Thread: Oregon Handmade Show 2017 (Fat Chance, Ahearne, Igleheart, Jeff Lyon, Ti Cycles, ...)

Post Thanks / Like

Default Oregon Handmade Show 2017 (Fat Chance, Ahearne, Igleheart, Jeff Lyon, Ti Cycles, ...)

The 2017 Oregon Handmade Bike Show is this weekend (Aug 12th &13th). Admittedly I wasn't sure how exhibitor attendance would shape up but the show is just about sold out. Some of the PDX regulars will be there Ahearne, Igleheart, Ti Cycles, Strawberry, etc. I'm really looking forward to seeing Fat Chance, Jeff Lyon and Jeffrey Bock. I'll be getting my feet wet with a little booth too. Should be fun! Any V-salonistas going? It's always fun to put faces to names, come say hi!
    Jason Henkle
    flickr
    instagram

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Oregon Handmade Show 2017 (Fat Chance, Ahearne, Igleheart, Jeff Lyon, Ti Cycles,

Jeff Lyon is gonna be there? he better get back from mexico and finish my bikes up, haha. I wonder if hes gonna show one of my bikes?

this looks fun!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Oregon Handmade Show 2017 (Fat Chance, Ahearne, Igleheart, Jeff Lyon, Ti Cycles,

With the date move, and the first question coming out of most people's mouths being "are you local?", I had decided to not do this show this year, and do the Pedaler's Fair instead (which was canceled for this year... go figure). And Friday being my daughter's birthday, I won't be able to even make the trip down for the show as a spectator. Hope it's a good show for you, Jason. Wish I could come down and see your wares.
    DT

http://www.mjolnircycles.com/

Some are born to move the world to live their fantasies...

"the fun outweighs the suck, and the suck hasn't killed me yet." -- chasea

"Sometimes, as good as it feels to speak out, silence is the only way to rise above the morass. The high road is generally a quiet route." -- echelon_john

Post Thanks / Like

Here is the show website for more info: 2017 Oregon Handmade Bike Show

Looks like there will be some brazing demos too, kinda cool. I don't recall that being done in the past.
    Jason Henkle
    flickr
    instagram

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mzilliox View Post
    Jeff Lyon is gonna be there? he better get back from mexico and finish my bikes up, haha. I wonder if hes gonna show one of my bikes?

this looks fun!
    Yep, I've never met or spoken with him but he sure can build a bike! Looking forward to meeting him.

Quote Originally Posted by David Tollefson View Post
    With the date move, and the first question coming out of most people's mouths being "are you local?", I had decided to not do this show this year, and do the Pedaler's Fair instead (which was canceled for this year... go figure). And Friday being my daughter's birthday, I won't be able to even make the trip down for the show as a spectator. Hope it's a good show for you, Jason. Wish I could come down and see your wares.
    Thanks much. I was wondering if you were going to be attending this year. Have fun with your daughters birthday. I too was a little surprised with the date move. Hopefully it proves to be a good thing for the show.
    Jason Henkle
    flickr
    instagram

Post Thanks / Like

Wow. It took a whole week for me to process my photos from this year’s show. But they’re posted now. 2017 Oregon Handmade Bicycle Show

Post Thanks / Like

Nice post Amy.
    Some day I hope to have a table there and annoint the PNW with NFS.

Post Thanks / Like

Great pics! I'd love to have a table there next year. Looks like a lot of fun

Post Thanks / Like

Amy! I missed seeing you and talking with you this year! I'm still waiting on the coffee table book. Love your work.

And Josh, I think I offered to shill NFS for you last year.
    DT

http://www.mjolnircycles.com/

Some are born to move the world to live their fantasies...

"the fun outweighs the suck, and the suck hasn't killed me yet." -- chasea

"Sometimes, as good as it feels to speak out, silence is the only way to rise above the morass. The high road is generally a quiet route." -- echelon_john

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks very much for your post, Amy.
    rw saunders
    everything is connected

Post Thanks / Like

Cool photos. I talked to Jeff Bock about building me a light randonneur just yesterday!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all your kind words, guys! The show indeed was a lot of fun – I got to chat with folks and was lucky to get a number of nice photos. I hope some of you can attend next year!

Post Thanks / Like

The show was a whole lot of fun for me. I don't think I met any V-salon folks but I did meat a lot of great people and had a lot of great conversations. I even met one of my neighbors which was pretty funny.

The big highlight for me was getting some very encouraging and insightful feedback from Mark Dinucci and Jeff Bock. Opportunities like that are pretty darn rare so I am very thankful for that.

Amy, thanks for taking all the great pictures! I'm sorry we didn't get the chance to chat. Hopefully next year!
    Jason Henkle
    flickr
    instagram