Thread: Mountain Bikes of Velocipede Salon

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Mountain Bikes of Velocipede Salon

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Musgrave View Post
    Houston that pink 44 is my pick for bike of the year.
    I agree full heartedly. See what happens when I stay out of the way. Kris made and speced most of the bike and my daughter picked the color.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Finally getting some time on this bike.

The 130/140 29er segment is just so freaking capable in almost every regard. Great time to be riding mountain bikes.

I also need to get a cheap camera to take out on the trail with me as I never have my phone to take pictures. There's always something I want to snap of quick image of. Also why I only have this image of the bike on the back of my rig.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Not Riding!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My love affair with slow off road riding has been re-kindled after a nasty prang 2 years ago on my hardtail over gravel corrugations ..... but that's another story best left as history.

I've always wanted to build (read own) a high end carbon frame long travel bike - Yeti SB 6c - where have you been all my life.............?

Yeti-on-the-rails-01-Jan-2019-email.jpgYeti-on-the-rails-02-Jan-2019-email.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by open roader View Post
    My love affair with slow off road riding has been re-kindled after a nasty prang 2 years ago on my hardtail over gravel corrugations ..... but that's another story best left as history.

I've always wanted to build (read own) a high end carbon frame long travel bike - Yeti SB 6c - where have you been all my life.............?

Yeti-on-the-rails-01-Jan-2019-email.jpgYeti-on-the-rails-02-Jan-2019-email.jpg
    Lovely bike but I hope you will reach other territories than this flat land with such travel.
    --
    T h o m a s

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sk_tle View Post
    Lovely bike but I hope you will reach other territories than this flat land with such travel.
    Yes, it's a lovely bike and more refined and capable than I am. I'll be taking myself back to my local trails and elsewhere when the southern hemisphere summer cools off from it's current raging heat. A few runs up and down the rail line is the way I like to dial in the rapid fork rebound that I'm looking for - much safer than running over road corrugations and more fun to boot. BTW RS Pike fork is very confidence inspiring compared to the solo air forks I've ridden (and crashed) before...........

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Trails finally dried after about a month of indefatigable rain. Let 'er rip!

And, had new wheels ready to go. Wider-er and carboner-er. Previously KOM i25s, now at 32.5 internal carbon nexties. Can't say for sure how much the extra 7.5mm internal width changed my grip and the ride of the tires, but it felt like quite a bit and for the better. I had them a little high on pressure (over 25) til I figure out sidewall deflection on the new spread, etc, but I can see these being quite grippy back down around 20 PSI where I usually keep them. They felt great even all gassed up. I did have one of the tires on backwards (woops) so I'm sure there was some extra RR but I'm about to mount up some new ones today, so we won't worry about that.

2019-03-13_01-25-56 by z937

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zambenini View Post

And, had new wheels ready to go. Wider-er and carboner-er. Previously KOM i25s, now at 32.5 internal carbon nexties. Can't say for sure how much the extra 7.5mm internal width changed my grip and the ride of the tires, but it felt like quite a bit and for the better. I had them a little high on pressure (over 25) til I figure out sidewall deflection on the new spread, etc, but I can see these being quite grippy back down around 20 PSI where I usually keep them. They felt great even all gassed up. I did have one of the tires on backwards (woops) so I'm sure there was some extra RR but I'm about to mount up some new ones today, so we won't worry about that.

Bike looks really well sorted. I think if my Cielo MTB had been able to fit a dropper and those kinds of meats I might've kept it. But mine wouldn't have been white, which looks so good on yours.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks! It is super great! I think about gears again some times though. But I will always want a single speed so maybe not. It's clearing a WTB Trail Boss 2.4 on internal 32.5 rims... it wouldn't clear the 2.6 but that would be overkill for what I need. In the next year or two I will likely get a nicer dropper and service the fork.

I will probably get it repainted at the end of the season too. The white has been gorgeous but it needs some help now. I think a metallic pink or metallic sage green... Good with all the turquoise bits on it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We gotta get out together soon!!
    laughter has no foreign accent.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Musgrave View Post
    We gotta get out together soon!!
    Would love to, my man. HMU as the kiddos say. I bet Tuesday or Wednesday will bring dry trails.

I wanna try your chameleon out if you'll let me swing a leg over it in the parking lot.
    Last edited by zambenini; 20 Hours Ago at 01:59 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Would love to, my man. HMU as the kiddos say. I bet Tuesday or Wednesday will bring dry trails.

I wanna try your chameleon out if you'll let me swing a leg over it in the parking lot.
    Of course but I'll do you one better - take it home for a day or so.
    laughter has no foreign accent.