User Tag List

Thread: East Canyon / Echo Road Race - a few Zanconato Jerseys, including a podium

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default East Canyon / Echo Road Race - a few Zanconato Jerseys, including a podium

Some of us did this a couple weeks ago. Starts on a hill - about a 4 mile climb, 1200' feet or so...then a steep descent, 10 mile out and back, then up and over the back side of the first climb, past the start, then 10 miles of gradual eelvation gain via lots of rollers up another canyon, turn around at the top of that canyon and back to the start area, then back up the very first climb again for a summit finish. About 60 miles. Great race. After an off-season of fairly intensive indoor power-based group compu-trainer sessions, I was far better prepared from a fitness perspective this year than I was last year, same race. I made it into an early break of about 8 guys off the front coming up the 2nd steep climb, taking turns at the front to add some distance the rest of the pack. Seriously felt GREAT...then when we were heading up the 10 miles of rollers, the lights went out. In-excusable lapse in nutritional intake on my part. The tank was empty. Crazy how fast it went from "feeling strong" to feeling like some kid on his Transformers BMX bike was bound to pass me at any moment. It was pathetic and I totally deserved it. It was a long, lonely crawl up the last climb...getting passed by guys that were shed the first 10 miles of the race.

All in all, I had a FABULOUS time. Lessons learned and I was still grinning when I finished.

Nina (pictured) got a win for the ladies, Cat 3/4 group. Pictures below

A couple of our guys in the Cat1-2-3s

Here's Nina strangely looking like her mind is on other things..but she did win (this is her first race to boot!)

Me taking a pull in the 8-man break coming back down the 2nd of two climbs (the other 4 people in the break not pictured) *this was the Cat4 Masters race

**edit: if the pictures aren't coming up for you...not sure what's going on. they're links to my Flickr feed and its always worked fine in the past. Maybe its just my work computer... I'll check at home and if they still don't come up, I'll try something different

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: East Canyon / Echo Road Race - a few Zanconato Jerseys, including a podium

looks like I double posted one of the pictures. the picture under the caption for the guys in the Cat1-2-3 should have been this one:

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: East Canyon / Echo Road Race - a few Zanconato Jerseys, including a podium

Whohoooo, can't wait for 2017!