Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: What kits do you like?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: What kits do you like?

I've found that Velocio is stretchy/compressive enough that I can usually wear two different sizes so I usually size up for a bit more relaxed fit. In other brands, that usually results in gapping at the leg openings or the sleeves or neck, but Velocio seems to have a more progressive elasticity to their fabrics.
    Jorn Ake
    poet

Flickr
    Books

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by j44ke View Post
    Right - so for reference, Im 61 and 146lbs now.
    I didn't realize you are a one legged cyclist.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been using Voler Cycling for a lot of my clients for about a year now. Made completely in California, and great fabrics. Good price point, super fast turnaround for custom orders, and getting better and better by the year.

Vie13 is great, and Gary just makes their stuff even better by being good people. Out of Michigan and printed/sewn in Australia

I'm also experimenting with a new company out of Australia, Neo Pro Cycling. Their goal is a great kit for around $120 total. They have a few designs so far and a few fabrics, but a fantastic business model and a much needed addition to the ridiculously priced kit game.

Castelli for my high end gear still, but I am just sick of paying those prices, and a lot of my gear, especially winter gear, has been falling apart at the seams recently.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by COVRTDESIGN View Post
    I've been using Voler Cycling for a lot of my clients for about a year now. Made completely in California, and great fabrics. Good price point, super fast turnaround for custom orders, and getting better and better by the year.

Vie13 is great, and Gary just makes their stuff even better by being good people. Out of Michigan and printed/sewn in Australia

I'm also experimenting with a new company out of Australia, Neo Pro Cycling. Their goal is a great kit for around $120 total. They have a few designs so far and a few fabrics, but a fantastic business model and a much needed addition to the ridiculously priced kit game.

Castelli for my high end gear still, but I am just sick of paying those prices, and a lot of my gear, especially winter gear, has been falling apart at the seams recently.
    NeoPro is, indeed, excellent value for money.
    It's worth noting that the material used for their "Immortals" jersey is white on the inside, regardless of the colour printed on the outside. There's probably a technical term for this but I know less than nothing about fabric technology.
    Anyway, the net effect is that as the material stretches you see a white shadow effect through the fabric. This is especially noticeable on the black jersey.
    The knicks are surprisingly comfortable. I've done a few 4-5 hour rides in them and my undercarriage was no worse off than if I wore my more expensive shorts.
    The legs are long, in the modern fashion (too long for my stumpy legs) and the gripper is a folded over strip of fabric. No bare silicone to leave marks on your thighs.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's the fabric they use and the press that they are using as well, not much color bleed through the material. More than likely they press their fabrics around 375*f, which is not hot enough. I've only tried a few of their "winter" items from their first run. I know that they aren't printing or designing in house yet, but that is their plan.

I am hoping to offer some design work for them soon and see if I can't offer some help with them learning dye sublimation when they get there.

So far, great idea that is needed in the custom kit business. Excited to see where they take it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm about 10lb overweight and blessed with obscenely large thighs so most of the high end stuff is too slim fit for me. I've mostly been buying Pearl Izumi on clearance at various places for great prices - Competitive Cyclist, Sierra, REI, eBay, PI direct, etc. Not the best graphic designs but the materials, fit, and quality are fine by me.

I also like the REI house brand stuff for commuting and just rolling around the city.

New bibs I just got from Pactimo seem pretty good, though the fabric catches on EVERYTHING. Had to order up an extra size over the PI sizing I'm used to.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jmgorman View Post
    Anyone looking ahead to lightweight jerseys should look to Isadore. They get the fit right, they're long enough in front, and robust for such a light garment.
    Any particular models you recommend? Their selection is pretty extensive. And sizing hints if you have any.
    Last edited by j44ke; 1 Week Ago at 08:24 PM.
    Jorn Ake
    poet

Flickr
    Books

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im 60 and wear a 40 long jacket but wider than average shoulders and I wear a large in their synthetic jerseys, though I have a long sleeve wool of theirs in Medium that also fits decently.

Im similar in Rapha FWIW. Large in the pro team stuff but Medium in the brevet jersey.
    Last edited by robin3mj; 1 Week Ago at 10:15 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any particular models you recommend? Their selection is pretty extensive. And sizing hints if you have any.
    The wool light and climber's jerseys are great in the really hot. Both fit on the small size of the size, if unsure size up. Sleeves are long, and everything grips just right. And the jet black wool light is a very dark green.
    This is my substitute for pistol and ball. With a philosophical flourish Cato throws himself upon his sword; I quietly take to the bike.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by robin3mj View Post
    I’m 6’0” and wear a 40 long jacket but wider than average shoulders and I wear a large in their synthetic jerseys, though I have a long sleeve wool of theirs in Medium that also fits decently.

I’m similar in Rapha FWIW. Large in the pro team stuff but Medium in the brevet jersey.
    Quote Originally Posted by jmgorman View Post
    The wool light and climber's jerseys are great in the really hot. Both fit on the small size of the size, if unsure size up. Sleeves are long, and everything grips just right. And the jet black wool light is a very dark green.
    Thanks both. Very helpful.
    Jorn Ake
    poet

Flickr
    Books

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by COVRTDESIGN View Post
    Glad there is a plug for Voler in this thread. I needed to replace an old wind jacket that finally gave up and bought one from Voler. Incredibly well made (IN USA) and affordable too. I was worried about the very lightweight fabric not holding up with use and haphazard storage over coat hooks but it still looks like new. Highly recommended.

Ed

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks both. Very helpful.
    Hi J-
    Re: Isadore- I have the Alternative Jersey which is great for the summer and use their I7A3O7E Echelon Long Sleeve in the all but the coldest Michigan weather. Also a selection of arm and leg warmers and what I call a tummy warmer and my wife calls a girdle. I like them.
    DJ Boyd

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

La Passione have a 20% off discount code running at the moment: AUTUMN20 - might be region-specific given that it’s spring in the northern hemisphere, but worth a try if you like their stuff.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789