User Tag List

Thread: Body Wise connection 2nd annual charity 25 mile ride in Westchester- june 8th

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Body Wise connection 2nd annual charity 25 mile ride in Westchester- june 8th

A few of you know my lady- Rockin' Reba.

A few of you know she had a fight-but she is all right now.

One of the key factors to her recovery was this program- which works to help with recovery after surgery through movement. This progam literally changed Rockin' Reba's world- as it has/does many other women.

Anyways- I am volunteering at this ride. Not a ride of a particular long distance, or of much variance (it is a flat bike path)- but it is for a great cause that will go a long way in helping many women.

Below are the details from Reba herself as she sent out it out into the far reaches of the inter web-

Body Wise Connection second annual charity Bike Ride through the Westchester County Trailways.

Join us on Saturday, June 8th for either a 25 mile ride or 6 mile family ride!

As some of you know, Pilates was integral to my recovery. After several surgeries and cancer treatments it was through my work with Body Wise Connection that I was able to learn how to regain my strength and confidence in my body. My involvement with the program has grown from being a patient to now being an advocate and working with women, who like me, have gone through physical changes due to surgery and treatments. While completing my Pilates certification teaching hours, I am honored to be working with patients through our program at Northern Westchester Hospital Wellness Center. As a member of our board of directors, I am also excited to be a part of the planning process for our annual fundraiser again.

For more information and to register for the bike ride please go to http://www.bikereg.com/Net/19213

You can read more about Body Wise Connection here: Body Wise Connection | a not for profit promoting healing through movement

If you are unable to attend the event, please consider making a donation so this wonderful program may continue to give to others the same amount of hope and wellness that it has offered me.

All proceeds are tax deductible and go toward sustaining our program at Northern Westchester Hospital.

If you are interested in volunteering the day of the event, please let me know. We need ride volunteers for both the Family Ride and the Longer Social Ride.

We look forward to seeing you and look forward to another great event!
    What I am making now:7 sugars.
    Instagram: 7 sugars.

"Nothing is original. Steal from anywhere that resonates with inspiration or fuels your imagination.... Select only things to steal from that speak directly to your soul. If you do this, your work (and theft) will be authentic."
    Jim Jarmusch

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Body Wise connection 2nd annual charity 25 mile ride in Westchester- june 8th

Unfortunately, we won't be able to make this, as Ivy is running the Rockwood Ramble that morning, but I made a small donation. Too bad, as it would have been a perfect trail-a-bike ride. Sounds like a great program. All the best to Rockin' Reba!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Body Wise connection 2nd annual charity 25 mile ride in Westchester- june 8th

Quote Originally Posted by christian View Post
    Unfortunately, we won't be able to make this, as Ivy is running the Rockwood Ramble that morning, but I made a small donation. Too bad, as it would have been a perfect trail-a-bike ride. Sounds like a great program. All the best to Rockin' Reba!
    Grazie brother.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hey man...not sure i can make the ride, so i made a donation...good luck with the event!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by funcrusher View Post
    hey man...not sure i can make the ride, so i made a donation...good luck with the event!!
    Mucho grazie- hopefully you will make it to the fat tire festival...that way we can ride the fat tire again!