User Tag List

Page 22 of 44 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223242526272829303132 ... LastLast
Results 421 to 440 of 879

Thread: New Tool Tuesday..show some pics

  1. #421
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Portland
    Posts
    1,547
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: New Tool Tuesday..show some pics

    Quote Originally Posted by abbeyQ View Post
    Attachment 79578

    If you're thinking I got these just because they are green you would be mostly correct. I also wanted to see if they lived up to the hype.
    hrm...I just bought some Wera for the same reasons
    Sean Chaney
    www.vertigocycles.com
    a peek behind the curtain

  2. #422
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    BendOR
    Posts
    2,130
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: New Tool Tuesday..show some pics

    The Wera Torx set with the ball ends are the bees knees.

  3. #423
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Willy, VIC
    Posts
    1,639
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: New Tool Tuesday..show some pics

    Quote Originally Posted by abbeyQ View Post
    I didn't come across any motors of that style that were variable speed or turned at a different speed.
    An electronic variable speed drive for that motor will cost you about $50 on Fleabay.
     

  4. #424
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Portland
    Posts
    1,547
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: New Tool Tuesday..show some pics

    Quote Originally Posted by abbeyQ View Post
    The Wera Torx set with the ball ends are the bees knees.
    I went nuts (relatively speaking) and got a set of each Metric, Imperial and Torx. Mostly because even in my tiny shop, I never have them where I need them. I'm interested to get your thoughts on the Swiss tools. I might need more L wrenches in a week or two.
    Sean Chaney
    www.vertigocycles.com
    a peek behind the curtain

  5. #425
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    62
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: New Tool Tuesday..show some pics

    New tool Tuesday a day late. Been replacing some old stuff just because. Some new Knipex stuff and a cool adjustable from Japan with narrow jaws that will fit cones and other narrow things.

    unnamed.jpgunnamed (1).jpg
    Jason Wright
    Baltimore, Maryland
    My Shop:
    servicecoursecycle.com

  6. #426
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Kingston, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    1,239
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: New Tool Tuesday..show some pics

    You just gave me a great idea to mount an adjustable in the mill to save some time and $.

    Cheers.

    M
    Matt Moore

  7. #427
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    DC
    Posts
    24,642
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: New Tool Tuesday..show some pics

    OH my, those Knipex plyers are fantastic. They are strong like moose and squirrel.

    OK Jason are you messing with us? Those are obviously a modified metric crescent wrench...Japanese adjustable LOL...

  8. #428
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    62
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: New Tool Tuesday..show some pics

    Quote Originally Posted by Too Tall View Post
    OH my, those Knipex plyers are fantastic. They are strong like moose and squirrel.

    OK Jason are you messing with us? Those are obviously a modified metric crescent wrench...Japanese adjustable LOL...
    Nope, they are legit! I had to save the box too. I've, uhhhh, modified things in the past but I had to have these.

    unnamed (2).jpg
    Jason Wright
    Baltimore, Maryland
    My Shop:
    servicecoursecycle.com

  9. #429
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    5,057
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: New Tool Tuesday..show some pics

    guy on USA Cycling Mechanic's page was taking those Knipex on the far left and machining them down to fit cones. Pretty nice. Pretty pricey. But surely dropped a bunch of weight from boxes.
    -Dustin

  10. #430
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    10
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: New Tool Tuesday..show some pics

    Quote Originally Posted by bicimechanic View Post
    New tool Tuesday a day late. Been replacing some old stuff just because. Some new Knipex stuff and a cool adjustable from Japan with narrow jaws that will fit cones and other narrow things.

    unnamed.jpgunnamed (1).jpg
    If anybody out there with a mill wanted to take a big ol' adjustable wrench and thinify like this for use on headsets, that'd be cool. All those stupid double-end headset wrenches, so you end up with a dozen each in 32 and 36. I like redundancy in moderation.
     

  11. #431
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    4,430
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: New Tool Tuesday..show some pics

    Quote Originally Posted by Too Tall View Post
    OH my, those Knipex plyers are fantastic. They are strong like moose and squirrel.

    .....
    Knipex is the way to go.

    In my toolbox I've a pair of Cobra 10" which are extremely strong, you can easily grip a cassette extractor and remove a lockring with no problem, they hold the extractor better than most adjustable spanners.
    Very soon I'll get a pair of 25 05 160, looks the stuff I need every 10 minutes
    Andrea "Gattonero" Cattolico, head mechanic @Condor Cycles London


    "Caron, non ti crucciare:
    vuolsi coś colà dove si puote
    cị che si vuole, e più non dimandare"

  12. #432
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    BendOR
    Posts
    2,130
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: New Tool Tuesday..show some pics

    Quote Originally Posted by -Dustin View Post
    guy on USA Cycling Mechanic's page was taking those Knipex on the far left and machining them down to fit cones. Pretty nice. Pretty pricey. But surely dropped a bunch of weight from boxes.
    That was Vincent or Will, they modified them to work for hub cones not so much to save weight. I've got a set on the way to modify for somebody later this week.

  13. #433
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    DC
    Posts
    24,642
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: New Tool Tuesday..show some pics

    Quote Originally Posted by abbeyQ View Post
    That was Vincent or Will, they modified them to work for hub cones not so much to save weight. I've got a set on the way to modify for somebody later this week.
    After a billion years juggling cone wrenches I'm just not ready for something "better" in that realm. (gratuitous grump or disk brake hate your choice)

  14. #434
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    OG sin city
    Posts
    1,048
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: New Tool Tuesday..show some pics

    TT on the road is different from the shop I am considering going with the modified Knipex not going to be much of a savings over my Kingsbridge wrenches but offers larger sizing than 18mm and smaller then 11.

    PB Swiss hexes are the bomb still miss my set but went with Wera so far as good but I no longer use daily so an economical decision was made. The only other hexes that ever lived up to serious daily use were some no name W. Germany , and Allen brand wrenches from the 80's.
     

  15. #435
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    BendOR
    Posts
    2,130
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: New Tool Tuesday..show some pics

    Quote Originally Posted by Too Tall View Post
    After a billion years juggling cone wrenches I'm just not ready for something "better" in that realm. (gratuitous grump or disk brake hate your choice)
    I'm interested to give them a go. Traditional cone wrenches pack pretty well and don't weigh a lot. The handles do leave a lot to be desired though. The one thing that the Knipex does solve is that you've always got the RIGHT cone wrench in your hand, which isn't insignificant.

  16. #436
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    BendOR
    Posts
    2,130
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: New Tool Tuesday..show some pics

    Quote Originally Posted by Gattonero View Post
    Knipex is the way to go.

    In my toolbox I've a pair of Cobra 10" which are extremely strong, you can easily grip a cassette extractor and remove a lockring with no problem, they hold the extractor better than most adjustable spanners.
    Very soon I'll get a pair of 25 05 160, looks the stuff I need every 10 minutes
    Why would you grab your lockring tool with a pair of pliers or adjustable wrench? This just seems like such a foreign concept to me. Then again you're in another country so maybe you do things the old fashion way over there. :)

    The Knipex needle nose you linked to are a great do all plier for bikes, good middle ground on size with strong tips.

  17. #437
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    victoria, bc
    Posts
    1,845
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: New Tool Tuesday..show some pics

    Quote Originally Posted by abbeyQ View Post
    Attachment 79578

    If you're thinking I got these just because they are green you would be mostly correct. I also wanted to see if they lived up to the hype.
    should have gone rainbow

    I love mine

    i think there is a marginal accuracy increase when you never have to think about what size the wrench is
     

  18. #438
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    4,430
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: New Tool Tuesday..show some pics

    Quote Originally Posted by abbeyQ View Post
    Why would you grab your lockring tool with a pair of pliers or adjustable wrench? This just seems like such a foreign concept to me. Then again you're in another country so maybe you do things the old fashion way over there. :)

    The Knipex needle nose you linked to are a great do all plier for bikes, good middle ground on size with strong tips.
    Oh, I do have a specific 1" and a 32mm spanner for the extractors. I've used the Knipex pliers to see how strong they could grip. They do grip strong!
    I'm actually not a big fan of adjustable spanners, I prefer to use the right tool for a given job
    Andrea "Gattonero" Cattolico, head mechanic @Condor Cycles London


    "Caron, non ti crucciare:
    vuolsi coś colà dove si puote
    cị che si vuole, e più non dimandare"

  19. #439
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    4,687
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: New Tool Tuesday..show some pics

    I just picked up some new tools from Bondhus, the Hex Pro pivoting hex and torx wrenches.



    I like them for getting in to tight spots where a ball head allen might round out the head. Plus they are super high quality.

    More pics here:
    robonza: Review: Bondhus Hex Pro Pivot Head Wrenches

    Cheers,
    -Joe

  20. #440
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    5,057
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: New Tool Tuesday..show some pics

    Quote Originally Posted by xjoex View Post
    I just picked up some new tools from Bondhus, the Hex Pro pivoting hex and torx wrenches.

    Cheers,
    -Joe
    oh wow. perfect appication for that.
    -Dustin

Similar Threads

  1. Back in the Day: show your pics
    By mimbresman in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 06-19-2017, 05:12 AM
  2. Show your tool modifications
    By Curt Goodrich in forum The Path
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 11-07-2014, 04:56 PM
  3. Derailleur alignment tool- what's in your tool box?
    By Eric Estlund in forum The Path
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 09-18-2014, 02:10 PM
  4. Some pics from the Bike Cult Show in Brooklyn
    By ergott in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 09-10-2013, 06:24 PM
  5. Tuesday Morning Lights
    By burgess1108 in forum The OT
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-04-2012, 11:33 AM

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •