User Tag List

Page 35 of 48 FirstFirst ... 252627282930313233343536373839404142434445 ... LastLast

Thread: Gaulzetti Cicli

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Gaulzetti Cicli

What the "material is irrelevant" thing means is that you can make a great bike out of any material. Different materials have different properties, though. You could never make a steel bike that rides like and weighs the same as a carbon Dogma. You just can't. We all know this, right?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shoney View Post
    What the "material is irrelevant" thing means is that you can make a great bike out of any material. Different materials have different properties, though. You could never make a steel bike that rides like and weighs the same as a carbon Dogma. You just can't. We all know this, right?
    Well said. There's really no need for further discussion of this topic here.
    GO!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Craig:

How is the business going? Obviously your numbers are your own to think about, but in general has this worked as you'd expected? Better? What surprises along the way?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello everyone. I have been absent from this thread for a while due to work, life, etc. and I apologize. Thanks for the kind words though. Things are good. We're selling bikes, we've finally nailed down our new dropout design which is fucking bad ass and will use a the same hangers as Trek Madones in a pinch (so you can get one at almost any good bike shop) and we've been plugging along.

Regarding material- I do think it matters. My aluminum tubeset lets me make a bike that'll come in at the UCI weight limit with the type of components a race bike uses and rides the way I want a bike to ride. It also gives me the ability to produce the bikes to order.

I am somewhat convinced of my own brilliance, but what has surprised me the most and baffled me and made me say "really?" a million times is the reception my bikes have had by their owners and those that have ridden them. They are consistent in their description of the way the bike rides and tend to be effusive in their praise of the bikes handling traits across the size range. I think I get bike design, I'm good at listening to people and I know how I want a bike to ride and certainly my client base is pretty self selecting. Nonetheless, I am most "shocked and awed" by how nice the bikes turn out. I'm really lucky. I blame my tubing manufacturers, ricky and curtis and the other folks who do the real work as well as myself though.
    bamboo, aluminum, wood.

My name is Craig Gaulzetti.

www.summercycles.com

www.gaulzetti.co

Better to be ruined than to be silent atmo.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jerk View Post
    I am somewhat convinced of my own brilliance, but what has surprised me the most and baffled me and made me say "really?" a million times is the reception my bikes have had by their owners and those that have ridden them.
    What am I on?
    I'm on my Cock three, sometimes for days a week atmo.
    Really.
    e-RICHIE

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Would really be interested in any comments or discussion regarding the ride characteristics of the recently introduced cazzo.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DG62 View Post
    Would really be interested in any comments or discussion regarding the ride characteristics of the recently introduced cazzo.
    The Revelation | The Selection | Bicycling.com

i wouldn't think too much changes except 25/28c and cobbles and shit

buy one in a 62 please

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The shit is good. . .real good. Have been off of my Corsa for almost a week until last night trying to get my body refamiliar with the cross bike and the slightly different position. First few miles were a bit odd, but then the first real dig that the group gave, the type that makes you duck your head a bit and grit your teeth, made the bike just light up. Like a damn sports car that is hampered to drive on the commute and then you allow the motor to breath at the edge of town. It just makes you grin.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just took ownership two last week of a Corsa that was passed around a few owners (lightly) for past two years. 3 rides in and it is unreal how much I like it. It is the bike I was looking for. Still pumped that one popped up in my size. Will post pics in gallery once I make a few changes. So far, I have described to others is that it is a fucking rocket.. a fucking rocket with a rock-solid guidance system.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by th_boone View Post
    I just took ownership two last week of a Corsa that was passed around a few owners (lightly) for past two years. 3 rides in and it is unreal how much I like it. It is the bike I was looking for. Still pumped that one popped up in my size. Will post pics in gallery once I make a few changes. So far, I have described to others is that it is a fucking rocket.. a fucking rocket with a rock-solid guidance system.
    I have used a few of these words many many times, even to myself while telling myself how happy I am with myself that I bought myself a Gaulzetti.
    Auk's words to live by:
    Blow up and pin a picture of M. Bartoli on your wall. When you achieve that position, stop. Until then, stretch, ride, stretch, ride, eat less, and ride more.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Finally saw a Gaulzetti in the wild. Bright, sparkly pink. No pics. Tour of Austin 2/3 race, if anyone is here.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sonny View Post
    The Revelation | The Selection | Bicycling.com

i wouldn't think too much changes except 25/28c and cobbles and shit

buy one in a 62 please
    Sonny, you know you want one. Take the plunge brother. Of course, once you do, I'll not be able to keep up with you no more.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    Sonny, you know you want one. Take the plunge brother. Of course, once you do, I'll not be able to keep up with you no more.

teaser:

this is our new drop-out. the middle space between the two hoods will be machined down a bit more to allow for a quick release to go in the right place. it'll also use a super-super stiff (but fairly brittle) 7075 hanger. the thing will shift like a steel hanger but in the event of bad shit, will break rather than taking the drop out with it. it's a good way to get he performance of the steel hangers the pro bikes use but with the versatility of not having to throw away your frame if you wreck.

oh- and the best part? if you do break a hanger a trek hanger fits right in there.

c
    Attached Images Attached Images
    bamboo, aluminum, wood.

My name is Craig Gaulzetti.

www.summercycles.com

www.gaulzetti.co

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Better view of the little cutout for your QR lever.surface.JPG
    Cantabrigian Mechanics - Commonwealth Bikes - Gaulzetti Cicli

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

craig, i don't have my bike with me here, so i cannot tell, but will this new hanger fit on previous frames? specifically, mine was built in Dec 2011. one mini-hang up i have (and it's the only one, promised) is that the current hanger feels a bit on the soft side. in case it doesn't, it'd be nice to offer current owners the choice of a stiffer hanger - even if it's made of steel.
    thanks,
    gus

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@ghammer-

This new hanger will not fit on your current frame, but I'd be more than happy to fabricate some 7075 hangers if there is demand.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RFD View Post
    @ghammer-

This new hanger will not fit on your current frame, but I'd be more than happy to fabricate some 7075 hangers if there is demand.
    I own a late 2011 Corsa as well and would be interested in a 7075 hanger if you are going to make them to fit the older dropouts.
    Auk's words to live by:
    Blow up and pin a picture of M. Bartoli on your wall. When you achieve that position, stop. Until then, stretch, ride, stretch, ride, eat less, and ride more.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hey ricky, i met you about 2 weeks ago when i went to get my fit done with sarah from pedalpower. i'm the gentleman (if i can call it that) with the blue gaulzetti. i'd love me some stiffer drop outs if you'd be so kind. i can drop by whenever on my way home.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let me talk to Craig and see if he wants to offer them via Gaulzetti. I know there are a few other brands that use this same hanger model.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was checking out Corsas on the embro blog and noticed that some have chainstay bridges and some don't. Why do some get them while others dont?

http://www.embrocationmagazine.com/img/g12.jpg

that gunmetal and green is baller