User Tag List

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 103

Thread: Crumpton Cycles

  1. #81
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Aix-en-Provence
    Posts
    10,924
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Crumpton Cycles

    Nick, nice new website. Simple to the point.

    I am digging the carbon dropout on the T5 ultralight

     

  2. #82
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    worlds biggest island
    Posts
    1,719
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Crumpton Cycles

    About fu...ng time Nick, I've been checking every week for the last 3 years for some new Crumpton porn. Nice work.
    Bill Fernance
    Bicycle Shop Owner
    Part Time Framebuilder
    Bicycle Tragic

  3. #83
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    2,030
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Crumpton Cycles

    Quote Originally Posted by crumpton View Post
    Not at this time. Always keeping my eye on developments in the industry and watching this one closely but i personally haven't felt the need to put disc on my primarily race/performance focused road bikes.



    Not enough volume of cutting going on here to justify this. proper cutters are in the $50k plus range and are saddled with expensive maintenance contracts as they do tend to go down a lot. Must cutting for our purposes is straight cuts, no contours. Easily done with stainless guides, rules, HUGE cutting mat and sharp blades.

    Hey nick

    Manor Grand Prix Racing Limited T/A Marussia F1 Team

    Theres ply and alignment eddy current testing all up for sale, I will be keeping an eye on it tomorrow its a team I worked for so am familiar with it, only 5 years old

    Just in case you had some money under the bed
     

  4. #84
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    3,540
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Crumpton Cycles

    given a choice i'd rather the larger Stratsys and the Cimco Romer.

    that Romer replaces your alignment table and all measuring bits associated. wouldn't that be cool? just a solid mounting point and record points till your are blue in the face.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Mcdermid View Post
    Hey nick

    Manor Grand Prix Racing Limited T/A Marussia F1 Team

    Theres ply and alignment eddy current testing all up for sale, I will be keeping an eye on it tomorrow its a team I worked for so am familiar with it, only 5 years old

    Just in case you had some money under the bed
    Nick Crumpton
    crumptoncycles.com
    Instagram
    "Tradition is a guide, not a jailer" —Justin Robinson

  5. #85
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    2,030
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Crumpton Cycles

    Quote Originally Posted by crumpton View Post
    given a choice i'd rather the larger Stratsys and the Cimco Romer.

    that Romer replaces your alignment table and all measuring bits associated. wouldn't that be cool? just a solid mounting point and record points till your are blue in the face.
    The stratasys 400 went for 50 gs the faro went for more than the new on I just bought, that was weird
     

  6. #86
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    3,540
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Crumpton Cycles

    Quote Originally Posted by crumpton View Post
    Lately I feel like my past deserves more of my own attention. If we don't know where we have been, how do we know where we are going?
    For some reason I felt the need to reiterate my closing SO statement today.
    Nick Crumpton
    crumptoncycles.com
    Instagram
    "Tradition is a guide, not a jailer" —Justin Robinson

  7. #87
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    3,540
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Crumpton Cycles

    Nick Crumpton
    crumptoncycles.com
    Instagram
    "Tradition is a guide, not a jailer" —Justin Robinson

  8. #88
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    3,540
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Crumpton Cycles

    Nick Crumpton
    crumptoncycles.com
    Instagram
    "Tradition is a guide, not a jailer" —Justin Robinson

  9. #89
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Aix-en-Provence
    Posts
    10,924
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Crumpton Cycles

    Why is it so quiet in here? The Crumpton was relegated to Zwift duty during the lock down and stayed in the Paris Roubaix configuration since last April. Today I put the hyperon back on and rode it. Absolutely fantastic bike. This thing is so smooth, feels so light, accelerates so well but as the same time feels stiff and solid. A complete winner. At one point I was about to list it for sale. This would have been totally moronic. If anybody needs a custom carbon bike this is the place to go.

    Last edited by Lionel; 05-26-2020 at 04:17 AM.
     

  10. #90
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    worlds biggest island
    Posts
    1,719
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Crumpton Cycles

    I think things become unfashionable after a couple of years. In my opinion, a classic will always be a classic and Nick has the right formula.
    Bill Fernance
    Bicycle Shop Owner
    Part Time Framebuilder
    Bicycle Tragic

  11. #91
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Aix-en-Provence
    Posts
    10,924
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Crumpton Cycles

    Yeah, can't believe this bike is 8 years old. Feels perfectly "current" to me without wide fucking clinchers, electronic shifting or disks.

    These wheels completely rule as well.
     

  12. #92
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    DC
    Posts
    24,727
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Crumpton Cycles

    When it is right it is so right. Same here, I've got a few bikes that will never leave my favor. Mr. Crumpton has game. Someday before the end of the world....
    Last edited by Too Tall; 05-26-2020 at 07:12 AM.

  13. #93
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Bellingham, WA
    Posts
    2,092
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Crumpton Cycles

    Had my new (to me) Crumpton out for a long ride Sunday. Absolutely perfect.



    Jason Babcock

  14. #94
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Aix-en-Provence
    Posts
    10,924
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Crumpton Cycles

    Quote Originally Posted by Too Tall View Post
    When it is right it is so right.
    That's actually a good summary !

    I think you have been talking about getting a Crumpton since before I got mine :) This was 8 years ago.
     

  15. #95
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    DC
    Posts
    24,727
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Crumpton Cycles

    Quote Originally Posted by Lionel View Post
    That's actually a good summary !

    I think you have been talking about getting a Crumpton since before I got mine :) This was 8 years ago.
    Blame my parents? Blame anything. My guilt for owning so many fabulous bicycles is crushing me. Find me some worthy tall circus freak so I can let a few go first. I've looked, it ain't easy to pass on your cherished handmade bicycles....well that's me.

  16. #96
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Aix-en-Provence
    Posts
    10,924
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Crumpton Cycles

    Quote Originally Posted by Too Tall View Post
    Blame my parents? Blame anything. My guilt for owning so many fabulous bicycles is crushing me. Find me some worthy tall circus freak so I can let a few go first. I've looked, it ain't easy to pass on your cherished handmade bicycles....well that's me.
    Well of course. Resale is a complete nightmare.
     

  17. #97
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    919
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Crumpton Cycles

    Yes, it's hard to let go of an old friend. And if you are the builder it's more like passing on a child. I have a few of my bikes/frames that I would love to find a proper home for... but am convinced I won't. Andy
    Andy Stewart
    10%

  18. #98
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    3,540
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Crumpton Cycles

    Quote Originally Posted by Lionel View Post
    Why is it so quiet in here? The Crumpton was relegated to Zwift duty during the lock down and stayed in the Paris Roubaix configuration since last April. Today I put the hyperon back on and rode it. Absolutely fantastic bike. This thing is so smooth, feels so light, accelerates so well but as the same time feels stiff and solid. A complete winner. At one point I was about to list it for sale. This would have been totally moronic. If anybody needs a custom carbon bike this is the place to go.
    Thank you for those kind and encouraging words!
    Nick Crumpton
    crumptoncycles.com
    Instagram
    "Tradition is a guide, not a jailer" —Justin Robinson

  19. #99
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    3,540
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Crumpton Cycles

    Quote Originally Posted by mjbabcock View Post
    Had my new (to me) Crumpton out for a long ride Sunday. Absolutely perfect.
    Man I am so stoked that bike is out there and being ridden. When I saw that one come up... if that TT had been a tad shorter I'da bought it back for myself.

    Enjoy it!
    Nick Crumpton
    crumptoncycles.com
    Instagram
    "Tradition is a guide, not a jailer" —Justin Robinson

  20. #100
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Mont Tremblant, Quebec & UES, NYC
    Posts
    857
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Crumpton Cycles

    DUMBO, BKLYN by Jon Mandel, on Flickr
    Jon Mandel

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •