User Tag List

Page 218 of 224 FirstFirst ... 208209210211212213214215216217218219220221222223224 LastLast
Results 4,341 to 4,360 of 4461

Thread: Automobiles

  1. #4341
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    DC
    Posts
    24,413
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Automobiles

    Quote Originally Posted by rmplum View Post
    I dunno. People who know, know. It could use a little more ear sauce I suppose - but I'd rather sound less fast than I am than the other way 'round.

    Some dude in a AMG GLA45 tried REALLY hard to race me the other night when I was out running some errands. It was dark and he picked me right out.
    Gotcha and mostly agree. I was kidding about the servo. Mercedes make some very nice hot rods ;)

  2. #4342
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,587
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Automobiles

    Saw a nice 58-60ish white Corvette convertible on the way home tonight. Top down, ran like stink. Seriously, like stink. Sounded good but it had to be putting a quarter to a half of the gas right out the pipe unburnt. Too bad, cosmetically beautiful.
     

  3. #4343
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,587
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Automobiles

    So Lionel, you weren't getting groceries at the local store here in Schenectady this weekend, were you? I should have snapped a pic of the quite attractive Porsche parked there - it stood out a bit because my eight year old Volvo hatchback is often the best car in the lot. The store isn't exactly the kind of place somebody with a $150k supercar normally comes for their grub. If it was you, you can thank me for taking the cart out of the parking spot right in front of it and upwind. It was breezy and that cart had intentions for the gleaming white paint.
     

  4. #4344
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Middle GA
    Posts
    6,629
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Automobiles

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    Saw a nice 58-60ish white Corvette convertible on the way home tonight. Top down, ran like stink. Seriously, like stink. Sounded good but it had to be putting a quarter to a half of the gas right out the pipe unburnt. Too bad, cosmetically beautiful.
    Went to a car show at the Year One HQ a few weeks ago and there was a beautiful restomod '58 Corvette. Black exterior, red interior with some modern stuff in it, but extremely well integrated, and an LS under the hood. Gorgeous car.
    Dustin Gaddis
    www.MiddleGaEpic.com
    Why do people feel the need to list all of their bikes in their signature?

  5. #4345
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The Pacific Midwest
    Posts
    4,480
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Automobiles



    Spotted Saturday morning on my regular ride route...boy was this clean.
    rw saunders
    everything is connected

  6. #4346
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Aix-en-Provence
    Posts
    10,324
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Automobiles

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    So Lionel, you weren't getting groceries at the local store here in Schenectady this weekend, were you? I should have snapped a pic of the quite attractive Porsche parked there - it stood out a bit because my eight year old Volvo hatchback is often the best car in the lot. The store isn't exactly the kind of place somebody with a $150k supercar normally comes for their grub. If it was you, you can thank me for taking the cart out of the parking spot right in front of it and upwind. It was breezy and that cart had intentions for the gleaming white paint.
    Nope, been hanging in France for 10 days. Missing the car!
     

  7. #4347
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    4,376
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Automobiles

    Quote Originally Posted by rwsaunders View Post
    Spotted Saturday morning on my regular ride route...boy was this clean.
    Logged in to like this! Saw a lady driving a much more worn version the other week, while talking on a vintage car phone that plugged into the dash. I was too in awe of her time-traveling skills to be upset about her distracted driving.
    Dan Fuller, local bicycle enthusiast

  8. #4348
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    14,826
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Automobiles

    The Vanagon looks like it might have a coolant leak, if this is a water-cooled model. Radiator is in the front and long coolant lines run from the engine in back. Or a leftover oil stain from something else.
    Jorn Ake
    poet

    Flickr
    Books

  9. #4349
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    North Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    456
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Automobiles

    It's a Vanagon, it's going to be leaking something from somewhere.
    Brian Earle
    North Vancouver, BC
    Built a few frames in my garage.

  10. #4350
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    14,826
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Automobiles

    Quote Originally Posted by shirk View Post
    It's a Vanagon, it's going to be leaking something from somewhere.
    This is true.
    Jorn Ake
    poet

    Flickr
    Books

  11. #4351
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Asheville, NC
    Posts
    3,457
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Automobiles

    #fiestafrustrations . I've been working with the local Ford dealer for a few weeks now on finding a white, no sunroof, manual Fiesta...to make a long story short they can't source one anywhere. I found a pile of them out in Carlsbad CA but they won't negotiate and want $1700 for freight. In my searches I also found a brand new 2017 ST out there (I think I'd rather the 4-cylinder 1.6 to the 3-banger 1.5 in '18s & '19s) but they want more for it than my local guys want for a 2019 so I think I'm about ready to give up on the Fiesta idea all together.

    Why is it so damn hard to find manuals anymore!?!
    laughter has no foreign accent.

  12. #4352
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Boston area
    Posts
    378
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Automobiles

    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Musgrave View Post
    #fiestafrustrations . I've been working with the local Ford dealer for a few weeks now on finding a white, no sunroof, manual Fiesta...to make a long story short they can't source one anywhere. I found a pile of them out in Carlsbad CA but they won't negotiate and want $1700 for freight. In my searches I also found a brand new 2017 ST out there (I think I'd rather the 4-cylinder 1.6 to the 3-banger 1.5 in '18s & '19s) but they want more for it than my local guys want for a 2019 so I think I'm about ready to give up on the Fiesta idea all together.

    Why is it so damn hard to find manuals anymore!?!
    Your looking for the wrong car

    Porsche Audi Volkswagen of Asheville

    Autotrader - page unavailable
     

  13. #4353
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Miami, Florida
    Posts
    13,539
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Automobiles

    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Musgrave View Post
    #fiestafrustrations . I've been working with the local Ford dealer for a few weeks now on finding a white, no sunroof, manual Fiesta...to make a long story short they can't source one anywhere. I found a pile of them out in Carlsbad CA but they won't negotiate and want $1700 for freight. In my searches I also found a brand new 2017 ST out there (I think I'd rather the 4-cylinder 1.6 to the 3-banger 1.5 in '18s & '19s) but they want more for it than my local guys want for a 2019 so I think I'm about ready to give up on the Fiesta idea all together.

    Why is it so damn hard to find manuals anymore!?!
    Alternatively, you could fly out to Carlsbad, drive to Del Mar, visit Craig and Jeff, order a Gaulzetti Interclub, buy the Fiesta, and road trip home. It'd be the most expensive Fiesta deal you could find, but you'd also have an Interclub and a great story.

    #manuals4eva
     

  14. #4354
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    4,258
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Automobiles

    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Musgrave View Post
    #fiestafrustrations . I've been working with the local Ford dealer for a few weeks now on finding a white, no sunroof, manual Fiesta...to make a long story short they can't source one anywhere. I found a pile of them out in Carlsbad CA but they won't negotiate and want $1700 for freight. In my searches I also found a brand new 2017 ST out there (I think I'd rather the 4-cylinder 1.6 to the 3-banger 1.5 in '18s & '19s) but they want more for it than my local guys want for a 2019 so I think I'm about ready to give up on the Fiesta idea all together.

    Why is it so damn hard to find manuals anymore!?!
    i still don't understand why you would want a new base model fiesta. you'd mentioned earlier doing some suspension modifications to it- and it just seems like throwing a bunch of money away- especially when for the same money you could walk into a Carmax and get a used car that is significantly better in every way.

    what's the draw of a brand new fiesta? why not get an ST? a new '17 SHOULD be the same price as a new '19 base model and it's actually a peppy car that isn't going to make you hate driving and hate your car.
    bamboo, aluminum, wood.

    My name is Craig Gaulzetti.

    www.summercycles.com

    www.gaulzetti.co

  15. #4355
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Asheville, NC
    Posts
    3,457
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Automobiles

    Quote Originally Posted by jerk View Post
    i still don't understand why you would want a new base model fiesta. you'd mentioned earlier doing some suspension modifications to it- and it just seems like throwing a bunch of money away- especially when for the same money you could walk into a Carmax and get a used car that is significantly better in every way.

    what's the draw of a brand new fiesta? why not get an ST? a new '17 SHOULD be the same price as a new '19 base model and it's actually a peppy car that isn't going to make you hate driving and hate your car.
    Agreed, the 17 and 19 STs should cost the same - I do not think I should have to pay $2k more for the 17 than a 19 though.

    As far as the attraction to the base model goes...the short answer is #becauserallycar . I have always been interested in stage-rally and the Fiesta is the 'it' car for fwd classes at the moment. Over and over again you read on the forums/ig "these things are unbelievably fast on stage" etc. Most of the go-fast bits on the ST would be replaced (wasted) during stage-rally conversion anyway...

    So my plan is skid plate, ST brake conversion, some Bilstein B8's and start with local rallycross...and overtime cherry pick towards a full R2-spec conversion.

    It might not be the smartest plan - but it's my plan and it makes me happy thinking about it and it's either that or snag a NB and start building a track car...
    laughter has no foreign accent.

  16. #4356
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Mertztown, PA
    Posts
    4,261
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Automobiles

    Would it be easier to find in a color other than white?
     

  17. #4357
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    DC
    Posts
    24,413
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Automobiles

    Rally cross is so appealing for alot of reasons, I get it. I've done enough autocross that I'm getting a little bored with it. The skills are real and it is ever worthwhile to hone your car rotation skills so yeah rah for that but man I've got the wrong car for doing REALLY fast and that's beginning to bug me.
    Rally Cross OTOH looks like I could buy a POS and have just as much fun if not more and I'd never want a "better" car than what J.M. describes.
    Could be a thing ;)

  18. #4358
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    2,562
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Automobiles

    On going series, the cars of Elizabeth Street.

     

  19. #4359
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    DC
    Posts
    24,413
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Automobiles

    Oy,,that Ford is dead sexy.

  20. #4360
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    4,258
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Automobiles

    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Musgrave View Post
    Agreed, the 17 and 19 STs should cost the same - I do not think I should have to pay $2k more for the 17 than a 19 though.

    As far as the attraction to the base model goes...the short answer is #becauserallycar . I have always been interested in stage-rally and the Fiesta is the 'it' car for fwd classes at the moment. Over and over again you read on the forums/ig "these things are unbelievably fast on stage" etc. Most of the go-fast bits on the ST would be replaced (wasted) during stage-rally conversion anyway...

    So my plan is skid plate, ST brake conversion, some Bilstein B8's and start with local rallycross...and overtime cherry pick towards a full R2-spec conversion.

    It might not be the smartest plan - but it's my plan and it makes me happy thinking about it and it's either that or snag a NB and start building a track car...
    got it. i didn't know the the ST and the base shared the same engine. understood now!
    bamboo, aluminum, wood.

    My name is Craig Gaulzetti.

    www.summercycles.com

    www.gaulzetti.co

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •