Thread: 700x28 Road Tubeless, Summer 2019 edition

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default Re: 700x28 Road Tubeless, Summer 2019 edition

Quote Originally Posted by bigbill View Post
    Mine are Microskin TL Easy. I'm in the desert so mine have several "brown spots" which are ground off thorns. No flats.
    I'm looking forward to try the new "easy" as the old version did not always play well with some rim combos. I know I've asked this before, but what is your sealant top-off/check interval out in the desert? do you dig out old buggers or just keep adding sealant until the tire is toast? (I guess there's not much mass to the sealant once the liquid evaporates)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by giordana93 View Post
    I'm looking forward to try the new "easy" as the old version did not always play well with some rim combos. I know I've asked this before, but what is your sealant top-off/check interval out in the desert? do you dig out old buggers or just keep adding sealant until the tire is toast? (I guess there's not much mass to the sealant once the liquid evaporates)
    I've got them on DT511 and Velocity Quill rims. Both set up easy. I like the DT rims better. When I was in Texas and riding the road 6-7 days a week, it was easy, I'd wear a back tire down to the casing in six weeks, I'd never top off. The front would get an ounce every three months. Now that I'm out in the desert, I MTB as much as road riding. I do the wheel shake and listen/feel for liquid. If I don't hear anything, I add an ounce. If I don't hear anything on the MTB, I add two ounces. For boogers, I haven't really seen any issues since I changed to Orange Seal. It seems to evenly "booger" the inside of the tire. When I used Stan's, I'd get sinewy looking stuff with lumps as the sealant evaporated out. I swapped out the sealant on my gravel bike (38mm Gravel Kings) and wiped them out. I added Orange Seal which is what everyone including Garro recommends in our single digit humidity. I might unseat and look at my front tire on the Helix. I did a descent at 45 mph on Saturday and it felt a little squirrely like a tire was out of balance or wheel out of true. Wheel is true, I check for a booger.
    Weight Doper

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Colinmclelland View Post
    Thanks. Are they the "new" version though?

First there was the One. Then there was the Pro One (which i've got - also no complaints). And now there is the just released "new" Pro One that is supposedly all souplessy and tubular-feel like. Are they the ones you've got?
    I've not been able to keep the Schwalbe One product sorted except by going to the website and getting the manufacturer's model number. One Pro Pro One tubeless TL Clincher Pro Easy TL blah blah blah. And don't order from Amazon, because what arrives is almost always a surprise and not what you wanted because either they send what they have or they can't figure it out either. I buy from our local shop, pay the LBS "tax" and come out even by only having to buy it once without returns post office time waiting etc.

BTW, I think the inner-tube-required Schwalbe Ones in 28mm are great. I have Michelin Aircomp UL's in them at 70psi on Velocity A23's and that's a magic carpet IMHO. I need to find a pair of newer Campagnolo Record brakes though because I am going to kill myself getting something jammed under the brake arch on the front. Not much clearance.
    Jorn Ake
    poet

Flickr
    Books

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by j44ke View Post
    BTW, I think the inner-tube-required Schwalbe Ones in 28mm are great. I have Michelin Aircomp UL's in them at 70psi on Velocity A23's and that's a magic carpet IMHO. I need to find a pair of newer Campagnolo Record brakes though because I am going to kill myself getting something jammed under the brake arch on the front. Not much clearance.
    If you're going fast enough a rock jammed under the brake will act like a lathe. I did that on my Serotta with Mavic SSC brakes and a fat 25. It cut a groove almost down to the casing before I stopped and rolled backwards to free it. It's a bad sound. That bike is clamped in the Wahoo these days. My other bikes have good clearance.
    Weight Doper

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123