Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 193

Thread: VSALON: Zwift Thursdays P/B NixFrixShun @ 9:10 am

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    164
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: VSALON: Zwift Thursdays P/B NixFrixShun @ 9:10 am

    I am in for an hour or so. I am just getting over some kind of cold/respiratory thing so if I get punted don't circle back to look for me. I better go change my guys clothes.

    Quote Originally Posted by Too Tall View Post
    Awesome. Let's just say 8 am now and not cause anyone to miss out or wonder. I'll post this to Facebook.
    Posted to FB:
    Thursday Nov. 24 we will move the ride to 8:10 am. Choose "London 8" wear the BICYCLING magazine Jersey (code) bicyclingmag . The ride ends after 2 hrs. There will be a 5 min. Break immediately after second box hill climb. Stop after you pass under the banner or watch me for a queue. Pace: easy warm up, 2 to 2.5 w/kg mostly. Hard(er) climbs at 2.5-3 w/kg. I'll set a hard tempo pace. If you have entered your weight and FTP correctly you'll be nicely challenged. Questions? Post them here.
     

  2. #22
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    DC
    Posts
    19,460
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: VSALON: Zwift Thursdays P/B NixFrixShun @ 9:10 am

    Good deal Hank. We'll start "old guy" slow 'cause we don't want anyone to pop a tendon or put out an eye.

    The 5 min. break after the second Box Hill is key. That gives everyone time to catch on, pee or knock out your daily Plank Challenge. Just don't do all three at once.

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    932
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: VSALON: Zwift Thursdays P/B NixFrixShun @ 9:10 am

    Quote Originally Posted by Too Tall View Post
    Awesome. Let's just say 8 am now and not cause anyone to miss out or wonder. I'll post this to Facebook.
    Posted to FB:
    Thursday Nov. 24 we will move the ride to 8:10 am. Choose "London 8" wear the BICYCLING magazine Jersey (code) bicyclingmag . The ride ends after 2 hrs. There will be a 5 min. Break immediately after second box hill climb. Stop after you pass under the banner or watch me for a queue. Pace: easy warm up, 2 to 2.5 w/kg mostly. Hard(er) climbs at 2.5-3 w/kg. I'll set a hard tempo pace. If you have entered your weight and FTP correctly you'll be nicely challenged. Questions? Post them here.
    Ok Boss, I think I can make it. Not on FB, so I hope above is the most up to date.
    Back on the bike for 4 weeks after 12 week off due to crash, so I have enough motivation to endure the trainer for a bit.

    How do I pick that jersey?

    Zwift name: A.Taenzer - German flag
     

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Middle of the mitten
    Posts
    2,103
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: VSALON: Zwift Thursdays P/B NixFrixShun @ 9:10 am

    Quote Originally Posted by CXinNH View Post
    Ok Boss, I think I can make it. Not on FB, so I hope above is the most up to date.
    Back on the bike for 4 weeks after 12 week off due to crash, so I have enough motivation to endure the trainer for a bit.

    How do I pick that jersey?

    Zwift name: A.Taenzer - German flag
    While you're running Zwift, type P to bring up the dialog box and enter code BICYCLINGMAG.
    Don't remember if you have to exit and re-load the app to get it to change.
     

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    164
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: VSALON: Zwift Thursdays P/B NixFrixShun @ 9:10 am

    At the risk of looking like a total dork I present this link:

    Zwift jersey previews and unlock codes - ZwiftBlog
     

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    876
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: VSALON: Zwift Thursdays P/B NixFrixShun @ 9:10 am

    Quote Originally Posted by SpeedyChix View Post
    While you're running Zwift, type P to bring up the dialog box and enter code BICYCLINGMAG.
    Don't remember if you have to exit and re-load the app to get it to change.
    You do not need to exit the app. The little circulating 'model' rider on the screen shows the changes in real time.

    I changed it just in case I can join you guys some time.
    Brian McLaughlin

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Norfolk, England
    Posts
    390
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: VSALON: Zwift Thursdays P/B NixFrixShun @ 9:10 am

    Wahoo Kickr has just arrived today, so will be hoping to join a ride with you Ladies and Gents shortly (once I've worked out the time difference from the UK). Have just done a quick 10 min ride on the trial version to suss out a few things, and in process of setting up a subscription. Not gonna make it this week, but will do soon once I know I'm roughly on the pace!
     

  8. #28
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    DC
    Posts
    19,460
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: VSALON: Zwift Thursdays P/B NixFrixShun @ 9:10 am

    That's good news. Carry on and see you soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisn View Post
    Wahoo Kickr has just arrived today, so will be hoping to join a ride with you Ladies and Gents shortly (once I've worked out the time difference from the UK). Have just done a quick 10 min ride on the trial version to suss out a few things, and in process of setting up a subscription. Not gonna make it this week, but will do soon once I know I'm roughly on the pace!

  9. #29
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    DC
    Posts
    19,460
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: VSALON: Zwift Thursdays P/B NixFrixShun @ 9:10 am

    Quote Originally Posted by Hank Scorpio View Post
    At the risk of looking like a total dork I present this link:

    Zwift jersey previews and unlock codes - ZwiftBlog
    Right on Hank. I've chatted with the Zwift developers if it is possible to create a custom Jersey. They replied that it is too complicated at this time however they will allow me to do this soon.

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    164
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: VSALON: Zwift Thursdays P/B NixFrixShun @ 9:10 am

    Sorry for being a total bum today. We got back a little later from Conor Oberst than I thought we would. On the plus side it was a great show.
     

  11. #31
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    DC
    Posts
    19,460
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: VSALON: Zwift Thursdays P/B NixFrixShun @ 9:10 am

    Another good ride thanks everyone. LOL when we took the pace above 3.2 w.kg on the second box hill I lagging.
    It looked like we had 6 to 8 riders for the first lap and some dropped off.

    Here is a thought. If your fitness is not quite where you need it to be eg holding 80 to 85% of FTP is a non-starter than consider fiddling with your weight on Zwift to give yourself a temporary advantage. This is not cheating if it makes you stronger and boosts motivation when doing THIS ride. You should put the numbers back where they belong when on your own so that you are able to track natural progress.

    Instead of leaving this to chance here is my proposition:
    1. Excellent fitness - use current body weight
    2. Winter fitness +/- a few slices of pie subtract 15 lbs from your zwift reported weight
    3. Don't ask - subtract 20 lbs from your zwift reported weight

    If you find that now you can toy with the pace, that's cool but keep it in check and adjust as needed.

    Rock on brothers and sistahs.

  12. #32
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    932
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: VSALON: Zwift Thursdays P/B NixFrixShun @ 9:10 am

    Josh - thank you. Ride leading par excellence.
    These rides will help to get back into shape as we have now solid snow and ice on the roads.
    Two more weeks and I am allowed to get HR over 140, and in the new year no more limits.
    Having said that, Josh and Anne pushed me to just about 140HR /230 watts perfectly and than had the grace to hold off.

    Thanks to Anne and Brian I even got the jersey thing sorted out.

    Will join again as time allows.
    Big Thank You.

    Andreas
     

  13. #33
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Calgary, AB
    Posts
    175
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: VSALON: Zwift Thursdays P/B NixFrixShun @ 9:10 am

    Sorry if I missed this, but what time zone is NLT?
    Larry Sampson

    "Donít buy upgrades, ride up grades."
    Eddy Merckx

  14. #34
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    DC
    Posts
    19,460
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: VSALON: Zwift Thursdays P/B NixFrixShun @ 9:10 am

    Quote Originally Posted by LarryA View Post
    Sorry if I missed this, but what time zone is NLT?
    We are in Eastern USA timezone. Sorry about that, I'll be sure to add this to the details.

  15. #35
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Calgary, AB
    Posts
    175
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: VSALON: Zwift Thursdays P/B NixFrixShun @ 9:10 am

    Not a problem - just working my way through Maslow's hierarchy of needs;-)

    1 - Sign up
    2 - Show up
    3 - Keep up
    Larry Sampson

    "Donít buy upgrades, ride up grades."
    Eddy Merckx

  16. #36
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    DC
    Posts
    19,460
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: VSALON: Zwift Thursdays P/B NixFrixShun @ 9:10 am

    Excellent.
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryA View Post
    Not a problem - just working my way through Maslow's hierarchy of needs;-)

    1 - Sign up
    2 - Show up
    3 - Keep up

  17. #37
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Calgary, AB
    Posts
    175
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: VSALON: Zwift Thursdays P/B NixFrixShun @ 9:10 am

    Suunto Dongle arrived so I will hang this Thursday until I blow up or the ride ends - whichever comes first;-)
     

  18. #38
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    DC
    Posts
    19,460
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: VSALON: Zwift Thursdays P/B NixFrixShun @ 9:10 am

    Quote Originally Posted by LarryA View Post
    Suunto Dongle arrived so I will hang this Thursday until I blow up or the ride ends - whichever comes first;-)
    Excellent. Give it a few test runs to get the feel for riding with others.

    F.Y.I. we are on for this Thurs. same deal. Drop into the game at 9:05 am and we roll at 9:10 am.
    Watch myself and Anne G. for pacing. If you get too far ahead we won't worry about it but we will soft pedal if you start to fall off.
    Pace is getting better. We are shooting for 2 to 2.4 w/kg flat'ish roads and 2.5 to 3 w/kg on box hill.
    Stop immediately after the second Box Hill climb after the banner for a 5 min. break.
    *Soft pedal all downhills yo.

  19. #39
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Calgary, AB
    Posts
    175
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: VSALON: Zwift Thursdays P/B NixFrixShun @ 9:10 am

    Tried it today for an hour - based on that not much risk of me running away from anyone;-)
     

  20. #40
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    DC
    Posts
    19,460
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: VSALON: Zwift Thursdays P/B NixFrixShun @ 9:10 am

    Quote Originally Posted by LarryA View Post
    Tried it today for an hour - based on that not much risk of me running away from anyone;-)
    FWIIW Larry we encourage fiddling with your weight *IF* you are a bit out of shape or maybe lifting weights etc. Personally, I use my correct weight and suffer like a bad dog.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 6057
    Last Post: 1 Day Ago, 06:38 PM
  2. Zwift?
    By suhacycles in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: 10-13-2016, 04:09 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •