User Tag List

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
Results 101 to 120 of 120

Thread: The Ultimate Bagel

  1. #101
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    715
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: The Ultimate Bagel

    Quote Originally Posted by Too Tall View Post
    Plotzing. The whitefish omfuuuukingawd.
    Me too.
    Evan Marks

  2. #102
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    1,056
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: The Ultimate Bagel

    What do you do with the whitefish? I frequent a Russian deli to buy Salmon eggs so I'm curious as what to do with it.
    Jonathan Lee
    My science page

  3. #103
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    NYC=>NJ=>Boston
    Posts
    2,746
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: The Ultimate Bagel

    Quote Originally Posted by summilux View Post
    What do you do with the whitefish? I frequent a Russian deli to buy Salmon eggs so I'm curious as what to do with it.
    Whitefish salad, put it on a bagel.
     

  4. #104
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    CT Shoreline
    Posts
    123
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: The Ultimate Bagel

    What made it the best was visiting Boulder and going the establishment with my oldest son


    After all our kids are ALL we leave behind!!
     

  5. #105
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    715
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: The Ultimate Bagel

    “It should not be sweet and you should never find blueberries, jalapeŮos, or rainbow colors in your bagel.”

    New York Today: What Makes a New York Bagel? - The New York Times
    Evan Marks

  6. #106
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    NYC=>NJ=>Boston
    Posts
    2,746
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: The Ultimate Bagel

    exactly.

    Quote Originally Posted by prcrstn8 View Post
    “It should not be sweet and you should never find blueberries, jalapeŮos, or rainbow colors in your bagel.”

    New York Today: What Makes a New York Bagel? - The New York Times
     

  7. #107
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    DC
    Posts
    23,843
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: The Ultimate Bagel

    Dad day here, we just finished the last of the Exit #6 JTPK pumpernickel bagels.

  8. #108
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    mission scum
    Posts
    1,253
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: The Ultimate Bagel

    I definitely would have said there's nothing worthwhile on the west coast... until today. The folks from boichick bagels were at the JCC haunakka shabbat event handing out samples and to my taste, they're the real deal. They don't have a brick and mortar location currently, but if you're in the Bay Area be on the lookout.

    Shot of the event with bagels by boichick, donuts by federal donuts, and cocktails by alembic bar, just because pictures are fun.

     

  9. #109
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    781
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: The Ultimate Bagel

    Glad to hear it! I've been trying to spread the word about Emily and her bagels (including earlier in this thread). boichik has really blown up since she got a write-up in the East Bay Express. If I had the $, I'd invest. She really knows what she's doing.
    Alex Cortez

  10. #110
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Mont Tremblant, Quebec & UES, NYC
    Posts
    703
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: The Ultimate Bagel

    Just because it's been awhile since we have discussed where you get the best bagels...

    Brooklyn Bridge by Jon Mandel, on Flickr
    Jon Mandel

  11. #111
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    DC
    Posts
    23,843
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: The Ultimate Bagel

    Good one Jon. Right now, this second I'd kill for a decent bagel.

    Hey, this is a challenge. In a couple days I'm slogging from Georgia to MD via I95. Suppose you had a need for a seeded bagel and lox. If you have names of killer bagels between here and DC than please speak.

    *Caveat, I'd like to not drive more than a few miles off the interstate.

  12. #112
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Mont Tremblant, Quebec & UES, NYC
    Posts
    703
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: The Ultimate Bagel

    Just going to leave this here....

    From the UES, you can turn it into a 20 mile ride if you go to the West Side/ Hudson River Greenway/Brooklyn Bridge/ back...If you are in NYC on a Friday morning you must...The pastrami salmon is to die for...

    IMG_3134 by Jon Mandel, on Flickr

    IMG_3133 by Jon Mandel, on Flickr

    IMG_3132 by Jon Mandel, on Flickr

    IMG_3131 by Jon Mandel, on Flickr

    IMG_3135 by Jon Mandel, on Flickr
    Jon Mandel

  13. #113
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Better to be ruined than to be silent atmo.
    Posts
    19,733
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: The Ultimate Bagel

    Quote Originally Posted by htwoopup View Post
    Just going to leave this here....

    <CUT>
    i'm plotzing atmo

  14. #114
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    NYC=>NJ=>Boston
    Posts
    2,746
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: The Ultimate Bagel

    1) Isn't that the wholesaler who only sells to the public on Friday? (I hope the wait was not bad)
    2) Oy Gevalt, you are killing me here. Strong want.

    Quote Originally Posted by htwoopup View Post
    Just going to leave this here....

    From the UES, you can turn it into a 20 mile ride if you go to the West Side/ Hudson River Greenway/Brooklyn Bridge/ back...If you are in NYC on a Friday morning you must...The pastrami salmon is to die for...
     

