice wheels until mine came in.

Top notch.

Greg.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi folks:
    I just wanted to show you guys some pictures of a bike- I'm really proud of. Most of the stuff we've been doing recently has been super fancy. I'll be posting some nice shots about our new Aerotack with Lightweights and Record EPS Discs that's a 51.5cm demo bike here at the shop and has a really cool navy, white and fluo green paint scheme inspired by the Vale Rossi's Yamaha and this beautiful Aerotack with Boras aand Super Record calipers we did for a tall guy and painted in the best pearl white i've seen since the old Merckx team Gan MX leaders and a matte take on Mercedes' Blaugrau hue from the 1950s-

but this thing is the one I'm most excited about. It's a custom Interclub I built for Innokenty Zavyalov. He's a super fast kid who is already in Holland (the bike was late!) racing his ass off and trying to make it as a pro. His team provides a lot of support but no equipment so he came to us.

We're not made of money especially since opening this shop here in Del Mar- but I wanted Inno to be racing the best bike I could make him. He's a big strong kid and the terrain in the Netherlands is super rough, wet, and cobbled. It's also flat. All this meant that weight wouldn't matter all that much but durability and performance certainly would.

The frame is my Interclub but with a new drop-out that does not feature any of the curved hooded elements i usually use. This was to insure fast and easy wheel changes for Inno by neutral services or his team mechanics. The drop-out was fun to design and build and it's going to be an option going forward. I painted the bike in Pantone's color of the year for 2018 "UltraViolet". Inno was born in Russia but grew up in the Twin Cities and nothing is more Minnesota than purple- and this purple is a great color and really speaks to our time as well as being evocative of Inno's hometown- Vikings, Prince, etc. etc.

The fork is my carbon fork that I painted in my Titanium white with Orange tips. The latter is a nod to Holland where this thing is going to prove its worth. My Ti white is the color that shows the best against a darker frame and should allow my name to be visible on local dutch TV and in the local newspapers and most importantly to the spectators who see Inno race by.

I built it with Potenza because it is Campy's best mechanical group. It has the updated springs and mechanisms that we'll see trickle up to Super Record and Record next year. The ProTour teams are already being supllied rear derailleurs with Potenza internals! Oh- and the stuff is a far better value when you're a small company who has to buy the shit to give away. I chose Campy Scirocco wheels because they're Campy's newest wide alloy wheel with enough depth to be reasonably aero while not being boat anchors. They also have great bullet proof hubs with Record style internals and to me- they ride like a Cosmic Carbone but feel a touch stiffer. I love these wheels and the nice even spoke tension means they should hold up over the cobbles. The wider rim also means they match up perfectly with the Vittoria CX+ 700x25 clinchers. These tires have converted me to clinchers after more than 25 years of racing and riding exclusively on tubulars.

We did a Deda Zero 100 bar because they're awesome. We did a Deda Superleggera stem (140mm!) because it is awesome. We did an FSA Carbon headset because it seems to work the best of all the headsets i've tried with my new integrated IS52/IS42 headtube I recently designed. (It's much lighter and looks so much better than the 44mm straight thing I was using previously)

The chainstays are an all new design too- they're not quite as tall as my old ones- but are a bit wider and seem to keep the bikes more planted and less choppy. Overall the new drop-out design and new chainstay seem to make the bike ride better.

I test rode this thing before packing it up for Holland and I came back 100% convinced that this is THE best bike i've ever ridden. It has a lot of small changes from the last Interclub- new bridges, new cable routing. no bridge on the cstays, At my tubing manufacturers request I did a little bit of a modification to the welding and heat treatment process...and it all added up to a fucking bad ass race bike.

I look at this thing and it's a fucking race bike that I can realistically sell to you for plus or minus $4000 too. We've never been in a better place here at Gaulzetti.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    bamboo, aluminum, wood.

www.summercycles.com

www.gaulzetti.co

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Craig, that bike ^ rocks hard!!! Your explanation of choices an changes is awesome too. My short list is getting too long!

"Even my farts smell like steel!" - Diel

"Make something with your hands. Not with your money." - Dario

Sean Doyle

www.devlincc.com

https://www.instagram.com/devlincustomcycles/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/139142779@N05/

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

here's a new Omnidrome.

we're building it with some weird Vision Track cranks, probably Corima 5 Spoke Track wheels, and probably a Deda 35 stem and bar for the mass start stuff.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    bamboo, aluminum, wood.

www.summercycles.com

www.gaulzetti.co

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That bike for 4k is perfect. I love it but unfortunately out of the question for now.
    Well done Craig it's totally smokin'.
    Lee James Jones
    Former 105 fan

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

4 grand for the whole damn bike? What is an Interclub frameset running these days?
    "As an homage to the EPOdays of yore- I'd find the world's last remaining pair of 40cm ergonomic drop bars.....i think everyone who ever liked those handlebars in that shape and in that width is either dead of a drug overdose, works in the Schaerbeek mattress factory now and weighs 300 pounds or is Dr. Davey Bruylandts...who for all I know is doing both of those things." - Jerk

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

An Interclub frame, fork, headset, and seat post or topper is $2800. We have Ultegra and Potenza build kits that put the complete bikes in the low 4K range. Check'em out here: Interclub Specs —
    bamboo, aluminum, wood.

www.summercycles.com

www.gaulzetti.co

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are you doing the Interclub in disc yet, Craig?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RichTheRoadie View Post
    Are you doing the Interclub in disc yet, Craig?
    Absolutely. We're also just finishing up our new post mount caliper compatible seat stay too. We can build any of our road bikes around any of the current brake standards.
    bamboo, aluminum, wood.

www.summercycles.com

www.gaulzetti.co