User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Disinformation and misinformation...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Disinformation and misinformation...

Quote Originally Posted by dashDustin View Post
    i wonder how many years it spanned. i can absolutely see him saying this sort of thing to potential investors decades ago.
    as long as hes been doing deals. when you make your living as a con man, you use what tools you have.
    Matt Zilliox

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bigbill View Post
    Somewhat OT, but back in October I was attending the engineer's conference for my company. I was challenged to put alternative energy (solar) in my capital budget. I pointed out that our real estate doesn't have room for panels and the roof isn't rated to hold them. I then pointed out that we receive more than half our power from wind and solar already via the public utilities. I'm in NW Arizona, if nothing else we have sunshine and constant wind. I was just on the roof looking a leaking fixture, I could see five wind towers and a solar array. What sucks is the local community college doesn't offer any classes or certifications for electro-mechanical technicians so they have to be brought in from CA.
    Bill, how local do you have to be in order to get that generation mix? For our greenhouse gas emission reporting we use the grid mix. For the AZNM (WECC Southwest) grid, the mix is 40% natural gas, 30% coal, and 20% nuke. Only 4% wind and solar. Very close to the national average.
    Trod Harland, Physical Educator

Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring. -- Desmond Tutu

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mzilliox View Post
    as long as hes been doing deals. when you make your living as a con man, you use what tools you have.
    For some reason, my daughters were streaming old SNL episodes. I happened to watch Season 30 E 8 which was aired 12/18/2004. They had a spoof of Donald Trump doing a Christmas Promo for Apprentice. This was 12 years before becoming President. All of his oddities are there. . . Its very interesting to watch. You'd think it was filmed recently but it wasn't. That is what should scare you.

https://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-l...-promo/2750439

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thollandpe View Post
    Bill, how local do you have to be in order to get that generation mix? For our greenhouse gas emission reporting we use the grid mix. For the AZNM (WECC Southwest) grid, the mix is 40% natural gas, 30% coal, and 20% nuke. Only 4% wind and solar. Very close to the national average.
    NW AZ where I live has a natural gas plant, Hoover Dam, solar, and wind. The nuclear plant is west of Phoenix and the larger coal plant is east of Flagstaff, I know the managers of both, retired Navy guys. I'm sure we get power from outside the region, but not being a major metropolitan area and lacking a concentration of industry, we primary get power from sources within 100 miles. Next month I'm getting a capacitor bank installed on our 2500 KVA transformer output to shift the pf to .95. Part of the deal is a power monitoring panel to let me know when we have transients which are mostly due to switching to and from the solar field.
    Weight Doper

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12