Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thursday Bicycles

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Thursday Bicycles

Here is a blast. I made this bike for my great-nephew who is 5 YO and showing promise as a BMX racer. He oputgrew the 16' wheel bike I made him so I followed up with a 20" "Fallen Angel" mini. Decided to badge it as a "Vida Loca" 'cause it has a lot of expensive BMX stuff on it - the budget BMX forks and equipt were sold out and I was hesitant to put this kid on a 5-piece brazed-up fork. So the lucky kid gets a SuperCross CF fork on a Vida Loca frame. You can compare it with the original Dirt Rag bike below.

jn

"Thursday"

vidalocaX2a.jpg vidalocaX2 (4).jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here is another 20" mini I made for my youngest granddaughter. I asked her if she wanted to paint and she was all over that so I shot a black epoxy primer coat, put on the "decals" and bought a bunch of small bottles of acrylic at Blick'sart supplies in Portland. Took the whole thing to Idaho where she and her sister painted hell out of it. I took it back and shot a clearcoat over, then set the bike up. The girls stopped by with their mom and dad coming back from a road trip and picked the bike up. It actually looks pretty cool, and of course the kid loves it.

noelles_20 (1).jpg

noelles_20 (4).jpg

noelles_20 (3).jpg

She got right on it and started jamming up and down our street

noelle_new_bike (4).jpg

jn

"Thursday"

And he older sister had to take a run. She is outgrowing the last bike I made her and think the next one might be a 24'-er

noelle_new_bike (3).jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I satrted making these kid BMX bikes years ago, and saw at least two of those children become consistent winners once they had a bike that worked for them. I built them with butted chrome-moly tubing and set them up with race-quality equipment, Good brakes, wheels with sealed bearing hubs, bars that wouldn't bend or break in a crash. The bikes were not cheap, but I sweetened the deal by offering to buy them back at 50% trade-in on a new one when the kid outgrew the bike. No one ever took me up on it! I think the kids would not give them up, or maybe they got handed down.

Here is the web page for the "Fallen Angel" bikes.

https://thursdaybicycles.com/bicycle...en_angels.html

The more adults I know and the longer I know them, the more I like kids.

jn

"Thursday"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12