Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 28

Thread: Middle GA Epic ver 2.0

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Middle GA
    Posts
    5,269
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Middle GA Epic ver 2.0

    The Middle GA Epic is returning to...well, middle GA, obviously. This year was the inaugural event, had about 120 registered racers, 90something folks actually started. vSalon's own Mr. Boyd Johnson rode to the win in the 100k route, finishing just as the rain started to come down, which made the race really live up to it's name for everyone still out on the route - which was most of the 100k group, and of course all of the 200k racers.

    This is THE longest mixed surface race in the state, and is a 50/50 split dirt/pavement.

    Registration opens Oct 1st, and it's limited to 200 riders. Sign up early to make sure you get a spot!

    Event details are all on the site here :: Middle Georgia Epic – Georgia's Longest Multi-Surface Race!

    Registration will be right here

    See y'all at the Goose! FYI - as of this writing, there is *one* bed in the hostel not yet booked - call them and reserve it ASAP if you want it!!









    Dustin Gaddis
    Instagram
    Southern Wheelworks: Website - Facebook

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Larkspur, CA
    Posts
    6,705
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Middle GA Epic ver 2.0

    Must figure a way to get there to do this. Love the dirt in middle and south Georgia
    ***Instagram***
    my name is Houston

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Apex, NC
    Posts
    73
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Middle GA Epic ver 2.0

    I just registered. Looks like a fun ride and will be some good motivation to try to keep some mileage during the winter months!

    DaveS
     

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Middle GA
    Posts
    5,269
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Middle GA Epic ver 2.0

    I rode the 100k route yesterday...it was tougher than expected haha. Super dry, many of the dirt roads were really soft. A few places that required walking.













    Dustin Gaddis
    Instagram
    Southern Wheelworks: Website - Facebook

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Middle GA
    Posts
    5,269
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Middle GA Epic ver 2.0

    FYI Thursday Nov 30th is the LAST DAY for early bird pricing! Registration fees go up $10 on Fri Dec 1st.

    Signing up is like voting - do it early, do it often!

    Middle Georgia Epic '18 Online Registration
    Dustin Gaddis
    Instagram
    Southern Wheelworks: Website - Facebook

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    DC
    Posts
    21,175
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Middle GA Epic ver 2.0

    "In". DD THIS year I'm self contained! I'll be there and Boyd will crush all comers. That was easy ;)

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Middle GA
    Posts
    5,269
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Middle GA Epic ver 2.0

    Quote Originally Posted by Too Tall View Post
    "In". DD THIS year I'm self contained! I'll be there and Boyd will crush all comers. That was easy ;)
    The real question is if Boyd will keep on sandbaggin' or step up to the 200k.
    Dustin Gaddis
    Instagram
    Southern Wheelworks: Website - Facebook

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    DC
    Posts
    21,175
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Middle GA Epic ver 2.0

    Quote Originally Posted by dgaddis View Post
    The real question is if Boyd will keep on sandbaggin' or step up to the 200k.
    Nah, 200k is for real (idiots) nutjobs.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Greenville, SC
    Posts
    276
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Middle GA Epic ver 2.0

    In that case, count me in for the 200k.

    Damn it, now I have to start training more than 4 hours a week!
    www.boydcycling.com - The Handcrafted Revolution

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Middle GA
    Posts
    5,269
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Middle GA Epic ver 2.0

    Quote Originally Posted by boydcycling View Post
    In that case, count me in for the 200k.

    Damn it, now I have to start training more than 4 hours a week!
    Ha, I knew calling you out in public would get it done ;-)

    See, that's the benefits of being slow - no one expects me to be fast, so there's no pressure haha.

    FYI the local GA Neurological team (the Boys & Girls In Blue as we call them) have some heavy hitters signed up already, including last year's 200k winner, he's coming back to defend his title.

    Dustin Gaddis
    Instagram
    Southern Wheelworks: Website - Facebook

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Greenville, SC
    Posts
    276
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Middle GA Epic ver 2.0

    I am going to try and bring down some guys and gals from the Carolinas as well. I have a 12 passenger sprinter now so room shouldn't be an issue.
    www.boydcycling.com - The Handcrafted Revolution

  12. #12
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    DC
    Posts
    21,175
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Middle GA Epic ver 2.0

    That's settled. I'm looking forward to the after party already!

    D.G. I'm good with Compass Bon Jon and a bad attitude yes?

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Middle GA
    Posts
    5,269
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Middle GA Epic ver 2.0

    Quote Originally Posted by Too Tall View Post
    That's settled. I'm looking forward to the after party already!

    D.G. I'm good with Compass Bon Jon and a bad attitude yes?
    Should be. May have to walk a few short sandy bits, but so will everyone who's not on a MTB.
    Dustin Gaddis
    Instagram
    Southern Wheelworks: Website - Facebook

  14. #14
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    DC
    Posts
    21,175
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Middle GA Epic ver 2.0

    Early registration at your shop than race day reg. at Blue Goose Inn > 128 E Main St, Irwinton, GA 31042.

    What time does reg. open at Blue Goose?

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Middle GA
    Posts
    5,269
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Middle GA Epic ver 2.0

    Quote Originally Posted by Too Tall View Post
    Early registration at your shop than race day reg. at Blue Goose Inn > 128 E Main St, Irwinton, GA 31042.

    What time does reg. open at Blue Goose?
    Correction - no race day registration. Last day to sign up is Friday night at my shop.

    You can check in on race day however, and that'll start at 6am @ The Blue Goose. But you need to already be registered!

    No day-of registration because race day starts so painfully early, I'll be rolling out of bed around 4ish that morning. There's just not enough time to handle all the slackers who didn't sign up early
    Last edited by dgaddis; 12-28-2017 at 12:03 PM.
    Dustin Gaddis
    Instagram
    Southern Wheelworks: Website - Facebook

  16. #16
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    DC
    Posts
    21,175
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Middle GA Epic ver 2.0

    Quote Originally Posted by dgaddis View Post
    Correction - no race day registration. Last day to sign up is Friday night at my shop.

    You can check in on race day however, and that'll start at 6am @ The Blue Goose. But you need to already be registered!

    No day-of registration because race day starts so painfully early, I'll be rolling out of bed around 4ish that morning. There's just not enough time to handle all the slackers who didn't sign up early
    Your shop address is:
    3040 Riverside Dr, Suite C1
    Macon, Georgia 31210

    What are the chances I can do this by remote rather than drive an extra 60 miles?

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Middle GA
    Posts
    5,269
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Middle GA Epic ver 2.0

    Quote Originally Posted by Too Tall View Post
    Your shop address is:
    3040 Riverside Dr, Suite C1
    Macon, Georgia 31210

    What are the chances I can do this by remote rather than drive an extra 60 miles?
    You're already registered, so you can just check in race day morning, you don't have to come to the shop Friday unless you just want to.
    Dustin Gaddis
    Instagram
    Southern Wheelworks: Website - Facebook

  18. #18
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    DC
    Posts
    21,175
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Middle GA Epic ver 2.0

    Quote Originally Posted by dgaddis View Post
    You're already registered, so you can just check in race day morning, you don't have to come to the shop Friday unless you just want to.
    Ahhh. Thanks.

    After the race Vsalon peeps drop on by for a meet and greet. I'll be near the Airstream parked on the tennis courts. If you see police lights, create a distraction and grab the beers.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    W Mass
    Posts
    8,114
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Middle GA Epic ver 2.0

    Quote Originally Posted by dgaddis View Post
    I rode the 100k route yesterday...it was tougher than expected haha. Super dry, many of the dirt roads were really soft. A few places that required walking.
    I won't re-post the photos, but heck that is the post of the year.

    Middle GA Epic ver 2.0
    Last edited by thollandpe; 12-29-2017 at 08:52 PM.
    Tödd Höllând

    Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate to buy shit we don't need. -- Tyler Durden

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Middle GA
    Posts
    5,269
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Middle GA Epic ver 2.0

    FYI - today is the very last day to register online! Middle Georgia Epic '18 Online Registration

    Your very last chance to register will be in person at the Southern Wheelworks shop on Friday from noon-9pm.
    Dustin Gaddis
    Instagram
    Southern Wheelworks: Website - Facebook

Similar Threads

  1. Middle GA Epic 2.0 - Feb 17th, 2018
    By dgaddis in forum Events
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-12-2017, 05:09 PM
  2. Middle GA Epic - Feb 18th
    By dgaddis in forum Events
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 02-18-2017, 11:07 PM
  3. Getting up in the middle of the night
    By defspace in forum Oxygen Depraved
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 06-15-2015, 08:41 AM
  4. who lives in the middle ....as there appears
    By Mike Mcdermid in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 06-10-2014, 08:14 PM
  5. It's the middle of winter and you know what I miss?
    By zank in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 01-18-2009, 12:54 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •