Page 8 of 28 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 TdF - Results/Spoilers Allowed

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: 2015 TdF - Results/Spoilers Allowed

Really fun stage. Even through the last section of cobbles, most-all the contenders could follow and/or had one or two teammates to help stay attached. I hope 5 or 6 teams will be battling like that in the mountains. (Froome fighting his way out of the gutter was impressive.)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fun interview with Matteo Trentin...the rider who changed bikes with Martin.

http://hdliveextra-vh.akamaihd.net/i....m3u8?b=0-4000

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Was having some computer issues, but looked like Cav launched a bit early, while Sagan a bit late. Did Cav run out of a leadout train?
    -Dustin

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by -Dustin View Post
    Was having some computer issues, but looked like Cav launched a bit early, while Sagan a bit late. Did Cav run out of a leadout train?
    It looked like he ran out of leadout train but he also doesn't seem to have the power he had a few years ago. Still got third but Greipel and Sagan are just plain faster. Sagan nearly won. Had it been 20 meters longer he would have won. But it wasn't so he didn't.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cav and Renshaw appeared to have been separated coming around the final turn and Cav once again launched a bit early... Greipel and Sagan both had super impressive accelerations.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Holy acceleration from AG - last year he seemed to be less comfortable in bunch kicks and didn't have a snap like the other top sprinters - most of his wins came from having his team drive things at crazy speeds and then he'd take it from the front so hard no one could come around - but he wasn't snappy... His weight loss and change in race sched seems to have paid off impressively, he's got confidence in messy finales and a jump that's legit (Kristoff is notoriously hard to come around, and he did it while taking a longer line)

Sagan - I don't have time to watch the tape a couple times, but he was WAAAAYY back, and while I was marveling at the turn of speed that AG put on to vault past everyone, then Sagan came through with a ton more speed. Everyone else was topped out and Sagan just came FLYING though. wow.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That was impressive from Sagan. Not sure how the green jersey points will stack up but he's my pick to win it based on consistency. Will be really impressive for him to get that given no support from his team.

Smart ride by Greipel. Only one teammate with him?

I'm not writing off Cavendish, though. Looks like he had to do a lot of work to get out of the pack once Alpecin messed up the Etixx train just under 2k to go. Martin looked a bit gassed which let them come around. We've yet to see Cavendish with a clean leadout this race which is where his team is designed to win. The fact he did all of that pack surfing in the final 1.5k and still got up top says he may still have it. I wouldn't be surprised to see multiple stage wins from him.
    Andy

RAI Reporter: "Did you have it in mind to go for the win today?"
    Eddy Merckx: "Why do you ask me that? Why do you think I'm here? To watch the others win?"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Andrevich4 View Post
    That was impressive from Sagan. Not sure how the green jersey points will stack up but he's my pick to win it based on consistency. Will be really impressive for him to get that given no support from his team.

Smart ride by Greipel. Only one teammate with him?

I'm not writing off Cavendish, though. Looks like he had to do a lot of work to get out of the pack once Alpecin messed up the Etixx train just under 2k to go. Martin looked a bit gassed which let them come around. We've yet to see Cavendish with a clean leadout this race which is where his team is designed to win. The fact he did all of that pack surfing in the final 1.5k and still got up top says he may still have it. I wouldn't be surprised to see multiple stage wins from him.
    I think Greipel will have to fade for Cavendish to have a big chance. But that can happen. I think Cav gets over the hills a bit better and could have a chance in a smaller group.

The Sagan thing is interesting. The whole purpose of that team is to support Contador's bid for a win. Letting Sagan do his own thing seems counter to that. I think Sagan could be an awesome teammate for Contador on most stages except the highest mountains and even there I think he would be valuable. It will be interesting to see how that plays out.

Having Sagan on that team seems like when Mark Cavendish rode on Sky when the whole purpose of Sky was to win the TdF with Bradley Wiggins.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Elecrtical problem for thibault pinot yesterday.... That's progress for you !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sebaudet View Post
    Electric shifting is great. Except when it's not.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

shit can happen anytime when you ride Shimano ;)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Eurosport guy said "I don't know how a thing like that happens on a pro team", referring to the dead battery. I'd have to agree with that. But I also know from dealing with cordless drills that sometimes batteries lose their charging capacity without exhibiting any such loss on previous recharges. Put the battery in the charger, appropriate light goes on or off to show it is charged, then put it in the drill and it works just about as long as you need to get up the ladder and far away from the other battery. So not to exempt the mechanics from blame, but sometimes these batteries go without warning.

Since it was Pinot's second bike though, I'd say it was pretty likely someone didn't keep it charged.
    Jorn Ake
    poet

Flickr
    Books

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do they know it was a dead battery, or are they assuming that? In other words, could something have come unplugged possibly?
    Dustin Gaddis
    www.MiddleGaEpic.com
    Why do people feel the need to list all of their bikes in their signature?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My understanding, and something I've seen happen firsthand, is that it wasn't a dead battery, but that one of the connectors in the shifter or junction box came loose.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had a girl at Tulsa lose all power to her Di2 RD. Battery showed full-green charge, both shifters were working, but 20mins before her race, it died. All connections were good, but somewhere between Junction A and her RD, something happened.

As for the race - at what point did it die? FD goes before RD when a battery is going out. There are many signs that had to have been missed for it to completely be dead. I'm thinking something failed.
    -Dustin

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Really enjoyed the racing yesterday including the Panzer attack at the end. Today Griepel and Sagan were the most patient and while coming from behind, they were sheltered from the winds and came around with a lot more speed than those with their nose in the wind.
    Nathan H

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile Re: 2015 TdF - Results/Spoilers Allowed

Tour philosophy with Saab...

Quote Originally Posted by Saab2000 View Post
    Sagan nearly won. Had it been 20 meters longer he would have won. But it wasn't so he didn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Saab2000 View Post
    Electric shifting is great. Except when it's not.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I found it interesting that with all the hype around the new Venge VIAS, both Cav and Sagan were on old Venges at the finish. I didn't get to watch every minute of the replay...anyone know if there was a bike change or anything along the course that would warrant not using the fastest bike in the world?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, they just need an extra challenge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Those bikes require 5 hours of maintenance for every 15 hours of ride time and need to be shipped back to the factory as no mobile mechanic has the training or tools. As such, those bikes will be returned in time for stage 11.

More seriously, wouldn't surprise me if the plan was to ride them for XYZ number of days then give a 100% tear down and make sure all is ok.

Doesn't look like Cav can beat Grieple heads up anyway. May as well ride an Allez.