User Tag List

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: ZWIFT > VS Zwifters post your start times....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: ZWIFT > VS Zwifters post your start times....

Weather is improving here but I still don't ever have any daylight to ride before work so I'll probably continue trying to knock out an hour on Zwift in the morning several days a week. Helps me make up for the days I'm wiped out by the time I get home from work and the days here when the wind is far beyond my tolerance level which unfortunately can be pretty often.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Here in NW Arizona, it's not unusual to have 25+ mph winds most afternoons, year round. One of the reasons we ride early on the road. I ignore the wind when riding off road but one of my regular gravel routes has a longish uphill grade that has a predominate tailwind in the afternoon. I'll descend into the wind anytime.
    Weight Doper

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Mondays I typically do a 4 mile walk after work, kind of a mind clearing but still beneficial "workout". Except yesterday. The wind was gusting to 35 mph with lots of dust so I stayed inside and got on the trainer. There's a new loop in Watopia called tick tock. It's around 12 miles, flattish, and does the new desert section and some alpine foothills type stuff. I did Richmond first, that loop just hurts. More MTB parts arrived yesterday, I can hardly wait for that to be done.
    Weight Doper

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Zwift makes riding a trainer somewhat tolerable. It's a good tool for the winter or recovery, or other special circumstances, but the weather is improving most places.

A good friend and riding mate, and teammate since the 70's, has taken to Zwift. On Sunday, when it was calm, sunny, dry, and in the mid 60's, he did 2.5 hrs on the blasted thing. I invited him on a ride and he told me he was busy! I'm almost sorry I suggested he get a smart trainer and a Zwift subscription last November.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by twowheels View Post
    Zwift makes riding a trainer somewhat tolerable. It's a good tool for the winter or recovery, or other special circumstances, but the weather is improving most places.

A good friend and riding mate, and teammate since the 70's, has taken to Zwift. On Sunday, when it was calm, sunny, dry, and in the mid 60's, he did 2.5 hrs on the blasted thing. I invited him on a ride and he told me he was busy! I'm almost sorry I suggested he get a smart trainer and a Zwift subscription last November.
    It's easy to fall into that trap. Do I layer to ride in 50 degrees or do I just put on a pair of bibs and a HRM to ride Zwift? Riding the road in the afternoons isn't an option for me regardless of temps or daylight. It's just too sketchy with all the trucks, tweakers, and wind. I ride before dawn on the weekends, finishing up around 8am. Afternoon rides are gravel or single track.
    Weight Doper

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Brian McLaughlin

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I rode my KICKR this afternoon on Zwift. It was 96 degrees with 25 mph winds, didn't even feel like mountain biking. It's been a while since I opened Zwift, there were about 5 minutes of updates.
    Weight Doper

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah we get that convection oven feeling around here in the summer, that's enough to send me to the trainer. I can take riding a bit outside in that kinda weather but I feel like one of those gas station hot dogs sizzling under a lamp.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678