Thread: Do you need a Dirt Jumper?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Do you need a Dirt Jumper?

Quote Originally Posted by jscottyk View Post
    I bet you were at the Frisco bike park, which is awesome. The jump lines there are great. Very progressive from full beginner on the right to full X-Games on the left. The area above the jump lines has three slopestyle lines and dual slalom course. Great skate park there too.
    Yup, that's the place. I was in heaven, kids were all, "can we go now please?" There was an older guy there on a 20 inch, word is he was a high school teacher as well, he gave me hope. I'd never try a 20 inch, last time I rode my kid's it was all I could do to keep it under me.

Our city just allowed the local cycling folks to cut some single track through an unused park on the edge of town. A nice not too technical 1 mile loop, with so decent climbing. Not much else going on there, and the single track doesn't bother any of it. Would be the perfect place for a pump track...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rec head View Post
    You guys are the worst. Now I want a dirt jumper or BMX. Luckily Craigslist doesn't have anything in my area.
    There is a dirt jump line a short roll from my house, but I'm only interested in watching. If there was a pump track, however, I'd be right out there looking silly, and a pump track bike would follow because this is the way.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 72gmc View Post
    There is a dirt jump line a short roll from my house, but I'm only interested in watching. If there was a pump track, however, I'd be right out there looking silly, and a pump track bike would follow because this is the way.
    This is the way.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Municipal paved pumptracks start at $175k with the company I work for. We try not to do dirt municipal pumptracks any more because itís almost impossible to insure that they will be properly maintained.

A dirt pumptrack track kinda just shrinks over time unless people love on it with shovels and picks pretty regularly, or a signed plan for maintenance is in place.

Quote Originally Posted by Chad View Post

Our city just allowed the local cycling folks to cut some single track through an unused park on the edge of town. A nice not too technical 1 mile loop, with so decent climbing. Not much else going on there, and the single track doesn't bother any of it. Would be the perfect place for a pump track...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by suspectdevice View Post
    Municipal paved pumptracks start at $175k with the company I work for. We try not to do dirt municipal pumptracks any more because itís almost impossible to insure that they will be properly maintained.

A dirt pumptrack track kinda just shrinks over time unless people love on it with shovels and picks pretty regularly, or a signed plan for maintenance is in place.
    Interesting. Is paved pump track design & install custom every time, or does a firm like yours have pre-designed options for different plot dimensions? I assume there is a minimum footprint for a workable design, and Iíve been surprised by how small some pump tracks can be.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12