User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Would you take the C-19 antibody test if it were available to you at no cost?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Would you take the C-19 antibody test if it were available to you at no cost?

Quote Originally Posted by zambenini View Post
    I took one. Sad to fail. :( But, yeah, like others have pointed out, doesn't mean I didn't have COVID, just that I don't have antibodies, according to that test.
    The skinny I'm getting from docs at NIH is that titers for COVID19 antibodies increase over time not decrease or poof go away. That is a lovely piece of info. which I was not aware of until yesterday. In light of this, if you take an antibody test for COVID19 and test negative it is even more likely you were never exposed to the virus than a faulty or false negative. Anywho that's my take at the moment. Check back in an hr. ;)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Would you take the C-19 antibody test if it were available to you at no cost?

Quote Originally Posted by Will Neide View Post
    I may have missed it, but were you a known positive? If not, then you are highly unlikely to have had COVID19. As an example from an unpublished study. 80 known positive patients were tested on an IgG assay from company X and 78 came back positive for IgG. The 2 negatives were asymptomatic.

Within "clinical lab scientist" private forums, we are seeing that, fortunately, a vast majority of the population has not been exposed.

Also, some of the small rapid antibody tests designed for small office or clinic use appear to be very inaccurate. However, most of the major players with large scale testing are very very accurate (not mentioning names).

To answer the OP, I have access and haven't gotten tested yet. I've seen enough data to suggest that it's highly unlikely that I had COVID19 in the last few months. I even had a mystery illness back in February with fever, chills, nausea, AND tested negative on a respiratory panel. If I did find out that I was in the minority and tested positive, I'm not quite sure how I would handle that information.
    Yes, funny how now more comprehensive testing and studies are being released, the % of people infected has declined. The crazy politically motivated results we saw earlier in the shutdown seem to be finally discredited. I haven't seen a follow-up to the 14% if pregnant women in NY testing positive. That I tend to believe, but then again NY has highest infection rates, so not impossible.

I've seen some report on Sweden still being far away from herd immunity with only like 7% of population having antibodies.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12