User Tag List

Page 31 of 60 FirstFirst ... 212223242526272829303132333435363738394041 ... LastLast

Thread: Itís telling that thereís no Impeachment thread on VS...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default Re: Itís telling that thereís no Impeachment thread on VS...

Quote Originally Posted by Dallas Tex View Post
    This entire Ukraine thing was simply to distract attention from the amazing 2.5 year collusion fiasco that went nowhere.
    Mueller told Congress, ďTheyíre doing it as we sit here, and they expect to do it in the next campaign.Ē

ďWe have underplayed to a certain extent that aspect of our investigation.Ē To paraphrase his testimony, he said that foreign interference in our elections will do serious harm to our country and that we need to move swiftly to address it. His report should serve as a living message to those who come after us so that they (we) donít let this problem fester as it has been allowed to. Mueller warned that many more countries could do the same and stressed the urgent need for action.

He said ďI hope this is not the new normal, but I fear it is.Ē

And the very next day, the ďperfectĒ phone call was made. Just because you wonít see it doesnít mean itís not there. Or vice-versa. The emperor has no clothes.

The arc of the universe is long, but it bends toward justice. Heís already impeached. He ends up removed from office, beaten in the election, or escaping prosecution as an ex-pat in some country that wonít extradite. Itís kind of funny, but we all get a say in which way it goes. A little say.
    Trod Harland, Physical Educator

Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced. ó James Baldwin

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: It’s telling that there’s no Impeachment thread on VS...

Quote Originally Posted by marley View Post
    One would say that Corso has fallen of his rocker
    Just the facts ma'am.

He's NOT being impeached for anything Russia, because if they had proof (Mueller investigation anyone?) they would have impeached him for Russia. Any mention of Russia is simply to associate guilt where it can't be proven.

This is Plan B, plain and simple. FACT: any Russian involvement that happened did so under Obama's watch. So why is Trump to blame when he wasn't even elected yet?

Witnesses? I'm all for it! Call Rudy, call anyone and everyone. I want to hear all about the stuff Schiff claims they have-new evidence. Schiff led about having Russian facts, so I doubt he has anything solid here. Let's get the Bidens in too. After all, they are at the center of this. I want Joe to testify under oath he and Hunter never discussed anything. The Dems also wanted to hear directly from Mueller. How'd that work out?

The voting will go partisan, we all know that. SO please, spare me the "fair trial" crap.

Angry Scientist nailed it with #588 .

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Corso View Post

This is Plan B, plain and simple. FACT: any Russian involvement that happened did so under Obama's watch. So why is Trump to blame when he wasn't even elected yet?

Witnesses? I'm all for it! Call Rudy, call anyone and everyone. I want to hear all about the stuff Schiff claims they have-new evidence. Schiff led about having Russian facts, so I doubt he has anything solid here. Let's get the Bidens in too. After all, they are at the center of this. I want Joe to testify under oath he and Hunter never discussed anything. The Dems also wanted to hear directly from Mueller. How'd that work out?
    Trump is to blame for "Russan involvement" because his campaign actively solicited aid from Russian agents during the 2016 election. The man asked for Russian aid on live television for Pete's sake.

Soliciting foreign aid in an election is a crime.

It's not so much Plan B as it is picking from a pu pu platter of impeachable offenses. He's unindicted co-conspirator #1 in the campaign finance crime that Michael Cohen is currently serving time for by covering up the Stormy Daniels payments. His businesses continue to profit from foreign governments and their representatives, contravening the emoluments clause. There's serious questions about government agencies like DoD steering contracts and payments for hotel stays to Trump properties. The man won't disclose what the Secret Service is spending to protect him when onsite at his properties.

Ukraine's a crime anyone can understand. Trump used taxpayer money to pressure a foreign government to get something to benefit his campaign. It's low level mob shakedown stuff.

Ukraine is the most easily digestable, and in a lot of ways most salient case since it pertains to the upcoming 2020 election.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by theflashunc View Post
    Trump is to blame for "Russan involvement" because his campaign actively solicited aid from Russian agents during the 2016 election. The man asked for Russian aid on live television for Pete's sake.
    Please tell me your not referring to him asking Russia to look into Hillary's deleted emails.

You make a bunch of additional charges. Fair enough, let's see what can actually be proved. But again, He's not being impeached for any of those either.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guy Washburn

Photography > www.guywashburn.com

There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another theory which states that this has already happened.
    --Douglas Adams

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guy Washburn

There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another theory which states that this has already happened.
    --Douglas Adams

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good. The 'ceremony' of it coming out of the house looked like a cross between bad community theater, catholic mass, and a tacky wedding. Silver trays & souvenir pens? Really??

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good. The 'ceremony' of it coming out of the house looked like a cross between bad community theater, catholic mass, and a tacky wedding. Silver trays & souvenir pens? Really??
    You really think press access should be limited?
    "I guess you're some weird relic of an obsolete age." - davids

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guy Washburn

--Douglas Adams

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Please tell me your not referring to him asking Russia to look into Hillary's deleted emails.

You make a bunch of additional charges. Fair enough, let's see what can actually be proved. But again, He's not being impeached for any of those either.
    Yup. Just like asking the Chinese on live TV to investigate Hunter Biden.

It does not get more explicit than asking a foreign country for aid during an election on live TV.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Itís telling that thereís no Impeachment thread on VS...

Do you actually believe the Dems want a fair Ďtrialí ? I put trial in quotes because this isnít exactly a real trial in most aspects. Itís a political process.

But do you think the Dems want a fair trial? Or do they simply want to affect trump in the most negative way possible?

One last question. Do you think the the portion of the impeachment that took place in the house was run in a fair way? Because the folks running wanted a fair process as their main priority?
    I think one side is bound by an oath to defend the Constitution, and one is not, fairness be damned.

I served on a jury in a rape case. When we were impanelled the judge asked us two questions: whether we or any member of our family had been a victim of sexual abuse, and whether we could be impartial. In the eleventh hour, the foreman of the jury with whom I was having a shouting match allowed that he had been the victim of sexual abuse. Astonished, I reminded him that we had been asked two questions. He heard one.

People hear what they want to hear, and are only too willing to convict others of what they are themselves guilty of.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"The fact that the president of the United States is a criminal should be of greater concern than how the Speaker chooses to recognize the hard work of her colleagues in bringing that criminal to justice."
    - George Conway

As for tacky, may you never set foot in a Trump hotel!

Watchdog Says Trump Administration Broke Law in Withholding Ukraine Aid - The New York Times

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That it was undignified and inappropriate is irrelevant to the charges. Quit pounding the table.
    John Clay
    Tallahassee, FL
    My Framebuilding: https://www.flickr.com/photos/21624415@N04/sets

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And today the GAO releases a report the administration broke the law on withholding the Ukraine aid, and notes that administration departments failed to provide information necessary to the investigation:

White House violated the law by freezing Ukraine aid, GAO says - POLITICO

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jclay View Post
    That it was undignified and inappropriate is irrelevant to the charges. Quit pounding the table.
    Lighten up Francis.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let's get the Bidens in too. After all, they are at the center of this.
    The Bidens aren't relevant. The reason they aren't relevant is simple. To the extent there is genuine wrongdoing on the part of either of them, or to the extent that Trump actually gives a fuck about corruption, the Justice Department he controls would be working with the Federal Bureau of Investigation he controls to coordinate with the relevant official parts of the Ukrainian government to investigate the allegations. This isn't happening. It's not happening because we all know that Trump doesn't actually give a fuck about corruption nor is there evidence of actual wrongdoing on the part of either Joe or Hunter Biden.

Riddle me this - why can't Trump point to actual, government-sanctioned investigations of Joe or Hunter Biden? If either of them engaged in criminal activity, I'm all for finding out about it, and holding them to account for it. How about you?

Fact is, the Ukraine scandal is a scandal and it's a scandal because the US president has been caught red-handed engaging in illegal and unethical activity for his own personal benefit and to cheat in the 2020 election. You know this as well as I do; you're just not being honest about it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HorsCat View Post
    Fact is, the Ukraine scandal is a scandal and it's a scandal because the US president has been caught red-handed engaging in illegal and unethical activity for his own personal benefit and to cheat in the 2020 election. You know this as well as I do; you're just not being honest about it.
    You KNOW the President is guilty before the impeachment Trial, but believe the Bidens are innocent simply because there was no investigation?

Biden is on tape bragging about using pressure the Ukrainian government to fire its top prosecutor who was investigating the company his son mysteriously had a high paying board position?. What a coincidence, of all the countries in the world the 2 Bidens paths cross...and yet father and son never spoke about t

You know this as well as I do, this stinks, you're just not being honest about it.

Your premise that if there is no investigation, there is no wrong doing. Kind of naive I think.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You KNOW the President is guilty before the impeachment Trial, but believe the Bidens are innocent simply because there was no investigation?

Biden is on tape bragging about using pressure the Ukrainian government to fire its top prosecutor who was investigating the company his son mysteriously had a high paying board position?. What a coincidence, of all the countries in the world the 2 Bidens paths cross...and yet father and son never spoke about t

You know this as well as I do, this stinks, you're just not being honest about it.

Your premise that if there is no investigation, there is no wrong doing. Kind of naive I think.
    The material underlying these claims is, to use a term, crazypants. Biden asked for the firing of the prosecutor on behalf of not only the US government -- and as part of official US government foreign policy with Ukraine -- but also at the behest of the IMF.

Giuliani said that he was asked to provide the State Department with some of the evidence he had collected from Lutsenko, Shokin, and others. The dossier was sent in a plain yellow envelope that was addressed, in calligraphic letters, to “Secretary Pompeo.” The return address was “the white house.” Solomon said he wasn’t involved in the creation of the dossier and does not know why the package contained a Post-it marked “Solomon Timelines.”

One section of the dossier, dated March 28, 2019, contained particularly outlandish claims. Kent, Yovanovitch, and other officials are accused of setting up nabu in order to protect the Bidens rather than to investigate corruption. (Neither Kent nor Yovanovitch was working in Ukraine when the law establishing nabu was passed.) Hunter Biden is alleged to have had breakfast on May 26, 2015, with Deputy Secretary of State Tony Blinken to discuss Burisma. (At the time, Hunter was at the hospital bedside of his brother, who died four days later.) The section also included a memo that claimed, falsely, that the financier George Soros, a perennial target of right-wing and anti-Semitic conspiracy theorists, had “played a big role” in getting Yovanovitch nominated as Ambassador to Ukraine. “Until she is removed Soros has as much, or more, power over Yovanovitch as the President and Secretary of State,” the memo reads.
    Giuliani reached out to Fruman and arranged a phone call with Lutsenko. It was the middle of the night in Kyiv when they spoke, Lutsenko told me. Giuliani recalled, “I got pretty angry at him on the phone.” He told me that he thought Lutsenko should have brought a case against former Vice-President Biden for bribery—an idea apparently based on Biden’s threat that he would withhold a billion dollars in I.M.F. loans unless Shokin was fired.

“I said, ‘Have you ever read your goddam bribery statute?’ ” Giuliani told me. “ ‘Let me read it to you.’ ” He went on, “ ‘This takes a mental midget to do one plus two equals crime. You don’t need to be a lawyer, Yuriy, you just need to be an honest man.’ ” According to Lutsenko, Giuliani kept on repeating “bribery, bribery,” in a loud and agitated voice. Lutsenko said that he told Giuliani that the bribery assertion didn’t make any sense to him. If Giuliani was correct, then anytime a state withholds something of value from another state to get something it wants, which happens all the time, it could be accused of bribery. According to Lutsenko, Giuliani responded by saying, “I’m a lawyer, you’re not.”
    In a phone call with me on November 21st, Giuliani described some tips he was hearing from his sources in Ukraine, including allegations that a Ukrainian oligarch had made illegal campaign contributions to Hillary Clinton totalling forty million dollars, “that Biden helped to facilitate.” In addition, he said, “I was told Biden had participated in the hacking”—a reference to the penetration of Democratic National Committee computer servers in 2016, which U.S. intelligence agencies have attributed to Russia’s military intelligence agency, the G.R.U. The conspiracy theories were endless. “They may be true, they may be false,” Giuliani said of the rumors.
    The Ukrainian Prosecutor Behind Trump’s Impeachment | The New Yorker

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here are some true facts about the Bidens, Burisma, and the Ukraine.

Hunter Biden joined the board of Burisma after being discharged from the Navy for drug use. He had no experience with either the region or industry. It certainly seems as though his appointment was an attempt by Burisma to curry influence with VP Biden. And it reflects really poorly on Hunter that he did this.

There is no evidence that Joe Biden tried to protect Burisma. In fact, in his role as Vice President, he pushed Ukraine to dismiss the prosecutor, Victor Shokin, who (despite his vows to the contrary) let the Burisma investigation go dormant. Once Shokin was fired, VP Biden took credit for pressuring Ukraine to dismiss Shokin by withholding US loans from the country. This was the stated foreign policy of the US government: Use our financial leverage to get Ukraine to fight domestic corruption, in this case by pursuing an investigation of Burisma, the company on whose board Hunter Biden served.

It's exactly the opposite of what you (and our President) claim. VP Biden is bragging about pressuring the Ukrainian government to fire its top prosecutor who was failing to investigate the company whose board his son had been appointed to.

Also, VP Biden is bragging about his role in executing the stated foreign policy of our government. Contrast this to our president; who pressured the Ukrainian government to pursue a made-up investigation (see above) to benefit his re-election campaign, who withheld funds allocated by our legislative branch in an attempt to further his personal political interests.

I feel reasonably certain that President Trump is guilty before the impeachment trial. I feel this way based on the compelling testimony and copious evidence presented during the House's impeachment proceedings.

I hope that even more testimony and evidence will come to our attention during the impeachment trial. I am open to the possibility that their will be mitigating evidence. But based on the president's behavior so far, I am very skeptical.
    GO!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lighten up Francis.
    Give Glenn a pass on that one. After all it is reenactment of a process which precedes all of us several times over. If they wore wigs and had wooden teeth it might have been even more so ;)

Dewds, we can still laugh...until we cry.