User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 40 of 40

Thread: Vsalon Nomads ride V2 May 29 to June 1

  1. #21
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    DC
    Posts
    24,531
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Vsalon Nomads ride V2 May 29 to June 1

    Quote Originally Posted by AngryScientist View Post
    Do you think snakes are aware of social distancing protocol?
    Yes, yes they are.

    Sad news, we are out. It is unlikely Mrs. Too can get away from work and she has no idea how to turn on the stove. You think I'm joking?

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Mertztown, PA
    Posts
    4,333
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Vsalon Nomads ride V2 May 29 to June 1

    Quote Originally Posted by Too Tall View Post
    Yes, yes they are.

    Sad news, we are out. It is unlikely Mrs. Too can get away from work and she has no idea how to turn on the stove. You think I'm joking?
    Ooof.

    Not sure the campground will even be open by then??
    "As an homage to the EPOdays of yore- I'd find the world's last remaining pair of 40cm ergonomic drop bars.....i think everyone who ever liked those handlebars in that shape and in that width is either dead of a drug overdose, works in the Schaerbeek mattress factory now and weighs 300 pounds or is Dr. Davey Bruylandts...who for all I know is doing both of those things." - Jerk

  3. #23
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    DC
    Posts
    24,531
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Vsalon Nomads ride V2 May 29 to June 1

    Quote Originally Posted by nahtnoj View Post
    Ooof.

    Not sure the campground will even be open by then??
    No clue. It is highly likely we will do something once it is reasonable and recommended to travel.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    335
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Vsalon Nomads ride V2 May 29 to June 1

    I think now might be a good time to officially pull the plug on this. Maybe we pick a date later in the year when travel restrictions are lifted and peoples lives are hopefully somewhat closer to normal. I know my mrs is currently getting zero riding in due to a new work schedule.
    Dan Bare

  5. #25
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    DC
    Posts
    24,531
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Vsalon Nomads ride V2 May 29 to June 1

    Quote Originally Posted by PaMtbRider View Post
    I think now might be a good time to officially pull the plug on this. Maybe we pick a date later in the year when travel restrictions are lifted and peoples lives are hopefully somewhat closer to normal. I know my mrs is currently getting zero riding in due to a new work schedule.
    The second part of your statement gave me chills. That woman needs exercise!!!

    I second that Dan. Call it like you see it.

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    2,029
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Vsalon Nomads ride V2 May 29 to June 1

    good call.

    it's looking very much like NJ will still be under Stay-at-Home orders through May.

    I'm feeling some fall foliage michaux action.

  7. #27
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    DC
    Posts
    24,531
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Vsalon Nomads ride V2 May 29 to June 1

    Quote Originally Posted by AngryScientist View Post
    good call.

    it's looking very much like NJ will still be under Stay-at-Home orders through May.

    I'm feeling some fall foliage michaux action.
    You should gain some weight and focus on Netflix like the rest of us ok?

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Chocolatetown, USA
    Posts
    2,094
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Vsalon Nomads ride V2 May 29 to June 1

    Quote Originally Posted by AngryScientist View Post
    good call.

    it's looking very much like NJ will still be under Stay-at-Home orders through May.

    I'm feeling some fall foliage michaux action.
    Michaux is beautiful in the fall.
    Will Neide (pronounced Nighty, like the thing worn to bed)

    Webpage : : Flickr : : Tumblr : : Facebook
    Instagram: wilco_cycleworks

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    SC PA
    Posts
    839
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Vsalon Nomads ride V2 May 29 to June 1

    I'll miss you all. that ride was a 2019 highlight for me.

    Quote Originally Posted by Will Neide View Post
    Michaux is beautiful in the fall.
     

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    335
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Vsalon Nomads ride V2 May 29 to June 1

    Quote Originally Posted by JoB View Post
    I'll miss you all. that ride was a 2019 highlight for me.
    Not cancelled just postponed. I'm thinking mid October might be good but let me talk it over with Josh.
    Dan Bare

  11. #31
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    DC
    Posts
    24,531
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Vsalon Nomads ride V2 May 29 to June 1

    Quote Originally Posted by PaMtbRider View Post
    Not cancelled just postponed. I'm thinking mid October might be good but let me talk it over with Josh.
    We need to summon the snake spirits. Dan, I propose we get stinkin' drunk. That's all.

    When we wake up to regret our lack of self control the answer will be obvious.

  12. #32
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    SC PA
    Posts
    839
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Vsalon Nomads ride V2 May 29 to June 1

    we're like a snake-charming pentecostal preacher away from a truly good time. Know anyone?

    Quote Originally Posted by Too Tall View Post
    We need to summon the snake spirits. Dan, I propose we get stinkin' drunk. That's all.

    When we wake up to regret our lack of self control the answer will be obvious.
     

  13. #33
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Chocolatetown, USA
    Posts
    2,094
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Vsalon Nomads ride V2 May 29 to June 1

    Quote Originally Posted by Too Tall View Post
    We need to summon the snake spirits. Dan, I propose we get stinkin' drunk. That's all.

    When we wake up to regret our lack of self control the answer will be obvious.
    I'll bring a couple I9 hubs to lure them out.

    Also, mid-Oct is unPAved and Iron CX double header.
    Will Neide (pronounced Nighty, like the thing worn to bed)

    Webpage : : Flickr : : Tumblr : : Facebook
    Instagram: wilco_cycleworks

  14. #34
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    DC
    Posts
    24,531
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Vsalon Nomads ride V2 May 29 to June 1

    Quote Originally Posted by Will Neide View Post
    I'll bring a couple I9 hubs to lure them out.

    Also, mid-Oct is unPAved and Iron CX double header.
    Wait what? Iron Cross double header? That sounds evil.
    Last edited by Too Tall; 04-16-2020 at 07:29 PM.

  15. #35
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Mertztown, PA
    Posts
    4,333
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Vsalon Nomads ride V2 May 29 to June 1

    I never cancelled my reservations and wound up going out to Michaux on Friday night after the rains died down.

    Arrived late, around 10, and slept in the back of my SUV. Got up Saturday morning, met Nick who was two sites down. We had a nice chat, but decided to ride separately, as I was planning on heading home fairly early.

    I didn't get too creative with my route - 233 to Michaux Rd, up to Ridge, Ridge south to Big Flat/233, where I picked up Birch Run down to Long Pine, then Milesburn down to 233. Couple miles north on 233 to Dead Woman Hollow, north on Ridge, then down Woodrow, and a little more 233 back to Pine Grove Furnace.

    I was back right at noon and home by 2:30. I really need to do this more often. Looking forward to something in the fall...
    "As an homage to the EPOdays of yore- I'd find the world's last remaining pair of 40cm ergonomic drop bars.....i think everyone who ever liked those handlebars in that shape and in that width is either dead of a drug overdose, works in the Schaerbeek mattress factory now and weighs 300 pounds or is Dr. Davey Bruylandts...who for all I know is doing both of those things." - Jerk

  16. #36
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    2,029
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Vsalon Nomads ride V2 May 29 to June 1

    Quote Originally Posted by nahtnoj View Post
    . Got up Saturday morning, met Nick who was two sites down. We had a nice chat, but decided to ride separately, as I was planning on heading home fairly early.

    .
    hey it was really nice to meet you and talk about riding bikes and the absolute beauty of the area. Glad to hear you got a solid ride in, it's almost impossible to go wrong out there. Well, unless you dont like climbing. then everything goes wrong, haha.

    It sounds like you went UP Michaux road. I think that particular descent is one of the best road descents i've experienced, so fast and fun. I can imagine what that looks like in the fall at peak color. Probably sensory overload at high speed. Coming back!

    it's a pretty special place, for sure.


  17. #37
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    335
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Vsalon Nomads ride V2 May 29 to June 1

    The weather turned out to be really nice for a weekend at Michaux. It's crazy the number of people that are out there on a weekend. I've never seen it as busy as it has been this year. FWIW, we were at Michaux over the weekend but not at Pine Grove. We only saw 1 small rattlesnake on Saturday. Hopefully Josh will post a picture.
    Hopefully we can put something together for a version 2.1 of a Nomad's ride.
    Dan Bare

  18. #38
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Mertztown, PA
    Posts
    4,333
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Vsalon Nomads ride V2 May 29 to June 1

    Quote Originally Posted by AngryScientist View Post

    It sounds like you went UP Michaux road. I think that particular descent is one of the best road descents i've experienced, so fast and fun. I can imagine what that looks like in the fall at peak color. Probably sensory overload at high speed. Coming back!
    That is was I did. I love that descent too - its super fast but also gradual enough that you basically never have to brake. I chose to go up it on Saturday because its mostly paved and Woodrow felt like it was going to be too much of a shock to the system out of the gate. It turned out to be a good decision, because Woodrow was very sketchy with lots of loose gravel, and I'm sure I would have had serious traction issues going up. That's a beautiful shot - looks like you got down into the valley a little bit - Adams or Cumberland County side?
    "As an homage to the EPOdays of yore- I'd find the world's last remaining pair of 40cm ergonomic drop bars.....i think everyone who ever liked those handlebars in that shape and in that width is either dead of a drug overdose, works in the Schaerbeek mattress factory now and weighs 300 pounds or is Dr. Davey Bruylandts...who for all I know is doing both of those things." - Jerk

  19. #39
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    SC PA
    Posts
    839
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Vsalon Nomads ride V2 May 29 to June 1

    sounds like we had our own physically distant Nomad ride this weekend. i was up there as well on the bouncy bike, and looks like AngryScientist and I might have run into each other!
     

  20. #40
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    DC
    Posts
    24,531
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Vsalon Nomads ride V2 May 29 to June 1

    Quote Originally Posted by PaMtbRider View Post
    The weather turned out to be really nice for a weekend at Michaux. It's crazy the number of people that are out there on a weekend. I've never seen it as busy as it has been this year. FWIW, we were at Michaux over the weekend but not at Pine Grove. We only saw 1 small rattlesnake on Saturday. Hopefully Josh will post a picture.
    Hopefully we can put something together for a version 2.1 of a Nomad's ride.
    Just a widdle baby rattler.

    rat.jpg

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Vsalon Nomads Eastern Parkways Ride (Fall) 2019
    By Too Tall in forum Bicycle Nomad - Airtreams RVs Vans Campers
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 10-03-2019, 10:18 AM
  2. 2019 Vsalon Nomads ride
    By Too Tall in forum Bicycle Nomad - Airtreams RVs Vans Campers
    Replies: 92
    Last Post: 06-24-2019, 12:53 PM
  3. RFP for date/location of 2019 Vsalon Nomads ride
    By Too Tall in forum Bicycle Nomad - Airtreams RVs Vans Campers
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 12-22-2018, 09:06 AM
  4. Replies: 125
    Last Post: 06-20-2016, 09:55 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •