Thread: 2015 Philadelphia Bike Expo

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: 2015 Philadelphia Bike Expo

Quote Originally Posted by VaughnA View Post
    Will do, I'll be the guy with the biggest grin in the place. And especially since you sponsor Shamrock;-)
    Busted...in a good way. Now I know. Lucky man.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you are a fan of vintage open wheel racing then Vaughn has a bike he wants to show you.
    Tim O'Donnell- Shamrock Cycles
    www.lugoftheirish.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The best part is Vaughn hasn't even seen the bike yet. My rule is the first time a customer sees the bike is with their own eyes and not in pics. I'm pretty sure he's going to be happy with the end result though.
    Tim O'Donnell- Shamrock Cycles
    www.lugoftheirish.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

whats the story with the morning rides? I may join you dudes if I can get myself up.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by skouri1 View Post
    whats the story with the morning rides? I may join you dudes if I can get myself up.
    Morning rides start at 7. Schedule is on the website. I'll be helping to lead the rides until we hit Manayunk Wall. Then I'm attacking all you!

Oh yeah, I'm going to the show and really looking forward to it! I'll even be talking on Sunday if you are looking for a room to take a nap in.
    www.boydcycling.com - The Handcrafted Revolution

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hmbatrail View Post
    The best part is Vaughn hasn't even seen the bike yet. My rule is the first time a customer sees the bike is with their own eyes and not in pics. I'm pretty sure he's going to be happy with the end result though.
    Not sure how I feel about that;-) I'd been snooping around the friday night picfest hoping Tim would make a mistake and show something;-) It's gonna be a LONG week.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by VaughnA View Post
    Not sure how I feel about that;-) I'd been snooping around the friday night picfest hoping Tim would make a mistake and show something;-) It's gonna be a LONG week.
    Good luck with that. I race against him, live an hour and change away and share a similar twisted sense of humor, and the best I ever got with mine was a few out of focus teaser shots of sections of the frame. Kinda like looking for complete pics of a mail order bride and only getting a shot of what looks like an ankle. But rest assured. . .you will be wearing a perma-grin once you walk in the room. Hell, I still get it when I see mine from across the room.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hotel is booked. I was on the fence but I have decided to go and I'm going to enjoy it! Looking forward to the bike show crowd of weirdos I've met over the past few years at another show and at Ballers.

The biggest decision now is which bike to bring........

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auk View Post
    Good luck with that. I race against him, live an hour and change away and share a similar twisted sense of humor, and the best I ever got with mine was a few out of focus teaser shots of sections of the frame. Kinda like looking for complete pics of a mail order bride and only getting a shot of what looks like an ankle. But rest assured. . .you will be wearing a perma-grin once you walk in the room. Hell, I still get it when I see mine from across the room.
    Yup, all I got was what I think was my fork covered in a glob of brazing flux and a couple of the seatstay ends.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So whats the head count for dinner Saturday? Places in town are on the small side so if we have more than 6-8 it will take some forethought.
    "As an homage to the EPOdays of yore- I'd find the world's last remaining pair of 40cm ergonomic drop bars.....i think everyone who ever liked those handlebars in that shape and in that width is either dead of a drug overdose, works in the Schaerbeek mattress factory now and weighs 300 pounds or is Dr. Davey Bruylandts...who for all I know is doing both of those things." - Jerk

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nahtnoj View Post
    So whats the head count for dinner Saturday? Places in town are on the small side so if we have more than 6-8 it will take some forethought.
    My plans once in PHL are going to be totally ad libitum. I'll eat when I'm hungry and drink when I'm thirsty. We'll see what happens. No definite plans at all, except I do plan to make the rides in the morning. I hope I can keep up.

My name is James Kile

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The overall exhibitor list as well as the effB list for Philly looks much more interesting than 2016 NAHBS

Maybe it's still too early for folks to commit to Sacto?

West Chester, Pennsylvania, United States
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nahtnoj View Post
    Not that I've committed to anything, but I'm out for all extracurricular activities. I'm shooting to step off the train at 9:55am on Saturday morning with a toddler in tow. Could be there for two hours, or it could be two minutes... She's full of surprises.
    Bill Showers

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any recommendations for a good place to have lunch and a beer within a short walking distance of the convention center?
    Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Beer could be an issue, but if you can't find something to eat in Reading Terminal Market...
    "As an homage to the EPOdays of yore- I'd find the world's last remaining pair of 40cm ergonomic drop bars.....i think everyone who ever liked those handlebars in that shape and in that width is either dead of a drug overdose, works in the Schaerbeek mattress factory now and weighs 300 pounds or is Dr. Davey Bruylandts...who for all I know is doing both of those things." - Jerk

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Something fun that is happening on Saturday food/drink wise is the Hawthorne's Cafe Fall Fest, if anyone is looking for after-show activities:

Events | Hawthornes Cafe

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey everyone,

I'll be under the Pactimo tent at the expo all weekend...stop by and say hi!
    I also plan to hit the 7am morning rides from the Hampton Inn both days- look for a big Ti Spectrum and a loud Pactimo kit:)
    Cheers,
    Joe

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sweet. Look for an even bigger Spectrum...that's me.
    Quote Originally Posted by J-HY View Post
    Hey everyone,

I'll be under the Pactimo tent at the expo all weekend...stop by and say hi!
    I also plan to hit the 7am morning rides from the Hampton Inn both days- look for a big Ti Spectrum and a loud Pactimo kit:)
    Cheers,
    Joe

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good ride led by Boyd, Jonathan and Josh to start the day. Riding around Philadelphia seems pretty nice. 60º in November is nice!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Went to the show today. Picked up some Sachs bottles, NFX grease and the new biodegradable lube, and saw some nice stuff. Loved Boyd wheels, Ellis, Chapman, Winter to name a few. Great Mondrian paint on a Kirk by Velocolour. Nice chatting with Josh, Dave at Silca, and Richie's and Boyd's better halves. Nice venue, good food and drink. This show keeps getting better. Much thanks to Bilenky for putting it on.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast