User Tag List

Page 43 of 48 FirstFirst ... 33343536373839404142434445464748 LastLast
Results 841 to 860 of 946

Thread: Gaulzetti Cicli

  1. #841
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,473
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Gaulzetti Cicli

    It's hard for thee to kick against the pricks.
     

  2. #842
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    630
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Gaulzetti Cicli

    The Cazzo is the bike that has me intrigued right now (Umm, along with Zanconato's tig'd 29ers, if I'm honest). Are they still a pretty fringe item, versus the Corsa? My Responsorium was the bike that really opened my eyes to the potential of a modern bike built with modern steel. I imagine it to be a frame that's not quite as aggressive as my Corsa, but just as capable under full chat. So yeah, let's hear about Cazzos!
     

  3. #843
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    bay area
    Posts
    401
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Gaulzetti Cicli

    hey craig and james,
    there was talk of a refurb program over in the gallery section. is that something that you are putting together? what would be involved?
    i may swap out the og ag fork for an enve 2.0. that may mean getting the fork painted or having the whole frame resprayed as it probably needs it.
    anything else?
    thanks!
    j
     

  4. #844
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Asheville, NC
    Posts
    3,452
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Gaulzetti Cicli

    I'm not craig or james... but you should be able to send your frame to any painter and get that work done. Circle-A is the OE painter...they have all the artwork files, they do great work...why not start there?
    laughter has no foreign accent.

  5. #845
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    bay area
    Posts
    401
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Gaulzetti Cicli

    yeah, that's what i figured i would do when the time comes. james just posted something that caught my attention and was a bit curious.
    maybe i just stumbled halfway into an inside joke..... keep it simple always works for me.
    j
     

  6. #846
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Fort Lauderdale
    Posts
    5,759
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Gaulzetti Cicli

    Quote Originally Posted by jim d View Post
    yeah, that's what i figured i would do when the time comes. james just posted something that caught my attention and was a bit curious.
    maybe i just stumbled halfway into an inside joke..... keep it simple always works for me.
    j
    I've inquired to James a couple of times about a repaint and he said my needs matched what they were calling the "refurb program". He said they were putting together the details and I'm sure it will come after NAHBS. I'm wanting a repaint soon - the sparkly green paint could be renamed Poncharello.

    I'm sure I could also just go straight to Circle-A as well - but what fun is that?
    Auk's words to live by:
    Blow up and pin a picture of M. Bartoli on your wall. When you achieve that position, stop. Until then, stretch, ride, stretch, ride, eat less, and ride more.

  7. #847
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    bay area
    Posts
    401
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Gaulzetti Cicli

    awesome. thanks. i will keep my eyes open......

    Quote Originally Posted by velobran View Post
    I've inquired to James a couple of times about a repaint and he said my needs matched what they were calling the "refurb program". He said they were putting together the details and I'm sure it will come after NAHBS. I'm wanting a repaint soon - the sparkly green paint could be renamed Poncharello.

    I'm sure I could also just go straight to Circle-A as well - but what fun is that?
     

  8. #848
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    306
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Gaulzetti Cicli

    I had intended to get this done this week, but NAHBS is taking all my time... Will post the details on the website shortly and will make sure to link through over here.

  9. #849
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    4,197
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Gaulzetti Cicli

    Oh, hey guys! a 60cm Corsa frame with an un-cut seatmast weighs 1320 grams.

    thanks,
    c
    bamboo, aluminum, wood.

    My name is Craig Gaulzetti.

    www.summercycles.com

    www.gaulzetti.co

  10. #850
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Aix-en-Provence
    Posts
    10,301
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Gaulzetti Cicli

    Quote Originally Posted by jerk View Post
    Oh, hey guys! a 60cm Corsa frame with an un-cut seatmast weighs 1320 grams.

    thanks,
    c
    Craig, thanks for the info. Appreciate it. Good weight BTW.
     

  11. #851
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Otahuhu, New Zealand
    Posts
    421
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Gaulzetti Cicli

    Quote Originally Posted by jerk View Post
    Oh, hey guys! a 60cm Corsa frame with an un-cut seatmast weighs 1320 grams.

    thanks,
    c
    What about a 60cm Cazzo?
    I need to know how much more it will cost to get to 6.8kg.
    David Benson

  12. #852
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    333
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Gaulzetti Cicli

    Quote Originally Posted by jerk View Post
    good question. honestly, i would have partnered with a dealer/distributor earlier. working with justin has made things a lot easier. in regards to design, i would have made the chainstays just a little bit longer on the first embrocation team bikes. they rode perfectly, but given the size of my seat tube and a mistake i made blueprinting my drop-out, clearances in the back of those first bikes were a little tight.
    Would the proposed refurb program address this issue at all? I would love a bit more clearance back there. Let me know and I'll drop it off at the booth.
    (Sorry for dredging up an old post -- #40.)
     

  13. #853
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Aix-en-Provence
    Posts
    10,301
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Gaulzetti Cicli

    Quote Originally Posted by masispecial View Post
    What about a 60cm Cazzo?
    I need to know how much more it will cost to get to 6.8kg.
    My guess would be around 1700g. So getting to 6.8kg is going to be expensive !
     

  14. #854
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    4,197
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Gaulzetti Cicli

    Quote Originally Posted by geoffk View Post
    Would the proposed refurb program address this issue at all? I would love a bit more clearance back there. Let me know and I'll drop it off at the booth.
    (Sorry for dredging up an old post -- #40.)

    no. selling it to someone who doesn't want to use truck tires and buying a new one would though! :)
    bamboo, aluminum, wood.

    My name is Craig Gaulzetti.

    www.summercycles.com

    www.gaulzetti.co

  15. #855
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    333
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Gaulzetti Cicli

    Quote Originally Posted by jerk View Post
    no. selling it to someone who doesn't want to use truck tires and buying a new one would though! :)
    Don't think that hasn't crossed my mind. But it rides so well as it is...

    Looking forward to discussing it with you here in a few weeks.
     

  16. #856
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    4,197
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Gaulzetti Cicli

    Quote Originally Posted by geoffk View Post
    Don't think that hasn't crossed my mind. But it rides so well as it is...

    Looking forward to discussing it with you here in a few weeks.
    between you and me and the rest of the interweb geoff, i like the super short chainstay bikes-i think they ride even better...of course with any new build we're making sure that folks can use the tires they want. 28mm tires haven't been an issue at all on the Cazzos- so far that i brought the stay length down a few mm on the latest bunch.
    bamboo, aluminum, wood.

    My name is Craig Gaulzetti.

    www.summercycles.com

    www.gaulzetti.co

  17. #857
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    4,197
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Gaulzetti Cicli

    bamboo, aluminum, wood.

    My name is Craig Gaulzetti.

    www.summercycles.com

    www.gaulzetti.co

  18. #858
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Larkspur, CA
    Posts
    7,628
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Gaulzetti Cicli

    Quote Originally Posted by jerk View Post

    Disk brakes... why do some builders choose to reinforce and why do not. Why did you choose to reinforce?
     

  19. #859
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    1,746
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Gaulzetti Cicli

    Hey Craig.

    Back on 2/7/13 you discussed the increase from $2800 to $2899 as being driven by fabrication costs. Looked today and Corsa's are going for $2999.

    Can you comment on what's driving this most recent price increase?
     

  20. #860
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    4,197
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Gaulzetti Cicli

    Quote Originally Posted by jscottyk View Post
    Hey Craig.

    Back on 2/7/13 you discussed the increase from $2800 to $2899 as being driven by fabrication costs. Looked today and Corsa's are going for $2999.

    Can you comment on what's driving this most recent price increase?
    we're spec'ing Chris King headsets and including bottom brackets with the framesets now. so really, you should view it as a price decrease.

    :)
    bamboo, aluminum, wood.

    My name is Craig Gaulzetti.

    www.summercycles.com

    www.gaulzetti.co

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •