User Tag List

Page 346 of 346 FirstFirst ... 336337338339340341342343344345346
Results 6,901 to 6,911 of 6911

Thread: Get Your Grump on Thursdays - Was (What's chapping my @ss today?)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default Re: Get Your Grump on Thursdays - Was (What's chapping my @ss today?)

We're hearing that we can remove masks at work once our workforce reaches 50% vaccinated. We're using the honor system to self-report. It will be great to get out of masks, but I have no faith in most folks who currently aren't vaccinated.
    Weight Doper

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Handymen.
    It really is near impossible to find someone competent and willing to come in and cut and replace some bathroom tiles and do grouting.
    I've now contacted 7 people. The competent ones only want to remodel the entire bathroom. The lousy ones show up with a dirty backpack of hand tools and no tile cutter even though I specifically told them new tiles need to be cut and installed. No way am I going to let them start tearing out tile. The worst ones are the guys who come take a look (even after I've sent them extensive photos and was very precise in my requests) tell you they will work up an estimate and then you never hear from them again.
    I filled the gap with clear silicone calking today. I give up.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bicycle companies that just cancel the remainder of this season's orders. Place an order for bicycles that will arrive in October. That is the suggested solution? Small and mid-sized bicycle shops are going to have a very tough second half of 2021.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had to wait almost a week to post this one. For obvious reasons I can't do pushups.

Last Friday left me with a clavicle fracture and a type II shoulder separation. The CC ligaments are still intact but ripped the insertion points off the clavicle ("avulsion" for the Wordish Wednesday thread). I hoped to go into surgery today but a puncture wound on the shoulder (I think I landed on an axle) needs to heal before surgery can take place.

Due to silly HR rules, I can't work this week if I want to be able to work PT as I recover from surgery. I am bored out of my mind. Action movies get dull after the first two.

It's my second time to break this clavicle. I'm hopeful it'll heal as well as it did the last time. It's not the end of the world, but boy it sure is a drag. I'm lucky to have good medical and social support (and Vsalon) on my side.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The family left at 1030 for a veterinarian appt, came back at 1130 to our now split beautiful hackberry tree��. No wind, weather, etc. glad no one was hurt.this is about 1/3 of the canopy.
    1A38E585-5C51-4104-93BC-6BDA372059B0.jpeg

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

AF218F02-7661-4E15-BC37-7D0165AAF034.jpeg

Fortunately it didn’t hit the neighbor’s house.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Amunrud View Post
    The family left at 1030 for a veterinarian appt, came back at 1130 to our now split beautiful hackberry tree��. No wind, weather, etc. glad no one was hurt.this is about 1/3 of the canopy.
    1A38E585-5C51-4104-93BC-6BDA372059B0.jpeg
    Feel your pain.

Jorn Ake
    poet

Flickr
    Books

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I donít think Iíd mess with that one either. Spent a year on a tree trimming crew. I did feel comfortable with this one.
    6F346CBA-1B97-430F-B161-698895D8CD08.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

My county (Mohave) is the worst county for Covid in the state of Arizona. We're looking at "hot spot" and wearing masks again at work, even if vaccinated.
    Weight Doper

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I haven't wanted to even get on the bike for the past two weeks and it is midsummer. Karen says it is work stress. Used to be that's how I dealt with work stress. Bastards have beat me. For now. 14 months.
    Tom Ambros

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Round two. One of the guys on my team from India, a contractor, his father-in-law died last night. His manager from the company he works directly for, an American in Texas, wrote an email in response expressing sympathy. It included this sentence:

"Out thought are with hm and the family."

Yeah, nothing says sincerity like bothering to spell all the words right.
    Tom Ambros