Thread: any blendtech users?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: any blendtech users?

Quote Originally Posted by BShow View Post
    damn... thats a lot of change for some smoothies...... Do these things take the place of a food processor? .
    Thanks for asking this. I was wondering if I'm missing out on some necessary kitchen tool and didn't quite understand why the thing is so pricey. All week I've been wondering, "Why not use a food processor?"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BShow View Post
    damn... thats a lot of change for some smoothies. do they have a lesser version, or are blenders a go big or go home type of thing. The Kitchen Aid blender that I have now sucks ass and my wife was threatening to go get something new, just the other day.

Do these things take the place of a food processor? Or are they two seperate tools in the kitchen. Our food processer sees a lot of action and is probably getting tired. If the blendtec is a replacement for two small appliances, then it's easier to swallow.
    Honestly, my wife and I have always gone back and forth on getting a monster blender (vitamix, now sounds like blendtec is king). We got a nutribullet awhile months back to see how we like it and its been fine for 95% of the types of smoothies we make. We don't make hummus in it. We don't make our own peanut butter. It cuts up frozen stuff fine and shreds ice down enough to fit though a straw.
    Auk's words to live by:
    Blow up and pin a picture of M. Bartoli on your wall. When you achieve that position, stop. Until then, stretch, ride, stretch, ride, eat less, and ride more.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vitamix is not a food processor in that it is not a slicer, etc. Pretty much grinds and puree's (sp?). And it does it way better than the typical $50 blender.
    Pricey I suppose, but this forum is full of folks who think $5k+ for a bike is reasonable... :) And the vitamix will last longer and improve your diet if used.
    Cheers

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On mostly related note - I would love to try out one of these: Pacojet revolutionary device, cooking

Sadly, 4k for the base model is a bit tough to justify.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The things that have been coming out of my kitchen since we got a VM... amazing. These machines are worth it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Blend tec fuggin rules.

I bought a used Vita-mix and burned it out. Then I got the Blend-tec. Money well spent.

YES ITS FRIGGIN LOUD!!! I either cup my hands over my ears or leave the room. I think there are covers you can buy. or make.

But I'd still rather hear the BT than any electric coffee grinder. Oh and of course the BT will beat your beans into espresso grind in about .42 seconds.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Co-worker gave me his Breville juicer, but after using it a few times - I see what you guys mean about the waste (and why he doesn't use it anymore - I can see the cleanup becoming a hassle). The juice was good, but there is a lot left over. Just pulled the trigger on a Blendtec with the Wildside Jar.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rmplum View Post
    Co-worker gave me his Breville juicer, but after using it a few times - I see what you guys mean about the waste (and why he doesn't use it anymore - I can see the cleanup becoming a hassle). The juice was good, but there is a lot left over. Just pulled the trigger on a Blendtec with the Wildside Jar.
    101 Ways to Use Juicer Pulp (Okay, Actually Just Ten) - Plan to Eat - Plan to Eat

I've only composted and trashed mine though.
    Auk's words to live by:
    Blow up and pin a picture of M. Bartoli on your wall. When you achieve that position, stop. Until then, stretch, ride, stretch, ride, eat less, and ride more.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's the beauty of the BT, you eat all that "waste" which MOOOOOVES your system.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yo Heisenberg - mind throwin' that pancake recipe at us? Looks great!

Thanks,

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My wife bought a Blendtec last year and it's awesome- she freaking loves that thing. The kids wore my shop ear protectors for a while but now they're used to it and don't mind the noise at all.
    “Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.” - Dr. Seuss

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My best green smoothie yet.

image-3499192512.jpg

Two Granny Smith apples (cored)
    4 celery stalks
    1 whole cucumber
    1 carrot
    Handful of spinach
    Half of a lemon
    Handful of grapes
    A thumb of ginger
    Couple tablespoons of flaxseed
    1 cup of water and some ice.

I've previously been overloading on the kale and spinach, this one is pretty drinkable. And the blender makes enough to drink the whole day (unlike the juicer).

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As requested, oat waffle/pancake batter recipe: RECIPE: BlendTec Oat Waffles – The Locals Are Painting My Name on the Roads

Wife's team's BlendTec spot - she's the blonde one who did most of the talking:
    Nate King
    not at scarab

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^ You may have just sold me a blender! I saw a Vitamix for the first time last night (odd, because I like to cook and thought I knew about kitchen tools), and have to say it wasn't what I expected. Definitely an industrial tool.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

once again, blentec total. you will not be sorry. i really thought it was going to be about smoothies with greens and raw nuts but i've been using mine for dips, puree's and sauces as well. its getting used 10-14 times a week in my house.

it might have already paid for itself in hummus production.

a couple nights ago i made one of Michelle's favorite dishes, pork and chicken meatballs that get deglazed/reduced with a white bordeaux. i usually serve this saucy meatball concoction over a sautéed shredded brussel sprouts n beacon thing. we generally forgo the starch in a late meal but really wanted a nice potato flavor for this one. so rather than do up a ton of calories in potato, i peeled and boiled two really small waxy guys, tossed em in the blendtec with a shot of broth and hemp milk. pinch of salt and what we got was a potato flavor explosion that served as a nice smear(incredible texture) under the sprouts. man that really hit the spot. no i am hungry.
    Nick Crumpton
    crumptoncycles.com
    Instagram
    "Tradition is a guide, not a jailer" —Justin Robinson
    "Mastery before Creativity"—Nicholas Crumpton 2021

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

48 hours till we get some Blendtec action...

SafariScreenSnapz018.png

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FWIW, Blendtec is not without its flaws. My wife and I picked one up from Costco about a year ago? Use it ~2x/wk for green smoothies and such. After each use, we rinse/clean immediately. About a week or two ago while making a smoothie, the Blendtec started getting really loud, and there was some smoke. When we removed the jar from the base, we saw some shredded rubber. After rinsing out the jar, I tried to move the blade manually, and it was pretty tough. I assume that's what caused the motor to overheat, etc. Anyway, we'll either be returning it to Costco or getting it warrantied. But otherwise, we love ours. Just be sure to properly clean and store it, I guess!

Use and Care | Blendtec.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xeladragon View Post
    FWIW, Blendtec is not without its flaws. ...
    I wouldn't call that a flaw of the machine, but a flaw of the manufacturing of the machine-which happens with every product. I used to use my multiple times every single day, never a glitch and no "extra" effort in cleaning.

I do always turn the shaft by hand before lighting it up, sometimes there's a bit of stiction.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do these things (the Blendtecs) "walk" around the counter when blending?

I made the mistake of watching a video review and the damn thing was all over the counter. The reviewer favored the VM because it's heavier but I'm thinking the review was sponsored by VM in the first place.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My wife got me one of these for my birthday (replacing an Oyster classic thingy that was on its last legs - read: smoking, wretching etc.) and I have to say it is incredible. Use it every morning for spinach/kale/banana/pinapple/almond milk smoothie.

The noise astounding (it just keeps getting progressively louder through some cycles) but once you've securely locked up the kids/pets and notified the neighbours the thing is unreal.

I haven't even scratched the surface of what these new breed of uberblenders are capable of yet but am looking forward to exploring its limits (and in the meantime continuing to make mass quantitates of kickass humous). Thanks for the additional inspiration and pointers folks!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast