User Tag List

Page 6 of 45 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 881

Thread: New Tool Tuesday..show some pics

  1. #101
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    no shore, mass
    Posts
    14,711
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: New Tool Tuesday..show some pics

    Quote Originally Posted by j44ke View Post
    I got tired of reassembling my ancient Shimano housing snips every time I used them, so I got a Park CN-10. Nice heavy tool with solid jaws, very sharp.

    It f+cking sucks. I could cut brake housing cleaner with a hammer and chisel. I nearly threw it out the window.

    I should have just gotten another Shimano cutter with its crappy handles and clean housing cuts.

    felco
     

  2. #102
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Lebanon, Ohio
    Posts
    277
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: New Tool Tuesday..show some pics

    New tools for me. Not for the shop. I have used other bb tools over the years. Park's always works well. Cutters and parts are easy to acquire and sharpen. I thought at one time press in headsets might disappear. Now I press as many bottom brackets as headsets.
    P1010108.jpgP1010109.jpg
     

  3. #103
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    BendOR
    Posts
    2,143
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: New Tool Tuesday..show some pics

    Quote Originally Posted by SteveP View Post
    felco
    The Knipex wire rope cutters are also a great choice.

  4. #104
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    205
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: New Tool Tuesday..show some pics

    Good morning spammer.
     

  5. #105
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    2,031
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: New Tool Tuesday..show some pics

    Quote Originally Posted by stnphoto View Post
    Good morning spammer.

    dont report it im going to buy a fake gucci watch or whatever it is hes selling
     

  6. #106
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Waynesboro VA.
    Posts
    37
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: New Tool Tuesday..show some pics

    Abbey Bike Tools Rock. Received a box of goodies today. Awesome cool tools. Got 2 Crombie tools & a Whip-it. Whip-It & Crombie to give to my son & I snuck in an extra Crombie for myself. Could not justify another chain whip for myself - I have several & a Vise Whip. After seeing Whip-It & Crombie together might have to get another whip. They literally go together perfectly. Pick up one thing & you can remove cassette without removing your skewer.
     

  7. #107
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Middle GA
    Posts
    6,703
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: New Tool Tuesday..show some pics

    Finally picked up a set of indicators for my truing stand. Built my first set of wheels with them last night (not the wheel pictured, that's a used wheel), they're very handy when you get down to those final few tweaks. I can also see them being a huge time suck if you're not careful...gotta remember those are 100ths of a millimeter. There is such a thing as good enough.

    Dustin Gaddis
    www.MiddleGaEpic.com
    Why do people feel the need to list all of their bikes in their signature?

  8. #108
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    BendOR
    Posts
    2,143
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: New Tool Tuesday..show some pics

    Made this for one of my World Tour customers. They were after a simple BB press that was light and reasonably compact. Since most of those BB's can almost be pressed in with your hand it doesn't have any extra leverage and relies on the grip of your hand. Unfortunately the tubing of the handles wasn't round enough to give a decent knurling job, but it should work as a prototype. If there's enough interest I could take these to production, probably run ~$50 all in.

    IMAG0082.jpg

  9. #109
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    5,068
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: New Tool Tuesday..show some pics

    I'd be interested.

    I'd be more interested if you could drill a hole through the handles so that leverage could be applied via a long 6 and 8mm Allen wrench. Or some rod if some sort. Like those cheap pegs that thread into axles.

    Edit--

    Good for 30mm spindles as well as Trek's BB90 and PF86/91?
     

  10. #110
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    BendOR
    Posts
    2,143
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: New Tool Tuesday..show some pics

    Quote Originally Posted by -Dustin View Post
    I'd be interested.

    I'd be more interested if you could drill a hole through the handles so that leverage could be applied via a long 6 and 8mm Allen wrench. Or some rod if some sort. Like those cheap pegs that thread into axles.

    Edit--

    Good for 30mm spindles as well as Trek's BB90 and PF86/91?
    A cross hole is definitely possible. Honestly if these go to production I'll probably make the handles out of hexagonal tubing so a wrench could be applied, but I could still cross drill them for an 8mm hex. It's got a step for 24 ID bearings and another for 30, not compatible with press fit GXP, although it could be added upon production.

  11. #111
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    North Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    456
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: New Tool Tuesday..show some pics

    I found this thread last night while searching for info on tools, I had not seen it up in the stickies prior. A wealth of info in here.

    While doing a fork swap on my bike Sunday I decided it's time to stop using a multi tool for the hex set and invest in some "lifetime" quality level tools.

    First on the list is a set of Facom T-Handles, second would be the Knipex wire rope cutters.

    Had never heard of Unior before reading it here. What is the master list of manufactures of bike specific tooling?

    Park
    Var
    Hozan
    Unior
    Shimano
    Campy
    ???
     

  12. #112
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Victoria, BC
    Posts
    367
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Cyclus, EVT, Stein, Lifu/Icetoolz, Bicycle Research...

  13. #113
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    5,068
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: New Tool Tuesday..show some pics

    Quote Originally Posted by abbeyQ View Post
    A cross hole is definitely possible. Honestly if these go to production I'll probably make the handles out of hexagonal tubing so a wrench could be applied, but I could still cross drill them for an 8mm hex. It's got a step for 24 ID bearings and another for 30, not compatible with press fit GXP, although it could be added upon production.
    I'd totally be down for that. You have access to the USAC Mechanics FB page, don't you? I just posted there looking for ideas on bearing presses. This fits well into part of what I'm looking for.
     

  14. #114
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    BendOR
    Posts
    2,143
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: New Tool Tuesday..show some pics

    http://www.velocipedesalon.com/forum...ory-35582.html

    This is the thread you are looking for. Honestly it should have a sticky, anybody listening?

    Quote Originally Posted by shirk View Post
    I found this thread last night while searching for info on tools, I had not seen it up in the stickies prior. A wealth of info in here.

    While doing a fork swap on my bike Sunday I decided it's time to stop using a multi tool for the hex set and invest in some "lifetime" quality level tools.

    First on the list is a set of Facom T-Handles, second would be the Knipex wire rope cutters.

    Had never heard of Unior before reading it here. What is the master list of manufactures of bike specific tooling?

    Park
    Var
    Hozan
    Unior
    Shimano
    Campy
    ???

  15. #115
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    DC
    Posts
    24,774
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: New Tool Tuesday..show some pics

    GAAP - Ditto. I've had that fit bike since they came out and boy howdy it makes short work of some jobs esp. mocking up TT positions and the Tri crowd in particular.

  16. #116
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    North Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    456
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: New Tool Tuesday..show some pics

    Quote Originally Posted by abbeyQ View Post
    http://www.velocipedesalon.com/forum...ory-35582.html

    This is the thread you are looking for. Honestly it should have a sticky, anybody listening?
    Thanks Abbey.

    Also I want a set of your true stand adaptors, those are slick.
     

  17. #117
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    818
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: New Tool Tuesday..show some pics

    Size cycle is good business.

    I present it as such:
    When designing a position its a shame to be limited by the adjustable range of whatever bikes happen to be on-hand. Your needs as an athlete become secondary to bike marketing, or bike shop stocking decisions, or bike shop employee guesstimates, etc... Making big changes to bikes is hard. If changes are hard- its likely we won't ever get to have those experiments. The size cycle is the only unbiased tool to help someone design a position and select a machine based on learnings.
     

  18. #118
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    BendOR
    Posts
    2,143
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: New Tool Tuesday..show some pics

    Quote Originally Posted by shirk View Post
    Thanks Abbey.

    Also I want a set of your true stand adaptors, those are slick.
    Thanks, I've only got 4-5 sets sitting on the shelf so you might not want to procrastinate.

  19. #119
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    4,439
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: New Tool Tuesday..show some pics

    Quote Originally Posted by abbeyQ View Post
    Made this for one of my World Tour customers. They were after a simple BB press that was light and reasonably compact. Since most of those BB's can almost be pressed in with your hand it doesn't have any extra leverage and relies on the grip of your hand. Unfortunately the tubing of the handles wasn't round enough to give a decent knurling job, but it should work as a prototype. If there's enough interest I could take these to production, probably run ~$50 all in.

    IMAG0082.jpg
    Cracking!

    Make it so that can cope with the most common hub bearings as well? A 10mm threaded shaft would suffice
    Andrea "Gattonero" Cattolico, head mechanic @Condor Cycles London


    "Caron, non ti crucciare:
    vuolsi coś colà dove si puote
    cị che si vuole, e più non dimandare"

  20. #120
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    1,030
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: New Tool Tuesday..show some pics

    Quote Originally Posted by abbeyQ View Post
    The Knipex wire rope cutters are also a great choice.
    Just got a pair of these. VERY nice, much better than my Park one. Only irritant is that there is no locking mechanism to keep them closed. Rubber band woks fine, but that's kludgy.
     

Similar Threads

  1. Back in the Day: show your pics
    By mimbresman in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 06-19-2017, 05:12 AM
  2. Show your tool modifications
    By Curt Goodrich in forum The Path
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 11-07-2014, 04:56 PM
  3. Derailleur alignment tool- what's in your tool box?
    By Eric Estlund in forum The Path
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 09-18-2014, 02:10 PM
  4. Some pics from the Bike Cult Show in Brooklyn
    By ergott in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 09-10-2013, 06:24 PM
  5. Tuesday Morning Lights
    By burgess1108 in forum The OT
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-04-2012, 11:33 AM

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •