Page 87 of 87 FirstFirst ... 7778798081828384858687
Results 1,721 to 1,731 of 1731

Thread: Richard Sachs Cycles

Better to be ruined than to be silent atmo.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Richard Sachs Cycles

Narrow

There’s a wide line between the conceptual and the execution. A gap. That space between what you have in mind and the result you get. Once you touch pen to paper, or hand to metal, or – all bets are off. If a maker has a real job, not just a life of play as it may seem from the outside sill, it’s to take what’s on the bench, and the ideal he walks through the door with each time he begins again, and wed them. If years have given me any gift at all, it’s the curse of looking at all of it and wondering what it takes to tame the beast. And it is a curse. Because accepting less than what you dream about is a compromise. And the gift of the curse is that it feeds the hunger to try again, again.

All This By Hand

Post Thanks / Like

Okay just one more before I put this back on the lift and start trimming wires and removing all the drool.

A 54cm road unit. PegoRichie tubing. Richie-Issimo lugs, bottom bracket shell, and 1.0 fork crown. RS Piccoli Gioielli front and rear dropouts. Campagnolo Record 11 throughout. Challenge Elite 700 X 25mm tubulars. Cole Wheels. Selle San Marco Aspide racing saddle. Cinelli Dinamo stem and 'bars, and Neos seatpost. Cane Creek 110 Classic headset.

Color matched to Pantone seven thousand something-or-other with 4296 head tube panel. Graphics by House Industries.

So many Builder's Balls so little time.

All This By Hand

#brandonneuring
    #hauteframebuilding
    #neverfuckingrelent

Post Thanks / Like

nice color !

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

This Is Now

I left the red thing behind in 2012 but still do some paint work that looks red from the shop window. The scheme we did beginning in 1982, the one on many thousands of RS frames – well, that’s history. There are times I look at some of the versions, particularly those from the in-between years, and wonder, “Uh. What was I thinking?” But by the end, those last few seasons before I pulled the plug, I considered the colors, the art, and the execution so evolved that it matured to a level I knew could be taken no further. So now, but now when a client asks for red paint in any shade that is red, when that’s the work order, and it comes back looking different than anything from that 31 year window in which things looked the same, but really weren’t the same at all but looked the same because unless all several thousand were actually lined up next to each other you’d never believe me – but really, they were all quite different from each other…so now, when we do a frame with red paint whether red red, or light red, or dark red, or Bahama Mama red, and it’s a post-2012 version of red with the graphics that House Industries created, I like it, all of it, so much better than anything at all. Anything.

All This By Hand

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by e-RICHIE View Post
    Great color combo

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by e-RICHIE View Post
    So pumped!
    Jason Henkle
    flickr
    instagram

Post Thanks / Like

... time is measured in file strokes; bends are aligned visually and calibrated with muscle memory; radiant heat on
    a cheek sets the brazing temperature; and alignment is part mechanical, part alchemy and mostly experience.

more here -

Richard Sachs: Celebrating a Five-Year Collaboration - House Industries