  15. #115
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    NYC=>NJ=>Boston
    Posts
    2,746
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: The Ultimate Bagel

    A bounty from NYC was delivered today...

    4 Plain
    4 Raisin
    4 Pumpernickel

    Apparently the new bakers dozen is 14.

    bagels.jpg



    And by the way, the Wegman's "traditional" smoked salmon is really good.
     

  16. #116
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    3,992
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: The Ultimate Bagel

    i said it earlier in the thread and i'll repeat myself here.

    the best bagels in the world are in Chelsea, Massachusetts at Katz' Bagels. He (Mr. Katz) is a fycking asshole-and not even really in a charming way at least until you get to know him- but you'd be too if you were and abject failure in life despite having invented the pizza bagel- once having a monopoly on bagels sold in grocery stores until big bread forced you out of the shops through bullying, bribery, threats of violence, and good old fashioned shelving tactics, and failing to turn Red China on to the culinary delicacy that is a bagel despite statistical analysis that was right out of the Boston Consulting Group's greatest hits. ("I figured Jews love Chinese food- there's a good chance the opposite is true! And even if it isn't and only like half of one percent of Orientals like Bagels- that's still millions of people. Tattoo Lou knows what I'm talking about".- Mr. Katz explaining to my Mother his time in Asia while I was in close proximity. He called me Tattoo Lou in case that was unclear.)

    Anyway- his bagels make the best New York bagel taste like a hockey puck. It's the real deal. I wonder if I email him a call tag he could ship some out to San Diego. There isn't a good bagel in this state.

    Home | Katz Bagel Bakery
    bamboo, aluminum, wood.

    My name is Craig Gaulzetti.

    www.summercycles.com

    www.gaulzetti.co

  17. #117
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    NYC=>NJ=>Boston
    Posts
    2,746
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: The Ultimate Bagel

    Quote Originally Posted by jerk View Post
    ...I wonder if I email him a call tag he could ship some out to San Diego. There isn't a good bagel in this state.

    Home | Katz Bagel Bakery
    Let's talk offline. I might be able to help. Put them in freezer ziplock bags, get out as much air as possible, and they might make the 1-2 day trip west.
     

  18. #118
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Dallas, Texas - downtown
    Posts
    2,079
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: The Ultimate Bagel

    Quote Originally Posted by jerk View Post
    i said it earlier in the thread and i'll repeat myself here.

    the best bagels in the world are in Chelsea, Massachusetts at Katz' Bagels. He (Mr. Katz) is a fycking asshole-and not even really in a charming way at least until you get to know him- but you'd be too if you were and abject failure in life despite having invented the pizza bagel- once having a monopoly on bagels sold in grocery stores until big bread forced you out of the shops through bullying, bribery, threats of violence, and good old fashioned shelving tactics, and failing to turn Red China on to the culinary delicacy that is a bagel despite statistical analysis that was right out of the Boston Consulting Group's greatest hits. ("I figured Jews love Chinese food- there's a good chance the opposite is true! And even if it isn't and only like half of one percent of Orientals like Bagels- that's still millions of people. Tattoo Lou knows what I'm talking about".- Mr. Katz explaining to my Mother his time in Asia while I was in close proximity. He called me Tattoo Lou in case that was unclear.)

    Anyway- his bagels make the best New York bagel taste like a hockey puck. It's the real deal. I wonder if I email him a call tag he could ship some out to San Diego. There isn't a good bagel in this state.

    Home | Katz Bagel Bakery
    Best bagels on the planet. Your description above spans a couple generations of Katzís. The local dialect involves giving people relentless shit, but itís ironically a sign of openness & inclusion......so basically thatís him being friendly.

    Call Richard, he may fedex you bagels if heís in the mood.
     

  19. #119
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    781
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: The Ultimate Bagel

    I'm also repeating myself from earlier in this thread, but Boichik Bagels recently had their grand opening in Berkeley, on College Ave. This is the best bagel I've ever eaten, though I'm a native Californian so my bagel opinions are automatically invalid. Native New Yawkers are extremely excited, for what that's worth.
    Alex Cortez

  20. #120
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Boston, Massachusetts, United States
    Posts
    8,173
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: The Ultimate Bagel

    ...every time I go over the Tobin I tell myself I need to hang a right and stop at Katz.
    And do not.

    Until I do stop, Exodus is pretty alright, and a short walk on a Sunday morning. Plus look at that punim!

    IMG_0196.jpg
    GO!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Similar Threads

  1. ultimate fighting and that ilk atmo -
    By e-RICHIE in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 96
    Last Post: 07-11-2008, 09:43 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •