User Tag List

Page 32 of 61 FirstFirst ... 222324252627282930313233343536373839404142 ... LastLast
Results 621 to 640 of 1201

Thread: NFS Chainlube & Race Grease: The wait is over

  1. #621
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    worlds biggest island
    Posts
    1,687
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default re: NFS Chainlube & Race Grease: The wait is over

    I have converted the whole of our local riding group, I carry a sample bottle in my saddle bag for on ride application and give hints on getting the best out of NFS. Education is the key, it's not like other lubes, wax lubes are clean but they don't lubricate.
    Quote Originally Posted by devlin View Post
    Finally got back to some shops today to see how much they loved NFS. two of the shops the mechanic wasnt in and the third claimed it was too messy for the dry conditions they ride in. Said they favoured the dry wax lubes. I think he misundrstood the product myself. It'ds a hard sell in Australia.
    Bill Fernance
    Bicycle Shop Owner
    Part Time Framebuilder
    Bicycle Tragic

  2. #622
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Brisbane, Qld. Australia
    Posts
    2,274
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default re: NFS Chainlube & Race Grease: The wait is over

    I asked him at the time how many drops he put on and I honestly think he didn't understand the difference bewteen a wax lube and a wet lube. His body language persuaded me not to pursue it and I was actually stunned by his feedback.

    I have pretty much converted everyone I have come in contact with in Brisbane and there are about 200+ bottles that I've shipped for Josh and sold myself in Australia. Compared to the volume that Velo Vita imports of say Finish Line it's a tiny fraction. They basically ship a 40 foot container twice a year of Finish line products.

    I have thought about setting up on a prominant bike route and offer a free application to pasers by just to try and expose people to the lube. Might have to look into doing it soon now that the weather is warming up.
    __________________________________________

    "Even my farts smell like steel!" - Diel

    "Make something with your hands. Not with your money." - Dario

    Sean Doyle

    www.devlincc.com

    https://www.instagram.com/devlincustomcycles/

    https://www.flickr.com/photos/139142779@N05/

  3. #623
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    DC
    Posts
    25,377
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default re: NFS Chainlube & Race Grease: The wait is over

    You are the man :) I'm looking into setting up a "free" chain lube station on a local commuter route also. I'm going rougue!


    Quote Originally Posted by devlin View Post
    I asked him at the time how many drops he put on and I honestly think he didn't understand the difference bewteen a wax lube and a wet lube. His body language persuaded me not to pursue it and I was actually stunned by his feedback.

    I have pretty much converted everyone I have come in contact with in Brisbane and there are about 200+ bottles that I've shipped for Josh and sold myself in Australia. Compared to the volume that Velo Vita imports of say Finish Line it's a tiny fraction. They basically ship a 40 foot container twice a year of Finish line products.

    I have thought about setting up on a prominant bike route and offer a free application to pasers by just to try and expose people to the lube. Might have to look into doing it soon now that the weather is warming up.

  4. #624
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Waterloo Ontario
    Posts
    77
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default re: NFS Chainlube & Race Grease: The wait is over

    I've been using NFS for the whole year. Great stuff but I think I put too much on the chains and would like to take it all of and start again. Any suggestions for an appropriate solvent/degreaser and or cleaning process?

  5. #625
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    DC
    Posts
    25,377
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default re: NFS Chainlube & Race Grease: The wait is over

    Quote Originally Posted by back40 View Post
    I've been using NFS for the whole year. Great stuff but I think I put too much on the chains and would like to take it all of and start again. Any suggestions for an appropriate solvent/degreaser and or cleaning process?
    Not exactly a degreaser....WD40 works really well to clean chains. Make sure you clean your cogs after and let the propellant evaporate than apply NFS. This is our SOP at BallersRide. We don't have alot of time to fuss with things...make more time for drinking beers and primping ;)

  6. #626
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    81
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default re: NFS Chainlube & Race Grease: The wait is over

    Are there any shops in Ottawa carrying this wonder juice? Shipping price for a bottle is a staggering $20!
     

  7. #627
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The Pacific Midwest
    Posts
    4,807
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default re: NFS Chainlube & Race Grease: The wait is over

    Quote Originally Posted by Too Tall View Post
    Not exactly a degreaser....WD40 works really well to clean chains. Make sure you clean your cogs after and let the propellant evaporate than apply NFS. This is our SOP at BallersRide. We don't have alot of time to fuss with things...make more time for drinking beers and primping ;)
    +1. I spray some WD40 on an old sock and run the chain backwards while I grip the chain on both sides with the sock. I also floss the cassette and wipe down the jockeys to remove the majority of the crud. Then lube away.
     

  8. #628
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    DC
    Posts
    25,377
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default re: NFS Chainlube & Race Grease: The wait is over

    Quote Originally Posted by Bonesbrigade View Post
    Are there any shops in Ottawa carrying this wonder juice? Shipping price for a bottle is a staggering $20!
    Regrets my Canadian friend. No shops in the land of unpasteurized beer and broomball. This is something we can fix. Talk to your LBS.

  9. #629
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Victoria, BC
    Posts
    367
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    If there's no dealers in Canada, maybe I should get it in the webshop? At least the shipping could be chopped in half. Are there shipping issues with liquids? PM me.

  10. #630
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    DC
    Posts
    25,377
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default re: NFS Chainlube & Race Grease: The wait is over

    Quote Originally Posted by ryker View Post
    If there's no dealers in Canada, maybe I should get it in the webshop? At least the shipping could be chopped in half. Are there shipping issues with liquids? PM me.
    I ship to Canada all the time, no big woop.

  11. #631
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Northern VA
    Posts
    931
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default re: NFS Chainlube & Race Grease: The wait is over

    NFS will be put to the test in Kona in a few hours:

    photo 1.JPG
     

  12. #632
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Brisbane, Qld. Australia
    Posts
    2,274
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default re: NFS Chainlube & Race Grease: The wait is over

    Kona is no match for NFS.
    __________________________________________

    "Even my farts smell like steel!" - Diel

    "Make something with your hands. Not with your money." - Dario

    Sean Doyle

    www.devlincc.com

    https://www.instagram.com/devlincustomcycles/

    https://www.flickr.com/photos/139142779@N05/

  13. #633
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Kingman, AZ
    Posts
    4,201
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default re: NFS Chainlube & Race Grease: The wait is over

    I've been making my own lube for years (odorless mineral spirits and synthetic motor oil 4:1). I made a big bottle of it early this year so I haven't tried the NFS on my chain yet, but I've used it on my campy ergo levers, specifically the thumb tab that is susceptible to rust from sweaty hands in the summer. It really penetrates well. All I have is the small bottle that came with my Baller kit but I'll buy it in the future when I stop playing chemist in the garage.
    Weight Doper

  14. #634
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    DC
    Posts
    25,377
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default re: NFS Chainlube & Race Grease: The wait is over

    Quote Originally Posted by bigbill View Post
    I've been making my own lube for years (odorless mineral spirits and synthetic motor oil 4:1). I made a big bottle of it early this year so I haven't tried the NFS on my chain yet, but I've used it on my campy ergo levers, specifically the thumb tab that is susceptible to rust from sweaty hands in the summer. It really penetrates well. All I have is the small bottle that came with my Baller kit but I'll buy it in the future when I stop playing chemist in the garage.
    I'm your Huckleberry. Thanks Bill, that's really cool.
    FWIIW Machinists are telling me that NFS is working much better than traditional cutting fluids for low speed low temp. hand cutting tools (facing, chasing etc.).
    Last edited by Too Tall; 10-13-2014 at 06:41 AM.

  15. #635
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio, United States
    Posts
    540
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default re: NFS Chainlube & Race Grease: The wait is over

    What's the protocol for application after a good CX post race hosedown?

    I just shop-vacced the chain to dry it and re-applied like normal.

    I considered a WD-40 spray to displace the water before application but did not.

    Thanks.
    Zuzuís pedals

  16. #636
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    DC
    Posts
    25,377
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default re: NFS Chainlube & Race Grease: The wait is over

    I do the same as you. If the chain is choked with dirt you should give it the full monte.

  17. #637
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Lakeland,Fl
    Posts
    808
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    image-3267420013.jpg

    New wheels deserve a new cassette and chain. Baptized before the first ride with Josh's NFS.

    Mike

    Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner
    Last edited by Too Tall; 10-14-2014 at 08:29 PM.
    Mike Noble

  18. #638
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    DC
    Posts
    25,377
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default re: NFS Chainlube & Race Grease: The wait is over

    Them be some purty wheels buster.

  19. #639
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Spokane, Washington
    Posts
    732
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default re: NFS Chainlube & Race Grease: The wait is over

    NFS worked very well during the girls cross-country trip. Now we're going to see how well it works in Mexico for the next six months.
     

  20. #640
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    DC
    Posts
    25,377
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default re: NFS Chainlube & Race Grease: The wait is over

    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Thompson View Post
    NFS worked very well during the girls cross-country trip. Now we're going to see how well it works in Mexico for the next six months.
    Hearing this really gives me goosebumps. What they did is pretty darn amazing.
    Any chance we can see a picture of the crew?

Similar Threads

  1. Grease free hub body?
    By the bottle ride in forum VSalon Pro-Bicycle Tech
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 04-25-2013, 07:10 PM
  2. help removing grease from
    By bironi in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-03-2012, 12:12 PM
  3. Removing Grease Stains
    By defspace in forum The Art of Wardrobe
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-16-2012, 04:18 PM
  4. Why Lithium Grease exists
    By Too Tall in forum VSalon Pro-Bicycle Tech
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 10-30-2011, 07:56 PM

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •