User Tag List

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920
Results 381 to 397 of 397

Thread: REI places "HOLD" on brands owned by gun manufacturer Vista

  1. #381
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Western MA
    Posts
    2,284
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: REI places "HOLD" on brands owned by gun manufacturer Vista

    Quote Originally Posted by XR2 View Post
    A two way street.

    NORTH HAVEN, CT – O.F. Mossberg & Sons, Inc., a leading American firearms manufacturer, announced today its decision to discontinue selling products to Dick’s Sporting Goods, and its subsidiary, Field & Stream, in response to their hiring of gun control lobbyists in April 2018.

    Effective immediately, O.F. Mossberg & Sons will not accept any future orders from Dick’s Sporting Goods or Field & Stream, and is in the process of evaluating current contractual agreements.

    “It has come to our attention that Dick’s Sporting Goods recently hired lobbyists on Capitol Hill to promote additional gun control.” said Iver Mossberg, Chief Executive Officer of O.F. Mossberg & Sons. “Make no mistake, Mossberg is a staunch supporter of the U.S. Constitution and our Second Amendment rights, and we fully disagree with Dick’s Sporting Goods’ recent anti-Second Amendment actions.”

    Consumers are urged to visit one of the thousands of pro-Second Amendment firearm retailers to make their purchases of Mossberg and Maverick® firearms. Firearm retailers can be found through the Mossberg Dealer Locator by visiting Dealers | O.F. Mossberg & Sons.
    they were the Edsel of firearms anyway
     

  2. #382
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Back in the hills.......
    Posts
    358
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: REI places "HOLD" on brands owned by gun manufacturer Vista

    14 million people are NRA members. 100 million + Americans own firearms. And some are coming for the guns. No getting around the truth of either side.

    Have you written your representatives (state and federal) and told them of your wishes? Are you currently aware (no fair using google) of HR 5087? Do you agree/disagree? Lets talk about reasonable action here and shelve the "but your side....." invective.

    To be honest I have owned firearms since age 5 (currently 59) and have yet to shoot anyone. Until the Vegas incident I'd never heard of a bump stock. We're not all militia members and radicals. Good thing too cause there are a lot of us. Us being responsible firearms owners who act just as those who shun ownership. All Muslims aren't terrorists,right? Well.............
     

  3. #383
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    W Mass
    Posts
    10,087
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default Re: REI places "HOLD" on brands owned by gun manufacturer Vista

    Quote Originally Posted by XR2 View Post
    And some are coming for the guns. No getting around the truth of either side.
    If you think that HR 5087 means people are coming for your guns, I disagree. Yes it seeks to ban the manufacture and sale of pistols that hold more than 10 rounds, shotguns that hold more than 5 rounds, and rifles with a detachable clip that also have features like telescoping stocks or grenade launchers. That's not a comprehensive list but sorry, I went and googled it.

    Even if you believe in the slimmest of chances that this bill will ever see the light of day, it would not require gun owners to give up any guns that were legally purchased before the ban. They are not coming for your guns.

    Meanwhile in Oklahoma, the bill to allow carrying weapons without a permit passed, and the governor vetoed it. Thankfully.
    Tee Aitch

    Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring. -- Desmond Tutu

  4. #384
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    W Mass
    Posts
    10,087
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default Re: REI places "HOLD" on brands owned by gun manufacturer Vista

    Quote Originally Posted by ides1056 View Post
    they were the Edsel of firearms anyway
    And what of the Mossberg bikes? Early adopters of carbon fiber.

    Tee Aitch

    Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring. -- Desmond Tutu

  5. #385
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Back in the hills.......
    Posts
    358
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: REI places "HOLD" on brands owned by gun manufacturer Vista

    Quote Originally Posted by thollandpe View Post
    If you think that HR 5087 means people are coming for your guns, I disagree. Yes it seeks to ban the manufacture and sale of pistols that hold more than 10 rounds, shotguns that hold more than 5 rounds, and rifles with a detachable clip that also have features like telescoping stocks or grenade launchers. That's not a comprehensive list but sorry, I went and googled it.

    Even if you believe in the slimmest of chances that this bill will ever see the light of day, it would not require gun owners to give up any guns that were legally purchased before the ban. They are not coming for your guns.

    Meanwhile in Oklahoma, the bill to allow carrying weapons without a permit passed, and the governor vetoed it. Thankfully.
    I neither implied nor said 5087 meant giving up firearms. Nor should you infer I believe that. I said there are those who would ban public ownership of firearms. Period. And there are.

    Were you aware of HR5087 before looking? Have you written your representatives concerning your wishes? Or are you content to argue online?

    I live in a state where I can carry sans permit. Concealed or open carry. I choose not to as do the overwhelming majority of firearms owners. If you feel the need to carry daily perhaps a constructive review of your lifestyle is in order.

    Now can we carry on a practical discussion of what should be done? Or drone on with the same ol' shit in which case I'll decline.
     

  6. #386
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Concord, NH
    Posts
    1,884
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: REI places "HOLD" on brands owned by gun manufacturer Vista

    Quote Originally Posted by XR2 View Post
    I neither implied nor said 5087 meant giving up firearms. Nor should you infer I believe that. I said there are those who would ban public ownership of firearms. Period. And there are.

    Were you aware of HR5087 before looking? Have you written your representatives concerning your wishes? Or are you content to argue online?

    I live in a state where I can carry sans permit. Concealed or open carry. I choose not to as do the overwhelming majority of firearms owners. If you feel the need to carry daily perhaps a constructive review of your lifestyle is in order.

    Now can we carry on a practical discussion of what should be done? Or drone on with the same ol' shit in which case I'll decline.
    Yes, there are people who would ban public ownership of guns. There are people who believe in various fringe causes not supported by the vast majority of the populace (and would never, ever be seriously successfully legislated, at least on a national scale) and a common way to leverage public opinion is to point to these fringe beliefs in an effort to make everyone think that it's going to happen, and soon, in order to muster political support. On both "sides" with various sociopolitical issues.
    Experience-based, I know, but even here in the liberal northeast I am only aware of one individual who believes that the public should not own firearms. And even he does not believe that it should be illegal, just doesn't believe in the general premise.

    I do absolutely agree with you that the vast majority of firearms owners have nuanced sociopolitical leanings that make homogenization difficult. But I do believe that the NRA has done a fabulous job at equating measures that are commonsense (to me at least) with jackbooted thugs coming to strip you of your freedoms.

    I think that there has been some reasonable (again, that's such a loaded word, at least from my perspective) discussion here about what should be done. A lot of it is the same old shit because it's practical to most people. Most people do not think that banning public ownership is reasonable.
     

  7. #387
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Middle GA
    Posts
    6,680
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: REI places "HOLD" on brands owned by gun manufacturer Vista

    Dick Sporting Good's soaring sales prove it can succeed without assault rifles

    What's the latest on REI after Vista announces they're going to sell off the brands. Is the boycott over?
    Dustin Gaddis
    www.MiddleGaEpic.com
    Why do people feel the need to list all of their bikes in their signature?

  8. #388
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Portland OR
    Posts
    812
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: REI places "HOLD" on brands owned by gun manufacturer Vista

    Quote Originally Posted by dgaddis View Post
    Dick Sporting Good's soaring sales prove it can succeed without assault rifles

    What's the latest on REI after Vista announces they're going to sell off the brands. Is the boycott over?
    I’ll buy Giro again once they’ve been sold, not before.
     

  9. #389
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    197
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: REI places "HOLD" on brands owned by gun manufacturer Vista

    What's the latest on this? I want to buy Giro again, but won't if I'm still funding guns.
     

  10. #390
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Miami, Florida
    Posts
    13,643
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: REI places "HOLD" on brands owned by gun manufacturer Vista

    Still owned by Vista as far as I know.
     

  11. #391
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    197
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: REI places "HOLD" on brands owned by gun manufacturer Vista

    To be honest, I wouldn't have my MET Strale helmet, Handup gloves and Shimano XC5 shoes if it weren't for the Vista situation, and I'm *extremely* happy with all 3.
     

  12. #392
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    1,078
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: REI places "HOLD" on brands owned by gun manufacturer Vista

    Quote Originally Posted by Marin View Post
    To be honest, I wouldn't have my MET Strale helmet, Handup gloves and Shimano XC5 shoes if it weren't for the Vista situation, and I'm *extremely* happy with all 3.
    how's the fit on the XC5?

  13. #393
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    1,831
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: REI places "HOLD" on brands owned by gun manufacturer Vista

    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Strongin View Post
    Still owned by Vista as far as I know.
    Negative. Bolle, Cebe, and Serengetti have been sold. Sale of Blackburn, Bell, and Giro announced, in process.

    Now is a good time to support those folks, IMO.

    Vista Outdoor to sell Bell, Giro and Blackburn, along with firearms brands | Bicycle Retailer and Industry News

  14. #394
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    197
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: REI places "HOLD" on brands owned by gun manufacturer Vista

    Quote Originally Posted by Shoogs View Post
    how's the fit on the XC5?
    Same as my other Shimano, Giro & Sidi shoes, I'm a 46 in all of these.
     

  15. #395
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    1,078
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: REI places "HOLD" on brands owned by gun manufacturer Vista

    Quote Originally Posted by Marin View Post
    Same as my other Shimano, Giro & Sidi shoes, I'm a 46 in all of these.
    Narrow? Wide?

  16. #396
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    197
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: REI places "HOLD" on brands owned by gun manufacturer Vista

    Regular I guess?
     

  17. #397
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    1,831
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: REI places "HOLD" on brands owned by gun manufacturer Vista

    Quote Originally Posted by Marin View Post
    What's the latest on this? I want to buy Giro again, but won't if I'm still funding guns.
    Last week Vista divested their firearms business, and REI agreed to reengage Giro, Bell, etc.

    Vista still has ammo brands in the portfolio, and still intends to divest the cycling businesses at some point in the future.

    At this point, it's a surprising outcome for REI to accept a half measure from Vista...

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-21-2012, 06:51 PM
  2. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-24-2010, 12:11 PM
  3. Chris "Macca" McCormack meets "Dazza"
    By fc356 in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-14-2010, 09:11 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •