User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 33 of 33

Thread: Tattoos -- You won't regret that tattoo

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Larkspur, CA
    Posts
    7,795
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Tattoos -- You won't regret that tattoo

    Quote Originally Posted by jscottyk View Post
    And start by care in consideration by Katja Ramirez at Rock of Ages in Austin.

    This was finished back in the fall.
    Attachment 81522
    Katja is the $hit. One of my buddies has had work done on him by her.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    1,783
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Tattoos -- You won't regret that tattoo

    Quote Originally Posted by joosttx View Post
    Katja is the $hit. One of my buddies has had work done on him by her.
    Truly a Master. She is a damn fine artist regardless of the media. And her technical skills are top notch. I plan on having her do the other sleeve later this year.
     

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,261
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Tattoos -- You won't regret that tattoo

    Katja is really nice too, chatted with her a few times while I was getting tattooed when she was still at Perfection...
    yes, her work is awesome.
     

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    1,783
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Tattoos -- You won't regret that tattoo

    Quote Originally Posted by Cookietruck View Post
    Katja is really nice too, chatted with her a few times while I was getting tattooed when she was still at Perfection...
    yes, her work is awesome.
    Totally agree. Super nice.

    Cookietruck, do you have work from Chris Trevino?
     

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,261
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Tattoos -- You won't regret that tattoo

    Quote Originally Posted by jscottyk View Post
    Totally agree. Super nice.

    Cookietruck, do you have work from Chris Trevino?
    i don't have any from Chris yet, i have some small ones from Bob (from flash) and i got tattooed alot by a different guy (Jaie) that used to work there.
    i have been in there a few times and had an opportunity to sit for Chris but i'm always low on the tattoo funds when that happens.
     

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    346
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Tattoos -- You won't regret that tattoo

    I know I won't be regretting this one, Umberto Boccioni / Ran the Ruiner collaboration.

    IMG_20150124_160513.jpg

    Bell by Jed.

    Itching for some more.

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Slummerville, MA
    Posts
    665
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Tattoos -- You won't regret that tattoo

    ^that....is so awesome
    i really want that
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinclair View Post
    Give up cycling, keep riding the bike.

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    1,476
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Tattoos -- You won't regret that tattoo

    Do you guys think Dario Pegoretti would design tattoos you would go for, or is bike art too far removed from what looks good on skin?
     

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,726
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Tattoos -- You won't regret that tattoo

    Re: Dario

    There's quite a bit of abstract tat stuff out there (at least that's what I think of when you say Dario).

    It all depends on what you're looking for...

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,261
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Tattoos -- You won't regret that tattoo

    Quote Originally Posted by ericpmoss View Post
    Do you guys think Dario Pegoretti would design tattoos you would go for, or is bike art too far removed from what looks good on skin?
    with tattoo's you are usually best off finding an artist that does stuff you like and then letting them do their thing
    if you look through their portfolio and don't connect with anything then it's best to keep looking

    it's common to bring in reference material
    it's also common to let the artist adjust stuff so that it works out to be a nice tattoo
    though, some artists don't care and will do anything just to get work...while other artists will politely (or maybe not so politely) tell you that another artist would be better to do that work for you...
     

  11. #31
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    1,783
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cookietruck View Post
    with tattoo's you are usually best off finding an artist that does stuff you like and then letting them do their thing if you look through their portfolio and don't connect with anything then it's best to keep looking it's common to bring in reference material it's also common to let the artist adjust stuff so that it works out to be a nice tattoo though, some artists don't care and will do anything just to get work...while other artists will politely (or maybe not so politely) tell you that another artist would be better to do that work for you...
    ^^ Truth
     

  12. #32
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    1,476
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Tattoos -- You won't regret that tattoo

    Here's something fun (and new?): https://vimeo.com/channels/staffpicks/143296099
     

  13. #33
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The Pacific Midwest
    Posts
    4,663
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Tattoos -- You won't regret that tattoo

    Interesting article in the BBC today...non-machine made Japanese tattoos.

    Tattoos in Japan: The eye-watering art thousands cross the world for Tattoos in Japan: The eye-watering art thousands cross the world for - BBC News
    rw saunders
    everything is connected

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Bikes you had that you regret selling...let's see some pics
    By Wayne77 in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 158
    Last Post: 05-18-2019, 07:31 PM
  2. Stupid cycling purchases that you regret?
    By roseyscot in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 190
    Last Post: 08-21-2013, 11:25 PM
  3. bike tattoo
    By fvracer72 in forum The OT
    Replies: 93
    Last Post: 05-22-2013, 05:05 PM
  4. My biggest NAHBS regret
    By hmbatrail in forum Framebuilder Events
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-15-2012, 08:34 PM

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •