User Tag List

Page 321 of 326 FirstFirst ... 311312313314315316317318319320321322323324325326 LastLast
Results 6,401 to 6,420 of 6515

Thread: Get Your Grump on Thursdays - Was (What's chapping my @ss today?)

  1. #6401
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    4,996
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Get Your Grump on Thursdays - Was (What's chapping my @ss today?)

    Quote Originally Posted by Daltex View Post
    Very unexpected, caught me off guard. Not good news.
    i'm having trouble finding anyone who even had a slight inkling that it was coming.
    -Dustin

  2. #6402
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Ashland, OR
    Posts
    297
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Get Your Grump on Thursdays - Was (What's chapping my @ss today?)

    Quote Originally Posted by ericpmoss View Post
    Had an extra ticket to the Alex Honnold movie "Free Solo", and Honnold and Jimmy Chin were there for Q&A. Couldn't even fucking give a ticket away to the people I knew. Didn't realize I suck so much.

    Totally amazing movie, btw. Funny and good for taking a girlfriend to.
    You donít suck, but your friends might.
    I saw this with my 17 year old son who is generally too cool to hang with dad.
    Climbing may be our only common ground until he ages a bit more.
     

  3. #6403
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Larkspur, CA
    Posts
    7,596
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Get Your Grump on Thursdays - Was (What's chapping my @ss today?)

    California..... it is breaking my heart

  4. #6404
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Statesvegas NC
    Posts
    212
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Get Your Grump on Thursdays - Was (What's chapping my @ss today?)

    Monday... father in law shows up... thrown belt/broken water pump three miles out, he drives it the rest of the way here, pushing steam. Car to shop Tuesday, new water pump, hope for the best. Tuesday afternoon, wife’s grandmother (other side) passes away. Wednesday, get car back. Today, wife/s new(ish) minivan has a battery go south. FIL attempts to drive ten hours home... make it 30 miles, dash lights up, car knocking, dunzo. Go save the wife, give her my truck, put new battery in van in parking lot, go get FIL at car shop, get him a rental, he’s on his way.

    What a day.

    Don’t drive your car if it doesn’t have coolant. It never ends well. Amazing how many people think they can push it an extra few miles after the lights come on... this is the third time I’ve seen it.

    And it won’t stop raining. I am so tired of the trainer.
     

  5. #6405
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    W Mass
    Posts
    9,748
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Get Your Grump on Thursdays - Was (What's chapping my @ss today?)

    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    Don’t drive your car if it doesn’t have coolant. It never ends well. Amazing how many people think they can push it an extra few miles after the lights come on... this is the third time I’ve seen it.
    Amen, brother. I ruined a perfectly good Subaru boxer motor that way. I promise not to do it again.

    Hope what's left of this week swings the needle the other way and rocks your world.

    Cheers, Tee Aitch.
     

  6. #6406
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    14,587
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Get Your Grump on Thursdays - Was (What's chapping my @ss today?)

    Was snow, now ice, then rain at 3AM.

    Sounds like someone outside throwing rice and pebbles at the house.
     

  7. #6407
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Stow, MA
    Posts
    2,074
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Get Your Grump on Thursdays - Was (What's chapping my @ss today?)

    We got 6" of snow then ice now it is raining. Messy day indeed...
    Guy Washburn

    Photography > www.guywashburn.com

  8. #6408
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    West Texas
    Posts
    425
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Get Your Grump on Thursdays - Was (What's chapping my @ss today?)

    Which shop closed -Dustin?
    Kyle Olson

  9. #6409
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    528
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Get Your Grump on Thursdays - Was (What's chapping my @ss today?)

    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    Monday... father in law shows up... thrown belt/broken water pump three miles out, he drives it the rest of the way here, pushing steam. Car to shop Tuesday, new water pump, hope for the best. Tuesday afternoon, wife’s grandmother (other side) passes away. Wednesday, get car back. Today, wife/s new(ish) minivan has a battery go south. FIL attempts to drive ten hours home... make it 30 miles, dash lights up, car knocking, dunzo. Go save the wife, give her my truck, put new battery in van in parking lot, go get FIL at car shop, get him a rental, he’s on his way.

    What a day.

    Don’t drive your car if it doesn’t have coolant. It never ends well. Amazing how many people think they can push it an extra few miles after the lights come on... this is the third time I’ve seen it.

    And it won’t stop raining. I am so tired of the trainer.
    Sorry, not on topic but this reminded me of a time and place far, far away. We'd purchased our very first "new" car. A Jeep Grand Cherokee. She came limping into the driveway, car making all kinds of noise. Oil light was on. "I drove straight home" she said.
     

  10. #6410
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,555
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Get Your Grump on Thursdays - Was (What's chapping my @ss today?)

    Apparently I chapped somebody else's @ss just now in a meeting. I couldn't stop myself. "OK, can you clarify? That's four AM Sunday morning? Not four PM Sunday morning?"
     

  11. #6411
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Mont Tremblant, Quebec & UES, NYC
    Posts
    509
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Get Your Grump on Thursdays - Was (What's chapping my @ss today?)

    OK, maybe this could go on the automobile thread but it has me so POíd it belongs in here.

    NY potholes and low profile tires.

    The first time it happened three weeks ago I was driving in the middle lane on a curve on the Northern State Parkway. Car to the left of me and car to the right. Speed limit driving at 55.

    Big ass pothole that canít be avoided with a resounding thud on the left front wheel. Instant tire pressure alarm. Pull over and start to change the tire.

    Discover the Volvo V60 Polestar super duper machine has no spare only a canister of flat fill and a pump and gauge. Of course this is useless with a rim that is severely dented and a tire that wonít seat. Volvo come get me fixed service says an hour and a half. I say screw it and drive on shoulder to exit and service station which sends out wheel to get banged into shape and orders new tire for the now destroyed one (they humored me and said the pothole trashed the sidewall). Train into the city and back out to suburbia service center next day. Order donut spare from Tasca Volvo to be delivered to apartment posthaste.

    Day after new spare goes into car, same thing this time in Westchester. Change to spare, drive at max 50 back to city. In morning find the wheel banger guy by Shea stadium and get all fixed up.

    This morning...same shit different day.

    It isnít just the hundy or so to get it fixed itís the untold hours getting it fixed etc. Itís not like wheel guys are on every corner.

    Either NY has got to jump on fixing potholes or I gotta find an old Lincoln Continental or some such with big floaty boaty tires.

    And it is only the start of the winter and pothole season.

    I guess thereís a reason my wife just said the average NYer spends 2800 bucks a year on road caused vehicle damage. I never believed the stat until today.
    Jon Mandel

  12. #6412
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Western MA
    Posts
    2,213
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Get Your Grump on Thursdays - Was (What's chapping my @ss today?)

    Yeah, I recall living there, and low profile rims breaking like flower pots.
     

  13. #6413
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    4,336
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Get Your Grump on Thursdays - Was (What's chapping my @ss today?)

    I'm having a good week. I'm getting a lot done. I'm almost the only one in the office. The streets are almost empty during my bike commute.

    But this hasn't made any difference to the sedan driver who passed within a foot of me, the SUV driver who passed me over a blind rise, the Prius driver who pulled an unsignaled u-turn right in front of me, or the Range Rover driver who veered onto my side of the street while holding a cell phone to his ear.
    Dan Fuller, local bicycle enthusiast

  14. #6414
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Olympia, WA.
    Posts
    1,612
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Get Your Grump on Thursdays - Was (What's chapping my @ss today?)

    Some things remain the same, but still suck.
     

  15. #6415
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Western MA
    Posts
    2,213
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Get Your Grump on Thursdays - Was (What's chapping my @ss today?)

    I am not liking the guy who runs coyotes with radio-collared dogs. They treat the commons like their hunting playpen.

    Stupid.
     

  16. #6416
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Stow, MA
    Posts
    2,074
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Get Your Grump on Thursdays - Was (What's chapping my @ss today?)

    My nearly 60 year track record of frightening dentistry continues. It looks like the intermittent pain/crankiness I have been experiencing with my top back molar is because of root death underneath the pretty gold crown. Most cost effective way to get it settled down is going to be just to pull it... Oh joy...
    Guy Washburn

    Photography > www.guywashburn.com

  17. #6417
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Miami, Florida
    Posts
    13,335
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Get Your Grump on Thursdays - Was (What's chapping my @ss today?)

    I had a pretty good run of good health going, but I've been knocked on my ass by yet another sinus infection. Sleeping has been tough, so at least I've been productive while up at 3am everyday. I'd rather be sleeping it off, though.
     

  18. #6418
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Dallas, Texas - downtown
    Posts
    1,762
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Get Your Grump on Thursdays - Was (What's chapping my @ss today?)

    My neighborhood is transitional. About 3-4 blocks away, in the direction of less transition, a developer purchased a large parcel of land (the largest piece was an old vacant strip mall). The developer planned a large mixed use development, mostly living plus retail with a large grocery store as the anchor. This land is directly across from a new-ish light rail station. Perfect right? The development would have also replaced a dive bar & a liquor store. The city was on board, the developer purchased the land & was 100% green light. All good news right? A neighborhood group starting making demands of the developer, not necessarily a bad thing. At one point several neighborhood meetings with the developer took place. These meetings began as informational meetings, but quickly devolved into a shit-show of unreasonable demands. As a result, the developer puts the project on hold. Now several months later, the project has been killed by the developer. Thank you loud-mouth do-gooders. Now our rundown vacant strip mall gets to survive another day. The dive bar and liquor store remain. The only difference is now the parcel of land has Ďstinkí on it that will deter other developers. Good work.
     

  19. #6419
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    12,810
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Get Your Grump on Thursdays - Was (What's chapping my @ss today?)

    Quote Originally Posted by Daltex View Post
    My neighborhood is transitional. About 3-4 blocks away, in the direction of less transition, a developer purchased a large parcel of land (the largest piece was an old vacant strip mall). The developer planned a large mixed use development, mostly living plus retail with a large grocery store as the anchor. This land is directly across from a new-ish light rail station. Perfect right? The development would have also replaced a dive bar & a liquor store. The city was on board, the developer purchased the land & was 100% green light. All good news right? A neighborhood group starting making demands of the developer, not necessarily a bad thing. At one point several neighborhood meetings with the developer took place. These meetings began as informational meetings, but quickly devolved into a shit-show of unreasonable demands. As a result, the developer puts the project on hold. Now several months later, the project has been killed by the developer. Thank you loud-mouth do-gooders. Now our rundown vacant strip mall gets to survive another day. The dive bar and liquor store remain. The only difference is now the parcel of land has ‘stink’ on it that will deter other developers. Good work.
    This is not a loaded question but I'm curious what the demands of the local residents were?
    La Cheeserie!

  20. #6420
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Laahndan town
    Posts
    2,312
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Get Your Grump on Thursdays - Was (What's chapping my @ss today?)

    First time in 50+ years I broke a bone........hit a kerb did a somersault and broke my collar bone........

    Triarge nurse asked me why I was riding my bike after dark.......��
    Real World persona : Andy Corso

Similar Threads

  1. Today at the LBS...
    By dsb in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 70
    Last Post: 08-31-2011, 02:25 AM
  2. Had an awesome day today
    By Honus in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-30-2011, 06:33 PM
  3. And Today is......
    By gearguywb in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-01-2011, 10:40 AM
  4. Days like today....
    By TJ in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 10-31-2010, 03:14 AM
  5. this was at my door today
    By DCT in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-06-2010, 09:37 AM

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •