Page 160 of 160 FirstFirst ... 150151152153154155156157158159160
Results 3,181 to 3,188 of 3188

Thread: Automobiles

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Automobiles

Saab...fly on down to PIT and you can borrow my 2001 A6 Avant for a while. It only has 185,500 mi on the odometer so it’s still being broken in. No acceleration to speak of but it likes to travel the PA Turnpike at a good clip. davids...I want your TSX wagon.

The statement that wagons hold their value is so true as there are limited numbers produced for us wagon nerds. I too picked up my Avant as a 3-year lease return and I found it 400 miles away on the Audi certified website.
    rw saunders
    everything is connected

Post Thanks / Like

did i miss something upthread? what's wrong with the GTI?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AngryScientist View Post
    what's wrong with the GTI?
    It’s 12 years old and showing signs of age.
    La Cheeserie!

Eastern Vermont, White River Junction-Hanover, NH area
    Post Thanks / Like

This seems like a very knowledgeable, experienced group of not just owners of nice bikes, but of nice cars. So here's a question: what do you know about BMW 328i xDrive wagons, specifically a 6mt 6cyl 2012 version? A sporty MT AWD wagon seems to be an obsession of mine lately. My 2014 VW JSW 2.5L 5MT is quite adequate, so this is a bit of an irrational interest in a more robust AWD version, but with more age and more mileage on the odometer. Am I nuts? The inline 6 is outdated, but seems more reliable that the newer turbo 4. Car I'm looking at has 70000 miles on it, but I keep seeing these cars with >150K, so this one seems to have some life left in it.

Any comments on your experiences with Bimmers? I've owned a Saab and VWs, along with Mazda and Toyotas, but never a high end car like a BMW.

Post Thanks / Like

AWD versions of regular wagons aren't "more robust". If anything they can only be less reliable with more transmission parts.

Don't know about modern Awd BMWs but back in the day (BMW e30 era) the awd version were nice for people living in mountains and places seeing regular snow but the handling was much less enjoyable than the rwd versions. Something probably related to weight balance and differentials.
    --
    T h o m a s

Post Thanks / Like

Getting ready to let this one go. Makes me sad but it is time. First new car I ever purchased and only car I ever ordered.

VpdrMCVl.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by thomas View Post
    This seems like a very knowledgeable, experienced group of not just owners of nice bikes, but of nice cars. So here's a question: what do you know about BMW 328i xDrive wagons, specifically a 6mt 6cyl 2012 version? A sporty MT AWD wagon seems to be an obsession of mine lately. My 2014 VW JSW 2.5L 5MT is quite adequate, so this is a bit of an irrational interest in a more robust AWD version, but with more age and more mileage on the odometer. Am I nuts? The inline 6 is outdated, but seems more reliable that the newer turbo 4. Car I'm looking at has 70000 miles on it, but I keep seeing these cars with >150K, so this one seems to have some life left in it.

Any comments on your experiences with Bimmers? I've owned a Saab and VWs, along with Mazda and Toyotas, but never a high end car like a BMW.
    Good car and that engine is good.

Post Thanks / Like

I have one, and it is a nice upgrade from the JSW in most ways. Drives well and handles snow well, comfortable seats and decent power. They are heavy, not very big inside and I get ~20mpg in mixed driving. The n52 inline 6 is reasonably reliable but maintenance isn't cheap or optional but not horrible DIY, that said it has been cheaper than the B5 passat I had so far but is lower miles. All in I really like the car on backroads and the highway and it meets most of my needs well.

Quote Originally Posted by thomas View Post