User Tag List

Page 233 of 247 FirstFirst ... 223224225226227228229230231232233234235236237238239240241242243 ... LastLast
Results 4,641 to 4,660 of 4931

Thread: Automobiles

  1. #4641
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    3,018
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Automobiles

    All the Subaru vehicles pictured above appear laterally-stiff and vertically-compliant.
     

  2. #4642
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    The Mitten
    Posts
    1,275
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Automobiles

    Subaru WRX STI Global Rallycross Car First Drive | Review | Car and Driver

    This ^ is an older car, they progress a lot each year. And Josh is a pretty damn quick driver.
     

  3. #4643
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    8,269
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Automobiles

    Rallycross is such a great spectacle. Too bad ARX is in such a sorry and sad state.
    --
    T h o m a s

  4. #4644
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    2,005
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Automobiles

    Quote Originally Posted by rmplum View Post
    Darren, have you had a winter on those tires? Hopefully more dirtville than snow/iceville? Those BFG A/Ts are badass and will be stellar in mud/sand/gravel, but without any sipes and winter compound rubber they could be big trouble in snow and ice.

    Just my $.02
    I ran similar tires on my Partyfinder circa late '80s / early '90s, and they were the best overall tires at the time - mud and snow, good handling, relatively quiet, and long lasting. I'm sure they've changed a lot in the past 20 years, but they were my favorites BITD.

  5. #4645
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Middle GA
    Posts
    6,972
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Automobiles

    Sweet baby Jesus the new C8R Corvette sounds amazing, can't wait to see what they've got in this thing.

    Throttle response seems pretty decent.

    (skip ahead to 40 seconds or so)

    Last edited by dgaddis; 10-08-2019 at 12:54 PM.
    Dustin Gaddis
    www.MiddleGaEpic.com
    Why do people feel the need to list all of their bikes in their signature?

  6. #4646
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    The Mitten
    Posts
    1,275
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Automobiles

    Quote Originally Posted by TTX1 View Post
    I ran similar tires on my Partyfinder circa late '80s / early '90s, and they were the best overall tires at the time - mud and snow, good handling, relatively quiet, and long lasting. I'm sure they've changed a lot in the past 20 years, but they were my favorites BITD.
    You know what, I was wrong. Just pulled those up and I'll be damned if the BFG K02s don't have a snowflake rating.

    "The top-rated tire for snow traction, along with off-road traction, is the BFGoodrich All Terrain T/A KO2. It has earned the snowflake/mountain branding on its sidewall by providing at least 10% more traction in a spinning snow tire test developed by the U.S. Rubber Manufacturers Association (RMA) and the Rubber Association of Canada (RAC) in 1999. In addition to achieving this higher snow traction rating in testing, customer surveys indicate that they are loving the BFGoodrich All Terrain T/A KO2 in winter conditions."

    I will say that in general All Terrain or Off Road tires SUCK in the snow and ice. Modern winter tires have tons of small little sipes that grab the ice. This is not something you'd want in a durable off road tire which is going to have big strong solid tread blocks with no or minimal sipes and is going to be bordeline undrivable in winter.
     

  7. #4647
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Asheville, NC
    Posts
    3,432
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Automobiles

    Look at all the Reiger porn on those Subaru's!!!
    laughter has no foreign accent.

  8. #4648
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    3,018
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Automobiles

    Audi has indicated they will produce an A6 AllRoad wagon starting in 2020.

    Pics: A6 allroad Preview | Audi USA
     

  9. #4649
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Miami, Florida
    Posts
    15,213
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Automobiles

    A little competition for the Volvo V90 Cross Country in the category of "cars that are better than SUVs in almost every way but nobody will buy".
    "I guess you're some weird relic of an obsolete age." - davids

  10. #4650
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Boston, Massachusetts, United States
    Posts
    8,436
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Automobiles

    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Strongin View Post
    A little competition for the Volvo V90 Cross Country in the category of "cars that are better than SUVs in almost every way but nobody will buy".
    And the E450 Wagon.

    These three - Audi, MB and Volvo - are my aspirational cars of choice. Well, one of them will be...
    GO!

  11. #4651
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    3,018
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Automobiles

    /\/\/\

    The terrific Mercedes-Benz E450 4Matic Wagon and the Audi A6 Allroad are "leading the pack" for me. So nice.
    Will be curious to see if they can transport bicycles with front wheels removed and secured in a fork rack.
    It would be ideal if vehicles are tall enough to not necessitate removing saddle/seatpost to travel with bicycles upright.
     

  12. #4652
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Miami, Florida
    Posts
    15,213
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Automobiles

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Jays View Post
    /\/\/\

    The terrific Mercedes-Benz E450 4Matic Wagon and the Audi A6 Allroad are "leading the pack" for me. So nice.
    Will be curious to see if they can transport bicycles with front wheels removed and secured in a fork rack.
    It would be ideal if vehicles are tall enough to not necessitate removing saddle/seatpost to travel with bicycles upright.
    We have a V90CC and even my relatively small bikes require taking the seatpost out as well as the front wheel to transport upright.
    "I guess you're some weird relic of an obsolete age." - davids

  13. #4653
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    3,018
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Automobiles

    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Strongin View Post
    "...even my relatively small bikes require taking the seatpost out as well as the front wheel to transport upright..."
    Same here. My bicycles are similarly very modest in size.
    That said, occasionally removing two seatposts to transport multiple bicycles is totally worth it.
    I would rather have the comfort and classiness of a wagon over cargo capability of a minivan.

    The reality is 99% of the time it is a single bicycle being transported within 50 miles for events.
    Any of those wagons can swallow one of my bicycles with both wheels and seatpost attached.
    My big thing is I just do not wish bicycles outside the vehicle if they can be safely placed inside...
     

  14. #4654
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Miami, Florida
    Posts
    15,213
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Automobiles

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Jays View Post
    Same here. My bicycles are similarly very modest in size.
    That said, occasionally removing two seatposts to transport multiple bicycles is totally worth it.
    I would rather have the comfort and classiness of a wagon over cargo capability of a minivan.

    The reality is 99% of the time it is a single bicycle being transported within 50 miles for events.
    Any of those wagons can swallow one of my bicycles with both wheels and seatpost attached.
    My big thing is I just do not wish bicycles outside the vehicle if they can be safely placed inside...
    I'm with you on that. I can also put down the seats in my Subaru and toss the bike in with both wheels on. Or take the wheels off and fit everything in the trunk. I used to drive around with a bike in the back of a mini cooper; with the wheels off it's pretty easy to keep bikes inside a vehicle.
    "I guess you're some weird relic of an obsolete age." - davids

  15. #4655
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Aix-en-Provence
    Posts
    10,881
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Automobiles

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Jays View Post
    Audi has indicated they will produce an A6 AllRoad wagon starting in 2020.

    Pics: A6 allroad Preview | Audi USA
    That's a nice car.
     

  16. #4656
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Boston, Massachusetts, United States
    Posts
    8,436
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Automobiles

    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Strongin View Post
    I'm with you on that. I can also put down the seats in my Subaru and toss the bike in with both wheels on. Or take the wheels off and fit everything in the trunk. I used to drive around with a bike in the back of a mini cooper; with the wheels off it's pretty easy to keep bikes inside a vehicle.
    My criterion is fitting a coupled tandem, with the front section un-coupled. Any wagon/SUV with 5 linear feet will take it on its side.

    Of course, my tiny little Fit will also take it, standing up. Or a mountain bike. Or two single bikes.

    2011-06-02 09.09.01.jpg
    GO!

  17. #4657
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    13,667
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Automobiles

    I’m not going to attempt to convince anyone to get a VW Tiguan, but mine has proven to be amazingly useful for me the cyclist. Bike goes in without taking off the front wheel and fuel economy has been a pleasant surprise. It’s “reasonable” considering the size and shape.

    As predicted, the full size sunroof has proven to be a point of moisture ingress. It is possible that future car purchases will be predicated on my ability to order a car without one.

    Anyway, I wish Audi would offer their A6 Avant without the pretense of “off-road” ability. Let’s be honest, that’s not what most wagon owners want and it compromises road manners. At least MB and Volvo don’t pretend theirs can do extreme conditions like gravel roads.....
    La Cheeserie!

  18. #4658
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Mertztown, PA
    Posts
    4,330
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Automobiles

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Jays View Post
    Audi has indicated they will produce an A6 AllRoad wagon starting in 2020.

    Pics: A6 allroad Preview | Audi USA
    They had to wait 20 years for all their customers to forget how horrific the first one was?
    "As an homage to the EPOdays of yore- I'd find the world's last remaining pair of 40cm ergonomic drop bars.....i think everyone who ever liked those handlebars in that shape and in that width is either dead of a drug overdose, works in the Schaerbeek mattress factory now and weighs 300 pounds or is Dr. Davey Bruylandts...who for all I know is doing both of those things." - Jerk

  19. #4659
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Mertztown, PA
    Posts
    4,330
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Automobiles

    I ride an 81cm saddle height, and I can barely fit my bikes into a frickin' full size SUV with the post in and the front wheel off.

    Minivans...
    "As an homage to the EPOdays of yore- I'd find the world's last remaining pair of 40cm ergonomic drop bars.....i think everyone who ever liked those handlebars in that shape and in that width is either dead of a drug overdose, works in the Schaerbeek mattress factory now and weighs 300 pounds or is Dr. Davey Bruylandts...who for all I know is doing both of those things." - Jerk

  20. #4660
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Mertztown, PA
    Posts
    4,330
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Automobiles

    Quote Originally Posted by Saab2000 View Post

    Anyway, I wish Audi would offer their A6 Avant without the pretense of “off-road” ability. Let’s be honest, that’s not what most wagon owners want and it compromises road manners. At least MB and Volvo don’t pretend theirs can do extreme conditions like gravel roads.....
    This one probably doesn't have off road ability - just body cladding.

    The old one truly did have off road ability, with the air suspension up it had more ground clearance and wheel travel than most SUVs at the time. It also had off-road ability in the sense that it was typically parked behind the dealership awaiting warranty work...
    "As an homage to the EPOdays of yore- I'd find the world's last remaining pair of 40cm ergonomic drop bars.....i think everyone who ever liked those handlebars in that shape and in that width is either dead of a drug overdose, works in the Schaerbeek mattress factory now and weighs 300 pounds or is Dr. Davey Bruylandts...who for all I know is doing both of those things." - Jerk

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •