Page 8 of 46 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 906

Thread: Gaulzetti Cicli

  1. #141
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    4,687
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Gaulzetti Cicli

    I'd like to have a beer with jerk in Austin. Perhaps share a beer.

    or maybe un verre du vin rouge.

    what kind of beer does the jerk prefer?

    Don't feel like searching, but I seem to recall that you're an operations manager at IBC, correct? Do your customers know your past, as it relates to bicycles, or do you prefer to keep that under wraps for the most part?

    Favorite Die Antwoord tune?
     

  2. #142
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    3,332
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Gaulzetti Cicli

    hi bill-
    that's the really nice part about PF30 versus BB30. The tolerances don't need to be nearly as tight. We source our pf30 shells from Paragon Machine works and the bearing bore is finished to size within a tolerance of + - .005 which is close enough to make sure everything fits together well. we don't need to do any reaming post welding.
    thanks,
    craig
    Last edited by jerk; 10-12-2010 at 11:44 AM.
     

  3. #143
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    3,332
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Gaulzetti Cicli

    hi dustin-

    my favorite beer in the whole world is jupiler. my least favorite beer in the whole world is stella artois. but bad beer is sorta like bad sex. generally, i drink cheap domestic pilsners from a bottle. although i also like duvel and english bitters. it's embarrasing to say, but nostalgia informs most of my beer sensibilities. i like certain beers because i associate certain times and experiences with each beer.

    i love jupiler because that was my beer when i lived in belgium. i drink pbr and it reminds me of being a poor college kid trying to play bad noise muzak. i like budweiser because thats what my dad and uncles and would and do drink while they fix shit. i like duvel because my pal nico drank it and always had one for me. etc. etc.

    most bike shop customers want you to talk about them and their riding not your own i have discovered.

    all the die antwoord tunes are super zef.
     

  4. #144
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Stumptown
    Posts
    2,187
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Gaulzetti Cicli

    From AB's Jupiler web site.
    "Jupiler has an outspoken image of masculinity, courage and adventure. Furthermore, Jupiler understands men like no other brand and shares their best moments. This combination of male bonding, self-confidence and self-relativation, speaks to all men and makes Jupiler an ally on their road through life.

    Jupiler is the official sponsor of the highest Belgian football division, the Jupiler League, and also supports the Belgian national football team. Just like football, Jupiler is all about competence and ruggedness, effort and effort reward, team spirit and... festivity!"

    I'm with you on the beer drinking. I drink different brands for different memories.

    Ok here's the question....

    Do you have plans on sponsoring a regional, or otherwise, road team?
     

  5. #145
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    3,332
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Gaulzetti Cicli

    Quote Originally Posted by lavi View Post
    From AB's Jupiler web site.
    "Jupiler has an outspoken image of masculinity, courage and adventure. Furthermore, Jupiler understands men like no other brand and shares their best moments. This combination of male bonding, self-confidence and self-relativation, speaks to all men and makes Jupiler an ally on their road through life.

    Jupiler is the official sponsor of the highest Belgian football division, the Jupiler League, and also supports the Belgian national football team. Just like football, Jupiler is all about competence and ruggedness, effort and effort reward, team spirit and... festivity!"

    I'm with you on the beer drinking. I drink different brands for different memories.

    Ok here's the question....

    Do you have plans on sponsoring a regional, or otherwise, road team?
    funny. i thought jupiler was just flemish for "wife beater". my mistake.

    re: teams...we equipped the embrocation team in 2009 and that was a great experience for me and really gave me alot of valuable feedback on the bikes. look for another regional effort in 2011 in conjunction with luxe wheelworks. i am a firm believer in racing improving the breed and would love to one day equip a continental team.
    thanks!
    craig
     

  6. #146
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    1,592
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Gaulzetti Cicli

    Quote Originally Posted by jerk View Post
    i like certain beers because i associate certain times and experiences with each beer...[snip]...i drink pbr and it reminds me of being a poor college kid trying to play bad noise muzak.
    I fcuking love you, man.
     

  7. #147
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    3,332
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Gaulzetti Cicli

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Ross View Post
    I fcuking love you, man.
    i love you too.
    Attached Images Attached Images
     

  8. #148
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Freeport Maine
    Posts
    594
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Gaulzetti Cicli

    Craig, While I would love to sit down and chat with you about your past racing adventures... what I really need to know is, did you get into any of the sour funk bomb beers while in Belgium? If so, what's your favorite example in the US? Thanks-Chris

  9. #149
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    44
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Gaulzetti Cicli

    Craig,
    I heard that you were planning on doing a 1.5" headtube on the frames. Is this true? Furthermore, if someone wanted a frame with a standard 1 1/8" headtube or a tapered, would you do that? Thanks.
     

  10. #150
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    3,332
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Gaulzetti Cicli

    I just typed this response and Iphone killed it sorry! but good question nic. going forward, all the alloy bikes'll have 1 1/2 headtubes. these not only look right compared to the rest of the oversize pipes, but also allows the use of any fork- inch and an eigth, inch and an eigth to mch and a quarter taper, inch and an eigth to inch and a half taper or anything else with availble cups from cane creek and chris king. because f this versatility- I see no reason to offer another option for the alloy bikes. tapered headtubes are only available in fxd lengths which doesn't work for made to order bikes which require a multitude of availbe headtube lengths.

    I have no plans to move away from one inch headtubes for the steel bikes- and without you offering a compelling reason to change things with the carbon bike- we'll do what you say there. I really, really do like the new tapered deda fork btw. plus tapered forks pass the euro impact tests- which is important to me.
     

  11. #151
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    11,559
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Gaulzetti Cicli

    How do you fit your customers? Do many of them visit you? Or send contact points?
     

  12. #152
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    4,687
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Gaulzetti Cicli

    Cross bike is pretty sexy. Is it a sure thing, or a one-off? Your road bikes seem to be built to be raced. Hard. Same thing go for the cross bike or are you taking a little more relaxed approach to the frame?
     

  13. #153
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,356
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Gaulzetti Cicli

    Craig,

    Any plans to or possibility of making a light, chuckable, hardtail aluminum MTB frame under the Gaulzetti brand? Something akin to the old Kleins that had beautiful offroad liveliness through the oversized aluminum tubing?

    Just curious.
     

  14. #154
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    3,332
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Gaulzetti Cicli

    Quote Originally Posted by Saab2000 View Post
    How do you fit your customers? Do many of them visit you? Or send contact points?
    most of my customers are not on their first bike and are pretty dialed in regarding their position. in general, i take this information, or justin takes this information and then i design a bike around it...more often than not it ends up being a stock geometry. if someone needs something differnent, we work through it. at the end of the day i build race bikes that i know are going to ride right and i'm not a proponent of grand deviation from simple geometries and designs that i know first hand will work. i am always open to fitting an athlete- but fit is not bike design. of cxourse i am always happy to meet my clients in person- elthough justin sees alot more of'em than i do.

    craig/jerk
     

  15. #155
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    3,332
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Gaulzetti Cicli

    Quote Originally Posted by marcelia View Post
    Craig,

    Any plans to or possibility of making a light, chuckable, hardtail aluminum MTB frame under the Gaulzetti brand? Something akin to the old Kleins that had beautiful offroad liveliness through the oversized aluminum tubing?

    Just curious.
    yup... but think more along the lines of a world cup cross country 26" hardtail that can be beat to shit, re-cabelled and cleaned and be good as new....a corsa for the dirt if you will. more julien absalon than adam craig if you get my drift
     

  16. #156
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    3,332
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Gaulzetti Cicli

    Quote Originally Posted by -Dustin View Post
    Cross bike is pretty sexy. Is it a sure thing, or a one-off? Your road bikes seem to be built to be raced. Hard. Same thing go for the cross bike or are you taking a little more relaxed approach to the frame?

    the cross bike is available for purchase and is solely a race bike.... it'll suck at pretty much anything other than going balls out for an hour plus on a cross course at "a" race tempo.
     

  17. #157
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Medford, OR
    Posts
    353
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Gaulzetti Cicli

    Quote Originally Posted by jerk View Post
    hi dustin-

    my favorite beer in the whole world is jupiler. my least favorite beer in the whole world is stella artois. but bad beer is sorta like bad sex. generally, i drink cheap domestic pilsners from a bottle. although i also like duvel and english bitters. it's embarrasing to say, but nostalgia informs most of my beer sensibilities. i like certain beers because i associate certain times and experiences with each beer.

    i love jupiler because that was my beer when i lived in belgium. i drink pbr and it reminds me of being a poor college kid trying to play bad noise muzak. i like budweiser because thats what my dad and uncles and would and do drink while they fix shit. i like duvel because my pal nico drank it and always had one for me. etc. etc.

    most bike shop customers want you to talk about them and their riding not your own i have discovered.

    all the die antwoord tunes are super zef.
    Thanks for summing up a lot of the same reasons I drink the beers I do, but have been unable to articulate why. Oly and Miller High Life 'cause that's what my dad and grandpa did, Duvel because on a trip to Holland at 17 it was the first time I ever shared a beer with my old man and also my older brother. Sessions because it reminds me of the stubby Raniers my other grandpa used to drink and Snow Cap because it reminds me of drinking it with my fellow shop rats at the bar around the corner from the first shop I ever worked at. Thanks.
     

  18. #158
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,216
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Gaulzetti Cicli

    When can we look forward to seeing the Gen 2 Corsa? I'm really fascinated with 1.5" headtube. Is this a first for a road bike? I know I can't think of another. I'm also guessing the headset will remain external?
     

  19. #159
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    3,332
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Gaulzetti Cicli

    Quote Originally Posted by TRuss View Post
    When can we look forward to seeing the Gen 2 Corsa? I'm really fascinated with 1.5" headtube. Is this a first for a road bike? I know I can't think of another. I'm also guessing the headset will remain external?
    there's a giant batch being built up as we speak. the changes are more of an evolution than a revolution. i'm doing a 1.5" headtube which will use standard external headsets. the advantages here, beyond aesthetically matching the girth of the down and top tubes, is to allow the use of any and all fork standards. i can spec an 1 1/8th steel steerer tubed fork if that's appropriate for the athlete, i can spec a tapered fork if that makes sense- and i can meet all the stringent euro requirements- plus i've never, ever felt a bike was too stiff in the front end.

    other changes are the inclusion of a di2 option. the battery will be mounted on the isp and all the cabling will be internal.

    other neat-o shit going on here is that we're sending a bike out to mr. bill strickland to get tested and throttled for bicycling magazine- we're putting linnea koons on a corsa for a rapha photoshoot that should appear in bicycling magazine- and all future issimos are going to made out of spx tubing.


    the last thing is a joke.

    craig
     

  20. #160
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,216
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Gaulzetti Cicli

    Wow! This all sounds really cool. Thanks.

    And I was definitely a little confused when I first read the last comment.
     

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •