Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Carbon Seat Posts - What's everyone using?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Carbon Seat Posts - What's everyone using?

I'm running an ENVE on my bike and been very happy with it. If I was going with something different, it would be the Fizik Cyrano 00. A buddy has one and it's a nice post in person.

Like Thomas, I had a Ritchey 1 bolt on a CX bike a while back and botched remount resulted in saddle movement. That's colored my perspective of them and I would go with something different.
    Nathan H

Post Thanks / Like

Mountainbikes:
    Ritchey WCS Carbon one-bolt

Roadbikes:
    Campagnolo Record carbon
    PMP carbon
    BOLD (titanium)

Post Thanks / Like

I have zero issues with the syntace p6 carbon hiflex, no slip, no creaks, easy to adjust

Post Thanks / Like

This thread's got me thinking...and I've got an itch to swap out some bits and pieces on a couple bikes.

Anyone have the 27mm setback PMP? I had a 14mm setback version and it was great and that's usually what I see in photos. I'm curios what it looks like on a bike with a saddle mounted if anyone has some photos. Product photos make the head/craddle look a little long.

Post Thanks / Like

picked up this 3T post for an incoming frame...cradle design seems solid & shape is lovely to my eye

3t-palladio-team-carbon-setback-seat-post-1.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sk_tle View Post
    I am happy with my Ritchey superlogic One-bolt on my road bike. Light, beautiful and angle is easy to adjust.

Unsuitable to off-road use though. If you botch a cross remount you are pretty sur to end up with a saddle looking either at the sky or the ground.
    I've found the one bolt posts to be awful. Hit a big enough bump, and your seat is somewhere new. The old Camp Record from the 70s is an awesome post. Solid as a continent. You can micro adjust it wherever you want it. Two bolt (for and aft) posts for me.
    Mark Walberg
    Building bike frames for fun since 1973.

Post Thanks / Like

I pulled the trigger on the PMP 27 setback Carbon Post in a 31.6 diameter.
    Had a good chat with Mike Z. yesterday and this is what we are building around.
    Tough to find, got it at Cicli Corsa in Italy.

Thanks for all of the intel on this... awesome.

Artie
    Artie Deianni

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Artie View Post
    I pulled the trigger on the PMP 27 setback Carbon Post in a 31.6 diameter.
    Had a good chat with Mike Z. yesterday and this is what we are building around.
    Tough to find, got it at Cicli Corsa in Italy.

Thanks for all of the intel on this... awesome.

Artie
    Good call.
    I've got the 14mm carbon 27.2 PMP (thanks, Strongin!) on one bike and the PMP topper on my Corsa. Other than initial setup, the only thought I've paid to them is the occasional "that is a good looking post." They do their job well.

Sort of funny - I initially read "that's what we're building around" to mean "Hey Mike, I've got this seatpost, I want you to build me a frame that will fit it."
    I've got a few seatpost clamps in a box. I guess I should put some deposits down. Might as well put those clamps to good use, eh?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by defspace View Post
    Good call.
    I've got the 14mm carbon 27.2 PMP (thanks, Strongin!) on one bike and the PMP topper on my Corsa. Other than initial setup, the only thought I've paid to them is the occasional "that is a good looking post." They do their job well.

Sort of funny - I initially read "that's what we're building around" to mean "Hey Mike, I've got this seatpost, I want you to build me a frame that will fit it."
    I've got a few seatpost clamps in a box. I guess I should put some deposits down. Might as well put those clamps to good use, eh?
    There are worse reasons to build a new bike!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by defspace View Post
    Good call.

Funny. He asked several times what seat post and saddle I plan on using... so I made the call.

I did build my Savine around a beautiful silver Chorus crankset. No joke.. it was sitting in my closet and I said "I need to build a bike around this". Came out quite nicely.
    Artie Deianni