User Tag List

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: Was There Just a Coup in the US?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default Re: Was There Just a Coup in the US?

This is an awful amount of collateral damage. For what, so that he can say that a woman didn't get the better of him?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Andrevich4 View Post
    Great talk folks. I really appreciate that the community can share opinions and go back and forth like this.

Serious question: was there ever a similar thread with as much back and forth to discuss any other political issue before 2016?
    YES, many. But they always end the same way. Silly people take over the conversation with naive political sloganeering and drowned out opposing viewpoints.
    Glenn Thompson
    http://Daltex.bike

"More Frame, less Seatpost"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Daltex View Post
    YES, many. But they always end the same way. Silly people take over the conversation with naive political sloganeering and drowned out opposing viewpoints.
    I'm all about different viewpoints. I just want everyone to be able to defend their POV with intellectual honesty and being able to think critically about their own views and those of others. I've learned a lot from folks whose worldview might be different from my own. And civility is always a requirement to a good discussion.

I'd rather abandon labels that force us into our corners and take each issue on its own merits. Siding with one party or another sometimes makes us into something we're not. I'm "liberal" (a label I dislike) on some things and less liberal on others. I even side with traditional conservatives on some issues.
    Last edited by Saab2000; 4 Days Ago at 05:10 PM.
    La Cheeserie!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Saab2000 View Post
    I'm all about different viewpoints. I just want everyone to be able to defend their POV with intellectual honesty and being able to think critically about their own views and those of others. I've learned a lot from folks whose worldview might be different from my own. And civility is always a requirement to a good discussion.

I'd rather abandon labels that force us into our corners and take each issue on its own merits. Siding with one party or another sometimes makes us into something we're not. I'm "liberal" (a label I dislike) on some things and less liberal on others. I even side with traditional conservatives on some issues.
    From your mouth to god's ear. I love when these discussions are at their best, that's when I learn the most. My opinion is that these discussions are at the best when all opinions are entertained. Sometimes at the end of these conversations some good folks will post comments that, in my opinion, are designed to end the discussion OR 'win' the discussion OR simply to seek agreement from other like minded individuals. That's when i usually consider a discussion has ended.
    Glenn Thompson
    http://Daltex.bike

"More Frame, less Seatpost"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Texas land grab: How the federal government abused its power to seize property for the border fence | The Texas Tribune

A investigation by the Texas Trib on earlier 2006 use of eminent domain to build some border wall.