Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Richard Sachs Cycles

Bobbe Sachs, Ale-ha Ha-sholom.
    (may she rest in peace)

Post Thanks / Like

Richard_

I feel badly about your loss....

I lost my Mom 25 years ago but each day I think of her and the lessons she thought me....

One of the last things she said to me was "keep your pecker up" its an old English expression meaning keep your chin up, when I think of that it makes me laugh and puts a smile on my face. It was my Mom whom could find the good in an otherwise very dark day.

So Richard I say to you "keep your pecker up"

Kirk Jackson

Post Thanks / Like

I lost mine last year. Even though it was a blessing for all of us, it is sort of hard dealing with the passage of time and parents. Sounds like you had a great relationship and hold many memories together. Best wishes Mr. Richard.

Better to be ruined than to be silent atmo.
    Post Thanks / Like

Reset

A conversation begins soon. A language I know but can’t speak. Grasp one word or phrase at a time. Not to be fluent. Only to exist. Comfortably. So I can get around. Get what I need. To move forward. And from right to left. To never let go of what’s behind me. Where I came from.

All This By Hand

Better to be ruined than to be silent atmo.
    Post Thanks / Like

The Force

There comes a time in every maker’s daily work when the anxiety level rises to the point of screaming. Maybe the words are: “What do I have to do to get to the next level?” After ten years at the bench, my thought bubbles included these. After twenty years, my hands picked up the tools and tried. Started trying. I didn’t have a place to go. I wanted to leave where I was. I convinced myself of this. Where was next? Start imagining. Grab parts. Files. Channel some inner craftsman who doesn’t exist. And force him out.

In 1992, this is what force looked like. Some parts that never were finished. Because they are finished. Years spent looking for lines and curves that moved every time I got close enough to believe I was there. Finally there. The harder I tried, the more the results stayed in the shadows. Until I finally stopped trying. And when I did, a light appeared.

We all come to work with a different vision. After so many years, I’ve forgotten what mine is. But it’s a lot easier to see it now.

All This By Hand