User Tag List

Page 328 of 329 FirstFirst ... 318319320321322323324325326327328329 LastLast
Results 6,541 to 6,560 of 6575

Thread: The what did the postman bring today thread.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: The what did the postman bring today thread.

Just arrived, this is the actual Bianchi on which Primoz Roglic won the 2020 Vuelta a Espana. It's still wearing his Vuelta #1 and race-leader-matching red handlebar tape and bottle cages. He finished 2nd in the TdF on this same bike. During both races, he rode two different frames: this Celeste on the flat stages, and a lighter black frame with different gearing on the mountain stages (and Liege-Bastogne-Liege). This specific bike was ridden on the finishing stages of both grand tours and won stage 10 of the Vuelta (a flat stage) and the Slovenian national championship. I won the bike in an online auction in Europe, where Jumbo-Visma auctioned all their top riders' Bianchis due to their switch to Cervelo this year. This is my first production road frame since 1998. All my others (Richard Sachs, Pegoretti, Hampsten, Speedvagen, Crumpton) were custom and still get ridden every week. I'll be riding and racing this frame as soon as I refit a few of the components.

IMG_1994.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

XT hubs laced to 27.5 Stans Crest rims. To be set up tubeless and replace the boat anchors that came stock on my Kona Explosif.
    my name is Matt

INSTA

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How did you get Rogla's personal tour winning bike?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by skouri1 View Post
    How did you get Rogla's personal tour winning bike?
    As mentioned, it was auctioned by team Jumbo-Visma along with their other riders' bikes on European auction site Catawiki. They raised money for a charity while clearing Bianchis ahead of their switch to Cervelo. This is my frame size, and I won the auction with the intention of riding and racing the frame for years to come. Other Bianchis auctioned include Sepp Kuss's (in the same frame size), Roglic's black Bianchi (winner of Liege and several TdF and Vuelta stages), and both of Wout Van Aert's frames (including his Strade Biancha and Milano-Sanremo winner). Roglic's black Bianchi and Van Aerts's black Bianchi appropriately sold for even more than this one did, since they each won TdF stages and a monument. I wanted this specific frame because it's my size, in my preferred Celeste color, and finished off the two grand tours, making it the winning bike of the Vuelta.

FWIW, I hold Roglic in high regard as a rider. Is there another recent grand tour winner who has also won both a monument (yes, I know that's also true of Nibali and Valverde) and a flat/sprinter stage in a grand tour? That's old school versatility. He also handled his TdF disappointment with grace.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I mean, I get why you didn't, but a link to that auction would have been a swell thread to include on here.

Quote Originally Posted by Montesquieu View Post
    As mentioned, it was auctioned by team Jumbo-Visma along with their other riders' bikes on European auction site Catawiki. They raised money for a charity while clearing Bianchis ahead of their switch to Cervelo. This is my frame size, and I won the auction with the intention of riding and racing the frame for years to come. Other Bianchis auctioned include Sepp Kuss's (in the same frame size), Roglic's black Bianchi (winner of Liege and several TdF and Vuelta stages), and both of Wout Van Aert's frames (including his Strade Biancha and Milano-Sanremo winner). Roglic's black Bianchi and Van Aerts's black Bianchi appropriately sold for even more than this one did, since they each won TdF stages and a monument. I wanted this specific frame because it's my size, in my preferred Celeste color, and finished off the two grand tours, making it the winning bike of the Vuelta.

FWIW, I hold Roglic in high regard as a rider. Is there another recent grand tour winner who has also won both a monument (yes, I know that's also true of Nibali and Valverde) and a flat/sprinter stage in a grand tour? That's old school versatility. He also handled his TdF disappointment with grace.
    This is my substitute for pistol and ball. With a philosophical flourish Cato throws himself upon his sword; I quietly take to the bike.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jmgorman View Post
    I mean, I get why you didn't, but a link to that auction would have been a swell thread to include on here.
    I'll be adding Catawiki to my bookmarks in light of this.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by J_B View Post
    I'll be adding Catawiki to my bookmarks in light of this.
    +1. Had never heard of them. Now down in the rabbit hole of Googling « how to import a classic car from the Netherlands to the US ». Between bikes and cars, this thing is friggin dangerous.
    « If I knew what I was doing, I’d be doing it right now »

-Jon Mandel

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by htwoopup View Post
    +1. Had never heard of them. Now down in the rabbit hole of Googling « how to import a classic car from the Netherlands to the US ». Between bikes and cars, this thing is friggin dangerous.
    Stay away from BAT
    DJ Boyd

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DJB View Post
    Stay away from BAT
    True that. But BAT never had a nicely restored car of my youth. So, there is a bit of extra emotion over-riding the logic and sanity if you catch my drift.
    « If I knew what I was doing, I’d be doing it right now »

-Jon Mandel

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Montesquieu View Post
    Just arrived, this is the actual Bianchi on which Primoz Roglic won the 2020 Vuelta a Espana.
    Tip 'o the hat to you, sir.

Since it was an auction, is the price public information? Enquiring minds wish to know and all that...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DJB View Post
    Stay away from BAT
    Speaking of, I now own the 1971 Ferrari Dino previously owned by the founder of BAT, who of course auctioned it on BAT. That auction had hundreds of watchers and posts when it happened five years ago. I bought the car recently from the guy who won that auction.

Someone above suggested that I should have shared the Catawiki auction. That might have put too much pressure on me to act rationally. As it was, I was pushed to my last and final bid amount. One more counter-bid and I would have lost the auction. Glad it didn't have that attention.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 9tubes View Post
    Since it was an auction, is the price public information? Enquiring minds wish to know and all that...
    Yes, so I might as well share. Winning bid was 14,000 Euro (plus another 2,000 Euro for shipping to the US and import duties) on a bike that, comparably equipped, would have retailed new for 10,000 Euro in Europe. As mentioned, that was the max I was willing to pay, and the provenance/history made the extra cost worth it to me. If I recall correctly, Roglic's black Bianchi and Van Aerts's monument-winning bike auctioned for closer to 20,000 Euro.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool story, cool outcome, glad it worked out your way. We look forward to photos post adjustment and maybe some in-action shots, yes?
    Jorn Ake
    poet

Flickr
    Books

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tomorrow delivery should be a Selle Anatomical X2. I only hope that I get one that reflects the positive reviews I have read, not the negative ones. My butt cannot deal with my Brooks anymore and I am too old and not doing miles like I used to to want to wait for a break in.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BB11 View Post
    Tomorrow delivery should be a Selle Anatomical X2. I only hope that I get one that reflects the positive reviews I have read, not the negative ones. My butt cannot deal with my Brooks anymore and I am too old and not doing miles like I used to to want to wait for a break in.
    One thing is to make sure you have enough time in the saddle before the 30 day "satisfaction period" is up.

I will keep my review to myself, but was not happy.

I just looked at their policy...not really sure what returning it in 'new" condition means...

"At Selle Anatomica we want you to be completely satisfied with your purchase. If you are not satisfied, you may return your saddle to us within 30 days of the date you received it, for a refund. All returned saddles must be in new condition."

Does this mean you are not allowed to ride it to see if it works for you?

I would want to clarify this in the event that you do not find it comfortable.

SPP
    My name is Peter Miller.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by robin3mj View Post
    XT hubs laced to 27.5 Stans Crest rims. To be set up tubeless and replace the boat anchors that came stock on my Kona Explosif.
    Mounted tires and installed today.
    Just shy of 900g lighter than the stock wheels- should make a nice difference if the ice ever melts.
    my name is Matt

INSTA

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wow. you're going to notice that!

Quote Originally Posted by robin3mj View Post
    Mounted tires and installed today.
    Just shy of 900g lighter than the stock wheels- should make a nice difference if the ice ever melts.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The most beautiful seat post ever IMO and a second hand Deda stem that was a great price.

FA1DED9D-471F-420F-8E77-E8FECB4F9A61.jpg
    Riding has to be fun, and part of the fun has to be that you’re not worried about having too much technology on your bike. - Tom Ritchey

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Saw this on eBay...can’t believe there’s a store on there selling for this price!

8D6AC6C6-76CC-47B5-A4BE-58187BEC5769.jpeg
    Riding has to be fun, and part of the fun has to be that you’re not worried about having too much technology on your bike. - Tom Ritchey

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sascha Roszak View Post
    Saw this on eBay...can’t believe there’s a store on there selling for this price!

8D6AC6C6-76CC-47B5-A4BE-58187BEC5769.jpeg
    And you have to pay postage on top of that!