User Tag List

View Poll Results: Who is going? Morning Rides?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • NAHBS Saturday

9 75.00%
  • NAHBS Sunday

9 75.00%
  • Saturday Ride

5 41.67%
  • Sunday Ride

4 33.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: NAHBS 2015 : March 6-8, 2015 Louisville Kentucky : Who is going?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default NAHBS 2015 : March 6-8, 2015 Louisville Kentucky : Who is going?

When and Where: March 6-8, 2015 Louisville Kentucky
    NAHBS | North American Handmade Bicycle Show NAHBS | North American Handmade Bicycle Show | #NAHBS
    Exhibitors *as of 1/8/15 YES NixFrixShun Ultimate Bicycle Chainlube will be there :)
    http://www.2015.handmadebicycleshow.com/exhibitors/

Come on down. NixFrixShun in all it's glory will be standing behind a table. We are rolling down to where the grass is green and the Bourbon flows like a water. Oh my.
    Matt and I had a great time meeting people and the many conversations at the New England Builders Ball so we decided to throw down for some more lovin' at NAHBS 2015.

Watch this space for the inside line on early AM bike riding. I'd like to get as many framebuilders as possible to join for some cardiac response and bonhomie with non-exhibitors welcome to join OF COURSE :) Boyd is putting out about 980 watts subthreshold so he will be on the front and I give good draft, great draft actually. Have you ever drafted a barn door? No? Here is your chance.

VERY much looking forward to some facetime with all the attendees.

Who is going both builders, industry and visitors? What bar is the best place to get thrown out of and where do I go for unpretentious chow???? Need to know.

After NAHBS I'm going on a road trip. Have bicycle will travel. Taking offers...I cook and clean...what more do you want?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: NAHBS 2015 : March 6-8, 2015 Louisville Kentucky : Who is going?

Josh, Susan and I will probably drive down for the day and look for you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Craig Ryan View Post
    Josh, Susan and I will probably drive down for the day and look for you.
    Awesome, really looking forward to catching up. iIRC we are booth #607.

Looking for a local who can queue a couple rides from the venue.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll be there! I better be, I'm leading the rides. . .in an area I have never ridden in.

But, I have been checking around and talking to a few people. Just south of town is a place called Iroquois Park. It's pretty much a straight shot from the Galt Hotel (the one I'm staying at) and the convention center down to Iroquois Park. There are a couple loops there, one at the bottom of the "mountain" and one at the top.

Thinking we ride down there, do a couple loops, couple climbs, then ride back. It's a 3.3 mile loop at the bottom and a 1.3 mile loop at the top with a mile climb to get from bottom to top. This allows us to all ride down there together in a group, then ride at our own pace for a bit depending on how much fun we had the night before, and then ride back as a group.

This is what awaits us at the top: https://ssl.panoramio.com/photo/74501780

I'll be in booth 619. . . and will have some new things to show off. Some really cool new things!
    www.boydcycling.com - The Handcrafted Revolution

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

AT SSCXWCKY the absolute highlight of the weekend was Friday Feats of Strength. A great tour of the city by bike. On more than one occasion on that ride I thought to myself, "Yep, I could live here".
    Tim O'Donnell- Shamrock Cycles
    www.lugoftheirish.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We'll be having a few different rides going.

I'm having a couple of my teammies put together different routes, including a challenging one in Southern Indiana through the "knobs". (Not for the weak!)

More info soon!

Don Walker

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will be there, closing shop for weekend, taking everyone. Should be a group of 10 or so. Can not wait.
    Sam Markovich

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sam View Post
    I will be there, closing shop for weekend, taking everyone. Should be a group of 10 or so. Can not wait.
    I expect to see all 10 of you at the NixFrixShun table. We will sing the VSalon fight song at 12 sharp. Formal dress not required.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Josh,

Gonna bring bumpy tires to play in the big 'ol cave? If we can sneak some time, I'd love to check it out.

rody
    Rody Walter
    Groovy Cycleworks...Custom frames with a dash of Funk!
    Website - www.groovycycleworks.com
    Blog - www.groovycycleworks.blogspot.com
    Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/pages/Groov...s/227115749408

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rody View Post
    Josh,

Gonna bring bumpy tires to play in the big 'ol cave? If we can sneak some time, I'd love to check it out.

rody
    I'm bringing my mtb as well for the same hope.
    Tim O'Donnell- Shamrock Cycles
    www.lugoftheirish.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hmbatrail View Post
    I'm bringing my mtb as well for the same hope.
    SWEET...will be like mountain biking in the Earths birth canal!

r
    Rody Walter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bringing a skinny tire bike for early AM endorphin loading. I only have a 29'r single speed, if there is room in the truck I'll do it. Good call.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rody View Post
    Josh,

rody

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll be coming out with Mark to play booth babe. I'll be bringing a single speed city bike with me to explore Louisville and on Monday will be checking out the underground mountain bike park (which will be open...?). Excited to explore Louisville, and start putting some faces to our customers names!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ParagonMachineWorks View Post
    I'll be coming out with Mark to play booth babe. I'll be bringing a single speed city bike with me to explore Louisville and on Monday will be checking out the underground mountain bike park (which will be open...?). Excited to explore Louisville, and start putting some faces to our customers names!
    Rody, you, me...Monday. Let's coordinate at the show. Sounds like my single speed 29'r is fine for the job. How do we carry beers?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Too Tall View Post
    Rody, you, me...Monday. Let's coordinate at the show. Sounds like my single speed 29'r is fine for the job. How do we carry beers?
    I've got three jersey pockets, and since I cannot imbibe, that's a full sixer for you :)

Now if Tim comes along, then we have an ETOH storage issue as I've seen that guy "enjoy himself".

r
    Rody Walter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Too Tall View Post
    Count me in. We might have to go straight to whiskey though...I mean we will be in Kentucky. This might be a little easier to stave off the cold weather and storage concerns. Or I guess I could just bring a backpack...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shotgun! Will be a fun time. Tim is my mentor south of the Mason Dixon line.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After NAHBS I'm scouting for a compass heading where maybe there is a VSalonista living in warmer climes who is up for some road riding miles (alot). For my part, I don't talk alot while riding, provide a terrific draft. Too Tall for lend or hire ;) Gainesville, Fl is a haul but I just might. Rural, good roads and I know routes. Not having a job or being retired would definately increase ride time ;)

Talk to the Too Tall.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

josh
    --- can't cover or keep pace with you my brother, but i'd death-me-in just to ride with ya..
    gainesville only 2+ hrs from home..
    -- on the other side of that gate.., d2r2, ballers and mt everest someday..

ronnie with heart & a smile..