User Tag List

Likes Likes:  0

Thread: What spacers are included when you purchase a DUB BSA threaded bottom bracket?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default What spacers are included when you purchase a DUB BSA threaded bottom bracket?

Pretty you get two 2.5 to enable 68 or 73 bb's. But what about the 4.5 that seems to necessary for some cranks? Which cranks? Want to install on 130 rear spaced rim brake road = mullet build.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: What spacers are included when you purchase a DUB BSA threaded bottom bracket?

Quote Originally Posted by eddief View Post
    Pretty you get two 2.5 to enable 68 or 73 bb's. But what about the 4.5 that seems to necessary for some cranks? Which cranks? Want to install on 130 rear spaced rim brake road = mullet build.
    Just as a for instance, WheelsMFG lists the contents of their BB packages - https://wheelsmfg.com/bottom-bracket...nks-black.html

And here are their DUB offerings, including spacers - https://wheelsmfg.com/bottom-brackets/sram-dub.html

I'm going to move this to the tech section.
    Last edited by j44ke; 05-02-2021 at 07:14 PM.
    Jorn Ake
    poet

Flickr
    Books

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: What spacers are included when you purchase a DUB BSA threaded bottom bracket?

where's the tech section?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eddief View Post
    where's the tech section?
    https://www.velocipedesalon.com/forum/f40/

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe this will be helpful.

https://wheelsmfg.com/blog/what-is-sram-dub.html

If you have a 68mm bottom bracket shell, youíll need an external bearing bottom bracket to bring the width out to at least 86mm. The WheelsMFG external BSA bb installed in a 68mm shell sets up an overall width of 91.5mm. Any crank should have specs for spindle length. I donít see many Dub cranks online that are not SRAM (or their subsidiary TruVative.) Checking through those should give you an idea which ones will work and with what spacer(s). Obviously if you already have Dub bb of some sort youíll have to do the math with those specs. And if this isnít a 1x setup, youíll need to know if the front derailleur has enough reach for both chainrings.

Someone else will have to recommend an actual crankset that would use the 4.5mm spacer.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If a SRAM crankset need a specific spacer (there is non that I can think of) it will be included with the crank and mentionned on the documentation of the crank, not with the bottom bracket. I don't remember having seen any other spacers than the one to go from 68 to 73mm.

So my recommendation is : check the documentation of the crank you intend to buy or already have available.
    --
    T h o m a s

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How do the spacers used with a 68mm bb effect chainline, if at all? I have a XT hollowtech 2 mtb triple I want to install on a 68mm bb road bike, the plastic sleeve on the hollowtech bb is longer than the road which from what I've found on the net should work using spacers. However didn't find anything specifically regarding chainline, seems like it will move it out 2mm +-.
    Take care of yourself in this time of crisis and realize sadness, anger and grief are part of the process Brian Clare

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've said it in a different thread but I don't "get" BBs anymore. I had a Sram crankset + DUB BB on a 68mm T47 bike and it was spaced like crazy and I could not use the sleeve. I ended up getting a White Ind crank+BB which works and looks good. The DUB crankset became an upgrade to my mtn bike.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rec head View Post
    I've said it in a different thread but I don't "get" BBs anymore. I had a Sram crankset + DUB BB on a 68mm T47 bike and it was spaced like crazy and I could not use the sleeve. I ended up getting a White Ind crank+BB which works and looks good. The DUB crankset became an upgrade to my mtn bike.
    Did you have a SRAM Dub external bearing for T47 BB? Something like this one. The internal BB's for SRAM Dub in T47 BB are for frames with 86mm width shell or wider.
    Last edited by j44ke; 05-03-2021 at 02:07 PM.
    Jorn Ake
    poet

Flickr
    Books

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was doing a large Sram purchase and encouraged to get the internal. At the time it was the only T47 they had. I kinda knew it was wrong but I went with it anyway.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think they come with 2 and 4.5, but I can't remember off the top of my head. I can check tomorrow. Otherwise the spacer kit is pretty cheap, and might not be a bad buy if you are doing a weirder setup

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by j44ke View Post
    Did you have a SRAM Dub external bearing for T47 BB? Something like this one. The internal BB's for SRAM Dub in T47 BB are for frames with 86mm width shell or wider.
    dub bbs (from sram) use special slightly keyed spacers

bbs come with one or two spacers in the box, then there are a bunch of other sizes that come in a separate kit.

If you need one of the more common sizes and don't have one shops should have plenty at this point