User Tag List

Page 324 of 324 FirstFirst ... 314315316317318319320321322323324
Results 6,461 to 6,478 of 6478

Thread: Get Your Grump on Thursdays - Was (What's chapping my @ss today?)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Get Your Grump on Thursdays - Was (What's chapping my @ss today?)

I had surgery a few years ago. Little pain after, but the antibiotic, Flagyl, was devastating. Weed made it tolerable by dispersing the discomfort, leaving no focal point, which enabled me to relax and rest. My wife uses some CBD product for osteoarthritis, and she won't touch anything psychoactive, and has a pain threshold of zero.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by j44ke View Post
    Get different pain meds. Key to her PT will be pain management.
    Yes.

My wife has a particularly bad reaction to a certain anesthetic, and knows there are alternatives (I don't remember the drug...) So that would be my first suggestion.

Good luck!
    GO!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ides1056 View Post
    My wife uses some CBD product for osteoarthritis, and she won't touch anything psychoactive, and has a pain threshold of zero.
    Does it work for her? If you don't mind me asking, what route and dosage does she use? My lab works with cannabinoids (including CBD) and I'm hugely skeptical of its value/efficacy, though it appears to be the 2019 cure-all..
    "Do you want ants? Because that's how you get ants."

Instagram

Travel

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Octave View Post
    Does it work for her? If you don't mind me asking, what route and dosage does she use? My lab works with cannabinoids (including CBD) and I'm hugely skeptical of its value/efficacy, though it appears to be the 2019 cure-all..
    I had some shoulder issues and took some. Interestingly, my HRV values dropped in relation to taking it. So something is going on IMO.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by joosttx View Post
    I had some shoulder issues and took some. Interestingly, my HRV values dropped in relation to taking it. So something is going on IMO.
    That's really interesting. Do you know the dose you took? Was it a full-spectrum extract (i.e. with terpenes and flavonoids, just no THC)? And what route (oral, smoked, sublingual..etc.)? Also, do you use other cannabinoids/cannabis-derived products? CBD seems to work primarily through what's called the 'entourage effect,' which is to say that it works in concert with other chemicals rather than on it's own. Without getting too too detailed CBD theoretically works as a positive allosteric modulator by binding to extra sites on a receptor (like the cannabinoid receptors) in your brain/body and modifying their activity. Think of it like a rheostat, whereas a direct agonist like THC (the 'active ingredient' in cannabis that gets you high) is the actual light switch. If you mess with a rheostat when the light is off it doesn't do anything, but if you turn the light on it will.

Instagram

Travel

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What is literally chapping my ass today? A saddle sore. Never had one like this before. Crappy winter, too much time on the trainer - have a Dr. appointment this afternoon to have it looked at. It has been shrinking lately, so hoping he recommends some none-invasive actions.......

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Error

The west end of NE is in a horrendous snow storm while the east end is flooding so bad every road has an issue somewhere.

Thankfully I live in the little green spot in the SE corner. Hoping everyone stays safe.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Back to the CBD, I get hemp pressed CBD honey from Farmhouse Hemp. I take a teaspoon in the evenings and it has made a difference in my neuropathy foot pain. I don't get sudden pains during the night that wake me up. For prescription, I take 7.5mg of Meloxicam each morning, the CBD honey seems to increase its effectiveness. Of course I don't have scientific proof but I sleep through the night and I didn't previously.
    Weight Doper

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bill- my wife swears by Lord Jones products for her arthritis. Works on the pain and helps her sleep. Kind of hoity-toity packaging, which might have something to do with its effectiveness for her.

And absolutely nothing is chapping my ass today: went skiing with my dogs. Spring is in the air.

Truck fump, is all.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's no doubt strong painkillers after surgery work and work effectively, but they can really mess you up.

Morphine made me feel sick, but in combination with maxalon it was fine. Morphine is scary stuff and I can see how people would get addicted.

Endone did not make me feel sick, but I just felt a bit out of it. At the time I couldn't tell how much this was due to recovery from surgery or the painkiller. But, as soon as I stopped taking it my head cleared up and I felt normal again.

I have no idea how cyclists are able to race in close proximity to others on Tramadol.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Same thing here about tramadol, my old doctor offered it but I declined. If my pain reached that point, I probably wouldn't care about a bike.

After my back surgery I was given oxy-something, some kind of narcotic pain killer. I never took them, just Tylenol for the first 3-4 days followed by full doses (15mg) of Meloxicam after that. I'll do everything I can to avoid prescription pain killers. Meloxicam is more of a anti-inflammatory and while on them, I rarely if ever need to pop an Ibuprofen.
    Weight Doper

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NYCFixie, good luck for Spring Break and the rest of the year.

My grump du jour consists entirely of displeasure with the sound of the I9 Torch freehub...
    Last edited by Matthew Strongin; 1 Week Ago at 07:34 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bigbill View Post
    Back to the CBD, I get hemp pressed CBD honey from Farmhouse Hemp. I take a teaspoon in the evenings and it has made a difference in my neuropathy foot pain. I don't get sudden pains during the night that wake me up. For prescription, I take 7.5mg of Meloxicam each morning, the CBD honey seems to increase its effectiveness. Of course I don't have scientific proof but I sleep through the night and I didn't previously.
    So you're taking 20mg/day, which is on the really low end. But it's a full-spectrum extract so this goes back to the "entourage" effect. I'd bet dollars to donuts if you took 20mg of pure CBD per day you'd not have such success. I'm really happy it works for you - and a teaspoon of honey in the evening is nice in any case!

What's also interesting is that you're on meloxicam, which is a Cox-2 inhibitor. We know that endocannabinoids (your naturally occurring cannabinoids) similarly inhibit cox-2 so you're working with a cumulative effect. Fun-fact: paracetamol (Tylenol) is thought to work through its primary metabolite, AM-404, which is also a cannabinoid.
    Quote Originally Posted by ides1056 View Post
    Bill- my wife swears by Lord Jones products for her arthritis. Works on the pain and helps her sleep. Kind of hoity-toity packaging, which might have something to do with its effectiveness for her.

And absolutely nothing is chapping my ass today: went skiing with my dogs. Spring is in the air.

Truck fump, is all.
    That is some faffy packaging indeed! Again, a full-spectrum extract. Nice to hear it works for her! Thanks for the replies, you two. Interesting stuff.

Truck fump, indeed. Enjoy the spring!

Instagram

Travel

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am troubled by questions that don't include a question mark. WTF is that?

This is followed closely by a vague question that expects a precise answer.
    Steve Park

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You know how Lyft/Uber always say 2 mins, and change to 10 mins?

Today it took 20 mins to get in the car. Then the driver missed the airport exit.

Then the line to check the bike took 10 min.

And then the agent said I miised the cutoff to check, and what would I like to do with the bike?

WTF.

I put the bike back in a Lyft with instructions to drop at the security desk at my office at 6am. Hail Mary.

The bike was in fact delivered, and I made my flight - last passenger to board - but had to gate check my other bag, which subsequently did not make the connection.

I can’t really complain when I arrive home on time and this is all small stuff in the big picture.

But I was momentarily enraged by the prospect of abandoning a bike or missing my flight...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just found out a former colleague was on the Ethiopian Air flight that went down. 24 years old, ambitious former office manager recently launched into a career position, on her first international assignment. Rage against Boeing, somebody knew there was a problem.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She uses Lord Jones- 20 mg per piece the box says. Natural Fruit gumdrops.

I have a neighbor, a state cop, who told me several years ago he never would have believed his daughter (she might have been 10) would be using weed: she has seizures that were being treated with Clonozepam- not something one would choose to take long term. A tincture replaced this and was effective enough to change his thinking about the drug.

I've tried various products for sleep and the like and they were not effective. But it really helped with the acute discomfort I felt taking a brutal antibiotic.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Octave View Post
    So you're taking 20mg/day, which is on the really low end. But it's a full-spectrum extract so this goes back to the "entourage" effect. I'd bet dollars to donuts if you took 20mg of pure CBD per day you'd not have such success. I'm really happy it works for you - and a teaspoon of honey in the evening is nice in any case!

What's also interesting is that you're on meloxicam, which is a Cox-2 inhibitor. We know that endocannabinoids (your naturally occurring cannabinoids) similarly inhibit cox-2 so you're working with a cumulative effect. Fun-fact: paracetamol (Tylenol) is thought to work through its primary metabolite, AM-404, which is also a cannabinoid.
    That is some faffy packaging indeed! Again, a full-spectrum extract. Nice to hear it works for her! Thanks for the replies, you two. Interesting stuff.

Truck fump, indeed. Enjoy the spring!
    The Lord Jones stuff looks nice, the gum drops look handy to carry around. I have a hard time getting past $5 per 20mg dose versus $2.40 per 20mg with the honey. But honey is hard to put in a carry on bag. Some people swear by the ointment and lotion, never did much for me other than the cayenne containing ones, but that was likely the capsaicin more than the CBD.
    Weight Doper