User Tag List

Page 21 of 59 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425262728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: Itís telling that thereís no Impeachment thread on VS...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Christmas Truce?

Quote Originally Posted by King Of Dirk View Post
    During the winter of 1914, German, British and French troops in Flanders stopped shooting for a little while around Christmas. Soliders exchanged chocolates, cognac, coffee, cigarettes, and even engaged in football games.

For Pete's sake, people, give it a rest for a few hour.

May the god of your choice bless you. If your choice is "none," may fortune smile upon you.
    John McCutcheon does one of my favorite Christmas songs about this. It should be required listening just for the last verse. If someone can post a link I would be grateful.

Mike
    Mike Noble

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Itís telling that thereís no Impeachment thread on VS...

You can't just read the words. You have to go a watch the videos. 1)On Impeachment night(Impeachment is forever.. No refunds, no returns, no exchanges) the rant about the Dingells and further insanity about showers and toilets. His shit doesn't need 15 flushes, it's the zoo monkeys in his crowd that does, he says. 2) On the weekend he displayed his knowledge about windmills. Go look at those videos. Any functioning adult would ask: What is wrong with his brain? What drugs is he on? How high was his fever?

Facts goobers believe:
    1)The Clinton's killed Vince Foster
    2)Thousands of mooslims were cheering in NYC on 9/11
    3)B. Hussein Obama was born in Kenya
    4) Hillary had a child sex ring in the basement of a pizza parlor
    5) Chocolate milk comes from brown cows
    6) B. Hussein Obama is a mooslim.
    7) Mexicans are paying for the wall
    8) TrumpCare is the best health system anywhere

Oh, well. The best economy that 2 trillion in NEW debt can buy.

hussein

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dallas Tex View Post
    Trump has reached the highest levels of success in three of the most competitive fields in our world...[snip]...there is no way a reasonable person could honestly call him an ignoramus.
    Since neither real estate development, television entertainment, nor politics have ever even claimed to be a meritocracy much less demonstrated empirically that intelligence was a prerequisite for success in the field, you're conclusion doesn't hold water.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Glenn,

Trump is absolutely an "ignoramus," which is defined as an "ignorant or stupid person." I have never and would never classify Trump as "stupid." But ignorant? Absolutely. See, e.g.,:

“Hillary wanted to put up wind. Wind! If you have a windmill anywhere near your house, congratulations, your house just went down 75 percent in value. And they say the noise causes cancer. You tell me that one, okay?"
    - DJT

How about his desire to buy Greenland?

There are so many examples of Trump's monumental ignorance it would take hours to catalogue them. That Trump is ignorant - and thus an "ignoramus" - is not a subject for debate. It is a bona fide fact.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Ross View Post
    Since neither real estate development, television entertainment, nor politics have ever even claimed to be a meritocracy much less demonstrated empirically that intelligence was a prerequisite for success in the field, you're conclusion doesn't hold water.
    You may need to google the meaning of 'meritocracy'. Last I checked I check the shows/entertainers that succeed in televsion are the ones with the ability to produce high ratings. The folks that succeed in Real Estate are the ones that make the long term profit. And the folks that succeed in politics are the ones with greatest ability to get elected.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Trump's election - like Obama's before him - was a black swan event, the result of a confluence of unique factors that aren't likely to be repeated (Trump as incumbent is a different story). Absent two failed wars, a massive economic fallout, and Sarah Palin as veep, America doesn't elect a black man. Absent Russian interference, a successful 30 year propaganda campaign against Hillary, America's first black president, and an utterly shameless media phenom, Trump doesn't get elected.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm trying not to engage in this thread, but it has to be said:

White, wealthy male = huge advantage in real estate (lets you buy important properties from other white and wealthy folks, makes you a name to be used to influence others to buy important properties), entertainment (parlays your name, which is based on your wealth, into ratings), and politics (names and wealth matter much more than ability, sadly).

A man was born into privilege and took advantage of it in the most obvious ways possible. His intelligence is another matter.
    Dan Fuller, local bicycle enthusiast

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You may need to google the meaning of 'meritocracy'. Last I checked I check the shows/entertainers that succeed in televsion are the ones with the ability to produce high ratings. The folks that succeed in Real Estate are the ones that make the long term profit. And the folks that succeed in politics are the ones with greatest ability to get elected.
    Politicians represent responsability, honesty and justice. Those three words have very little to do w/ success in entertainment and neither real state: lots of con artists doing well.
    I came here for the socks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HorsCat View Post
    Glenn,

Trump is absolutely an "ignoramus," which is defined as an "ignorant or stupid person." I have never and would never classify Trump as "stupid." But ignorant? Absolutely. See, e.g.,:

“Hillary wanted to put up wind. Wind! If you have a windmill anywhere near your house, congratulations, your house just went down 75 percent in value. And they say the noise causes cancer. You tell me that one, okay?"
    - DJT

How about his desire to buy Greenland?

There are so many examples of Trump's monumental ignorance it would take hours to catalogue them. That Trump is ignorant - and thus an "ignoramus" - is not a subject for debate. It is a bona fide fact.
    Definition of ignoramus per Meriam-Webster: an utterly ignorant person : DUNCE

I think most reasonable people that are being honest with themselves wouldn't believe that an utterly ignorant dunce could outplay both entrenched political parties, and a system set up to prevent 'outsiders' from getting elected, to get themselves elected the leader of the free world.

You have a definite right to disagree, you have a definite right to your opinion, and you also have a right to pretend that your opinion is fact.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by colker View Post
    Politicians represent responsability, honesty and justice.
    In what universe? The measure of success for politicians is the ability to get elected. That's why politicians spend most of everyday fundraising.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think most reasonable people that are being honest with themselves wouldn't believe that an utterly ignorant dunce could outplay both entrenched political parties, and a system set up to prevent 'outsiders' from getting elected, to get themselves elected the leader of the free world.

You have a definite to disagree, you have a definite right to your opinion, and you also have a right to pretend that your opinion is fact.
    Not only i believe an ignorant/liar/con man can be elected but there is plenty of world history backing up the belief. Given the right circumstance= perfect storm, all you need is a charismatic figure playing the resentment of a frustrated public. Dozens of political tragedies similar to the description.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The measure of success for politicians is the ability to get elected. That's why politicians spend most of everyday fundraising.
    Thatīs only the opening act. If the politician fails in leading societythrough trouble and challenge, he is gone. Thatīs what impeachment is for: to get rid of politicians incapable of facing the challenge. Congress represents the people when the president no longer does...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You have a definite right to disagree, you have a definite right to your opinion, and you also have a right to pretend that your opinion is fact.
    Even a clinical idiot can be elected president if there are enough frustrated voters buying an anti republican, anti science, anti education stance. Thatīs what happened in Brasil in 2018.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In what universe? The measure of success for politicians is the ability to get elected. That's why politicians spend most of everyday fundraising.
    thats your measure of success for a politician. you think ratings and electablity measure success, i think they measure a failure of the system as it could be. mine measure of success is how much they help their constuents, all of them. mine is how much honor there is in their service, and how much they improve our country with regards to current challenges. thats the bar i hold for politicians, that others dont expect this from their elected officials seems a potential probelm to solve here. It seems we the voters have a problem here if this is the outlook from a portion voters. People have stopped voting for those who would serve them and instead vote for the most popular? makes no sense if we are being honest. maybe this is why we have a faux reality TV president who doesnt serve us, or the majority of Americans, but instead serves the few and the rich and the white?

do you think your elected officials are meant to serve everyone? all of the citizens of this country?

abd cmon, i cant take anyone seriously who doesnt by now after watching attempts to speak think trump is a moron. dishwashers? toilets? the sound of wind causes cancer? you need an id to go shopping? the guy is absolutely ignorant of much. to pretend otherwise is to completely ignore him. maybe thats why you guys can stomach the guy, you arent actually paying attention?
    Matt Zilliox

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Glenn,

I think most reasonable people that are being honest with themselves would agree that, as a matter of fact, Trump is every one of the things I have said he is. Fact is, a monumentally ignorant low info voter got himself elected* POTUS. It is hard to believe, but it is true, and it will be a permanent stain on American democracy (not the first, I'll add).

I don't think you're being reasonable or honest in this discussion. (That's an opinion, by the way.)

* With an assist.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Even a clinical idiot can be elected president if there are enough frustrated voters buying an anti republican, anti science, anti education stance. Thatīs what happened in Brasil in 2018.
    the founding fathers warned of the very thing, thus the lawful ability of the house to impeach. ive already put the federalst hamilton quote here, i assume thats not been absorbed?

and glenn, your quest is hilarious. yes, i voted for 3 republicans in the last local election here because they ran a better platform and were more in line with my views. im not a homer, i vote for humanity, and if the republican party ever decides to actually uphold conservative values like honesty, integrity, and low budget defeictiswith responsible and critical spending, then i will consider a republican. I will most likely be voting for a moderate democrat if possible. so there you have it, i vote the way that makes sense for humanity, all of it, not to preserve my identity, which is completely unimportant in politics. the point of all this is not to help me, its to help create a better society for each and every American, and right now you will have a hard time arguing Trump is making the majority of humans lives better, and that is why he has so many enemies. its not some democrat consipracy, its not a false new world order, its not a bunch of snowflakes whining (you loved that article, remember), and you guys know this at your core, you really do. there is push back against Trump precisely because he is dangerous and foolish to the majority of citizens. he is unliked, and unfit to govern America, period, he doesnt represetn us at all. you guys dont even like him, you just find him strong, because he sticks it to someone, and immigration/economy.

still not acknowldging actual facts either, like lying about korean nuclear weapons, lying about a china deal to sway the market and stealing fomr charity. adress these facts if you dont like the ignoramus one. stop picking the easiest battles
    Matt Zilliox

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: It’s telling that there’s no Impeachment thread on VS...

LOL! First hit I got when I Googled "meritocracy" included this quote:

"In a government based on meritocracy, the leaders are chosen because they are the smartest and have best judgment. They can come from the poorest, most humble background just as long as they are the most noble and fit to rule."

meritocracy - Dictionary Definition : Vocabulary.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Presidents are impeached for commiting "crimes of responsability". A president is not necessarily a highly educated individual but his obligation is to listen to those who are; otherwise he is being irresponsible. It does not matter if his voters donīt like science or disagree w/ republican values because a president rules over the entire nation. Congress represents the nation and if it believes the president is not responsible, honest or fair enough.. he is gone. Thatīs the math.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thatīs only the opening act. If the politician fails in leading societythrough trouble and challenge, he is gone. Thatīs what impeachment is for: to get rid of politicians incapable of facing the challenge. Congress represents the people when the president no longer does...
    reason here, its like some refuse to take the next step in the thought process, just see the surface of things. at one point trump was lauded here by one of these fellas because he gets "ratings". as if our president exists for our entertainment. oh, im entertained to be sure, but i dont want to be entertained, i want to completely forget about the human in the office, like we all did the previous 8 years, because things werre actually pretty fair and easy for the majority, not just a few.

ill leave with this thought from Upton Sinclair that seemed a bit poingant to me today
    “It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends upon his not understanding it.”
    Matt Zilliox

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by guido View Post
    So other than the complete factual inaccuracy about your attempt to slime Warren, What words did I put in your mouth?
    I never compared Warren's LIE to anything or Trumps, yet you chose to propose her lie was less than all of his- insinuating that I dismissed his lies. Read what you wrote.

Oh by the way:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...test-is-wrong/

So why has she removed her DNA results from her website and apologized about it? Never mind, People without blinders know what she did and why.

Your defense of Warren is exactly what I'm talking about when it comes to party loyalty. But this is an impeachment thread, I'll keep my powder dry on Warren for the future.