User Tag List

Page 108 of 108 FirstFirst ... 9899100101102103104105106107108
Results 2,141 to 2,151 of 2151

Thread: Grumps can suck it, it's Friday!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Grumps can suck it, it's Friday!

Waiting for a connecting flight and headed to Athens, Ohio tomorrow to spend part of the weekend with number 1 son in attending the Ohio craft beer festival....all day IPA for the masses.

July 13th-21st | Ohio Brew Week 218 | Festival of Ohio Beer
    rw saunders
    everything is connected

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Wrapped up the financial agreements for the divorce yesterday. It's going to sting a little for 4 years, but not really that bad. The new job pays well and I'll have plenty to live a good life, play N+1 every few years, and see my son at the Naval Academy several times a year. I traded in my F150 and my son's Focus on a new SUV that will carry 4-5 bikes, all locked inside. I'm heading to Vegas Sunday evening to househunt in Kingman, AZ for a few days. Need to find the balance between access to riding and not getting all my stuff stolen while I'm at work.
    I heart burnt bikes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My 20 year old daughter is interning at a Big 4 accounting firm. She’s been back & forth between Chicago & Dallas all summer and the National partner for her group invited her to dinner the other night & they hit it off. She’ll get an offer at the end of her internship for a position when she graduates. As the parent that raised her I feel like my role in her life is about 99% complete. And I sleep better as a result.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Sneaking out of work at 4:30 on a bright dry afternoon to go for a flatwater paddle on a cold, shady reservoir on the Deerfield River.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have the afternoon off. Wife, I and two - maybe three- handfuls of our friends are heading to the cottage for our annual cottage weekend.

Only grump is that the hydraulic trim on the boat isn't functional so we wont have a boat this year :( How many pushups did I just commit myself to? Multiply it by 3, we do a pushup competition on the (rigid) floating raft every year, i'm excited but not well prepared for it this year. Like @Lionel im a few kg too heavy - so im going to be taking on some alternatives this year to heavy beers - I think a local vodka with water will be my choice.

My parents are looking after our daughter, I hope the wife gets a break this weekend. Shes been getting terrible morning sickness as we prepare our lives to be a family of 4. Yet again, very excited.

I've finished so much around our house since the move, my mornings this week have been moving sprinklers around and pulling wire in the garage to get my tools set-up. Finally a little comfort after a really hard 3 month push to get it really dialed in. Still a lot of projects and a lot of painting on our short list but its light stuff now and less landscaping.

Pool by HellaFab Fabrication, on Flickr
    Pool by HellaFab Fabrication, on Flickr

cheers.
    Matt Moore
    @hellafabrication
    www.instagram.com/Hellafabrication

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Daltex View Post
    My 20 year old daughter is interning at a Big 4 accounting firm. She’s been back & forth between Chicago & Dallas all summer and the National partner for her group invited her to dinner the other night & they hit it off. She’ll get an offer at the end of her internship for a position when she graduates. As the parent that raised her I feel like my role in her life is about 99% complete. And I sleep better as a result.
    Congrats! That's great.

Just wait until she's able to take you out to dinner and a movie to celebrate Fathers' Day. Oh wait - that's me!

We are all still getting used to living in the same neighborhood, but it's really nice: After the movie we rode the subway back to her stop and I walked her to her apartment. Then I had a grueling 10 minute walk back home. And last night she & her boyfriend came by. He helped me carry a table up from the basement, and then they headed off for ice cream.
    GO!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have my sight, counting my blessings for that. For the last three weeks I've been studying all day for the bar exam with a legally blind friend. His testing accommodations came through- turning the bar from a two-day to a four-day exam, necessitating lugging assistive reading technology around, and making the general lining-up of logistics a nightmare. It's enough to make a guy relieved to take the regular exam.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Last ride in Paris, TX this afternoon. I pick up a 4X8 U haul trailer in the am to move my bikes to AZ. Six bikes, the Pegoretti, Nobilette GT, Serotta, Merckx, Gunnar, and the Coconino, plus the Merckx track frame. All my tools, workstand, and spare wheels. My clothes and a cat will travel in the vehicle with me.
    I heart burnt bikes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got to ride tubulars on Wednesday, and Thursday, and I'll get to ride them again today. Plus, on Thursday's ride of Chicago's Lakefront Trail south of the Loop, I saw the most amazing skyline I have ever seen. Cyclists were stopped along the path and just gazing. Of course I didn't have a camera, it being Thursday, but good God. A passing storm deposited a lowish shelf cloud in dark blue that framed all the skyscrapers from above. The lake water was a dark turquoise. The sky below the shelf was a glowing purple-orange, and the buildings all levitated between the shelf cloud and the water, their lights twinkling through the mist. Chicago is fugly, but this was on par with Yosemite.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dunno what time that was but landing at Midway in and around the storms was a thrill.

I just got past one milestone in the project that gets me a toehold on the system so maybe today will be a success and I can enjoy a weekend in town with Karen without having to come back out here, she's winging her way here right now on time and smooth air. She has a footloose day in town... me jealous.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    Dunno what time that was but landing at Midway in and around the storms was a thrill.

I just got past one milestone in the project that gets me a toehold on the system so maybe today will be a success and I can enjoy a weekend in town with Karen without having to come back out here, she's winging her way here right now on time and smooth air. She has a footloose day in town... me jealous.
    Treat yourself with a pastry at Southern France Patisserie, on Irving Park Road just west of Southport Ave. (4000N, 1400W). Best croissants in Chicago, if not the entire US. The fruit tarts and eclairs are top-notch, and the fancier things are always interesting in a "better buy two" kind of way.