Default Nutmeg Nor'Easter

I'm thinking about this...anybody else?

Nutmeg Nor'Easter Online Registration

SPP
    My name is Peter Miller.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Nutmeg Nor'Easter

I'm registered. Hoping to make it...

Bonus is the 6A ferry gets me there in time so I don't have to drive around.
    Randy Larrison
    My amazing friends call me Shoogs.

Blog post -- I don't think the heavy stuff...

Post Thanks / Like

likely to be an all day affair ...
    Randy Larrison

Post Thanks / Like

Saturday I'm free. Anyone have a route?

Post Thanks / Like

Nutmeg Outback - Guilford, CT here is a nutmeg route , not sure if this is what the course on the day will be ,more importantly whats up this sat?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ian rutter View Post
    Nutmeg Outback - Guilford, CT here is a nutmeg route , not sure if this is what the course on the day will be ,more importantly whats up this sat?
    Should we do this or go somewhere else? I'm off Friday @ 5 until Sunday @ 12. TXT me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ian rutter View Post
    That's a route I wrote to ride up there two years ago, I'm betting it will be more mellow than that :)
    -Ben Newell

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by newellbt View Post
    That's a route I wrote to ride up there two years ago, I'm betting it will be more mellow than that :)
    noting the kilometers, i'm sure mellow is a perfect term.
    Randy Larrison

Post Thanks / Like

EMAIL went out. Posted here to give those on the fence a better idea...

hi everyone! on behalf of Martha Stewart, i would like to welcome you to this email. i will welcome you to #nutmegcountry when you get here on saturday. fun! below you will find outlined a few of the questions you might have at this moment::::

ROUTE: i am finalizing the route tomorrow, as i was only able to mark half of it today before a tubeless malfunction had me refusing to put in a tube, instead pumping every 2-3 miles until i got home. What fun! So i will send the out the route tomorrow. I can tell you that is has some pavement, some carriage road lumpers, a lot of fast dirt, a little single track, and a lot of places to eat snacks.

GROUPS: we are gonna split up into a A, B, and C groups. This will be according to how fast you wanna ride. There will even be a ride leader for the short 20 mile option. A real live local hott bod rando person like @mr_shredward and @howellybones will be leading each group. Those groups will try and stay together, with the exception of the randuro segments. For those parts we will stagger each “racer” every 30 seconds er so. Then groupo compacto, and roll along taking photos and chatting about tyre pressure. So start thinking about what category you fall under.

GPS: if you have one BRING IT! It’s very confusing out there, and even with the group thing and the markings i’ve done, it's extremely easy to get lost. No land marks, and deep dark woods. Nothing will happen to you, this is still connecticut after all , but you don't wanna accidentally end up at an outlet mall ya know? At the very MINIMUM I ask you to download ridewithgps on yer phone and import the gpx track i’ll send you tomorrow. This is very important!

RANDURO SEGMENTS: are marked beginning and end with green tape. These are timed exclusively with strava. Likely if yer gonna race, you already have strava. If you don’t have it and wanna race, download it and don’t tell yer friends. It’s ok! There are a few uphill and a few downhill segments. Some are rough, some are buff. All can be done on 42mm tyres. Some are better on 2.3-3.0. That’s randuro! We will recognize the overall winner, and the individual segment winners.

SUPPORT: this ride is self supported. Its easy enough to bail if you have a major mechanical, but don’t expect us to bail you. The best we can do is send you off in the right direction to hitchhike back to the start… or call yer mom… but bring stuff to fix flats, obvs. Spare derailleur hangers might not be a bad idea. Heck, even a spare derailleur! There are a lot of sticks on the trails right now.

FOOD: ill be flipping pancakes at the start. Its first come first serve. Service starts at 9. We will also be doing the best we can with coffee. A local roaster (ashlawn farm in lod saybrook) has given us a bunch of beans. Bring yer camp coffee stuff. Even if you dont have that stuff, maybe you have a dangle mug. Bring it.

There will be a market in chester that you can refuel at. Its small though. But its quaint. Bring enough water to get yerself there. That’s about 2-3 bottles.

There will be a sole ales pop up in the woods mid way through the ride. Here we will have complimentary pies. Pies are quaint. Joe from Sole ales will be selling a bunch of fresh brews for $3. So bring cash for that. Might even be some cedar swamp witch stout to be had.
    FINISH: at the finish my favorite guest chef will already be firing pies in the wood oven from the back of his truck. These are seriously wicked good pizzas. Yer in for a treat. There will be a vegan option, but gluten free people, yer outa luck. He’s just gonna keep banging em out in a variety of recipes, so its like a pizza buffet. We will be selling pizza buffet tickets for $15. So bring cash for that. Its the town beach, so just our your beers into yer coffee mugs or water bottles PLZ. Joe will be selling more beer there too. He will also be selling beer at the camp out.

CRUST DEMO and BIKE SWAP: there are pavilions to bring your stuff you wanna sell out and set up under. There will also be some crust bikes to ride around on. Matt and Goat from crust will be there selling used cars.

CAMP: if you can’t make it home and wanna camp saturday night, i will be leading a group to set up 7 miles away. There is a commuter lot at the train station nearby that you can leave your car safely at overnight. The camp spot cannot be driven into, so be sure you can ride your gear in on your bike. It will be dark, so bring lights.

I think that’s it for now!
    Randy Larrison

Post Thanks / Like

I'll be there, hopefully it's not too rainy.

Post Thanks / Like

Really looking forward to this!

New bar on the Ahearne (Soma Osprey), fenders and rear rack taken off (hey this things not so heavy after all).

Might even have to attach my "dangle cup" in an attempt to fit in lol.

Wonder how these guys feel about lycra...

SPP
    My name is Peter Miller.

Post Thanks / Like

Will not be there. Have fun!

Post Thanks / Like

Fun times, good to see you again Pete!
    Randy Larrison