User Tag List

Page 315 of 318 FirstFirst ... 305306307308309310311312313314315316317318 LastLast
Results 6,281 to 6,300 of 6345

Thread: The what did the postman bring today thread.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: The what did the postman bring today thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Strongin View Post
    Fulcrum Racing Zeros via Black Oak Velo. The regular ones without the fancy treatment. If they're going to end up being silver, I may as well start out that way. Long live the aluminum rim brake clincher!
    Racing Zero/Shamals are maybe the best system aluminum wheels. I'm actually debating if to get the disc brake version for myself before it disappears in favor of the new carbon ones.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by snotrockets View Post
    Racing Zero/Shamals are maybe the best system aluminum wheels. I'm actually debating if to get the disc brake version for myself before it disappears in favor of the new carbon ones.
    Yeah, they're great. I had a set of the Nites for a while and I abused them horribly and destroyed the rim coating. These will also get abused, but they won't look as jacked up afterwards.
    "I guess you're some weird relic of an obsolete age." - davids

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Strongin View Post
    Yeah, they're great. I had a set of the Nites for a while and I abused them horribly and destroyed the rim coating. These will also get abused, but they won't look as jacked up afterwards.
    No photos? Whenever I see Matt's name on the postman thread, I always click to see photos of new shoes or new wheels. Sigh.
    Jorn Ake
    poet

Flickr
    Books

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by j44ke View Post
    No photos? Whenever I see Matt's name on the postman thread, I always click to see photos of new shoes or new wheels. Sigh.
    You know me too well. Here's a compromise. Only one wheel and a box. And two bikes.

"I guess you're some weird relic of an obsolete age." - davids

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The fix!

Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This showed up last Friday, but I've been too busy making MTB trails or riding it to post!
    Untitled by
    Michael Denoncourt
    , on Flickr

Ritte Satyr: size specific Custom Reynolds 725 tubeset, custom machine parts, stock Tom Kellogg geometry(this one is Medium), so, so much fun. I have a parts order coming from Ritte HQ in LA to swap over to a double to have a little bit more varied range down in my neck of Virgina's Blue Ridge, and get rid of all the scuffed up non-matching cockpit stuff that I stuck into it to get my contact points right.

It's v. nice to ride a "gravel" bike with proper road bike roots. This bike DOES NOT eff-around when it comes to descending anything that even resembles a "road", but the stock 40c WTB's have enough meat on the tread and casing to keep me inflated when I invariably drop into an inviting looking blue-square singletrack descent. I can't wait to get some 32 or 35c slicks onto this thing and continue to get lost for many hours at a time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a spectrum "road 32" type and it is indeed awesome. 32 Gravel king slicks can do just fine on the road but also give you a lot more options when you take the random washed out gravel descent :) enjoy mickey! [btw: I am dreaming of the blue ridge...one day perhaps I'll relocate to asheville :) ]

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the frame cost more than the poster but the autograph is priceless!

[IMG]MVIMG_20200731_113349 by W L, on Flickr[/IMG]

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cp43 View Post
    My wife has been thinking about getting one of those for the first and last mile of a primarily train based commute. How does it handle hills? Bad pavement? Easy to carry?
    Still having a blast with it, and now my 11yr old son has started riding it - which is awesome because he has some balance and gross motor skill challenges and I never ever thought he'd want to get anywhere near this. He loves it, and it's great balance therapy for him. After a whole day of driveway laps and 100s of dismounts with me holding his hand, he let go sometime Sunday afternoon. Yeah he's wearing crocs and pajamas. I can't win all the battles.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Riding has to be fun, and part of the fun has to be that youíre not worried about having too much technology on your bike. - Tom Ritchey

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rmplum View Post
    Still having a blast with it, and now my 11yr old son has started riding it - which is awesome because he has some balance and gross motor skill challenges and I never ever thought he'd want to get anywhere near this. He loves it, and it's great balance therapy for him. After a whole day of driveway laps and 100s of dismounts with me holding his hand, he let go sometime Sunday afternoon. Yeah he's wearing crocs and pajamas. I can't win all the battles.
    That is great to hear. Glad that he is enjoying it, and that it's become a therapy tool.

I will admit that the Crocs were the first thing I noticed about the pic, but, given the helmet, elbow pads, and wrist guards, I think you're winning the war, as it were. :)

My wife and I are expecting a baby within the next week or so, and she will probably be working from home through the end of the year. Most likely, it will be next spring before we look at these. But, she was the one who suggested it, and she's still interested, I was the one on the fence about it. So, we'll probably end up with one eventually.

Thanks,

Chris

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cp43 View Post
    That is great to hear. Glad that he is enjoying it, and that it's become a therapy tool.

I will admit that the Crocs were the first thing I noticed about the pic, but, given the helmet, elbow pads, and wrist guards, I think you're winning the war, as it were. :)

My wife and I are expecting a baby within the next week or so, and she will probably be working from home through the end of the year. Most likely, it will be next spring before we look at these. But, she was the one who suggested it, and she's still interested, I was the one on the fence about it. So, we'll probably end up with one eventually.

Thanks,

Chris
    Yeah, finding shoes that he is comfortable with wearing from a sensory standpoint has been a long struggle and it takes weeks to transition from one pair of shoes to another.

After having this thing for a month, I have come to the conclusion that it is indeed a little less stable than the larger Plus and Plus XR platforms. The Pint is certainly very nimble, but when things get wavy and bumpy it's a lot more work to keep steady than the full size onewheels. I've started doing trips into town on mine (up to 10 or 11 miles now - so yeah I'm doing better than the stated 6-8 mile range) and it's a less good long distance cruiser than the wider models. Still love it though - and despite the fact that it has a motor, it's a killer lower body and core workout.

Ryan

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ordered me some NFS a month ago. Got put in the mail in Maryland 24 days ago. Still en route to Michigan. Yowzers!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you are anywhere near Ann Arbor I can hook you up with an application or six!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pastashop View Post
    Ordered me some NFS a month ago. Got put in the mail in Maryland 24 days ago. Still en route to Michigan. Yowzers!
    I ordered a carbon seat post clamp from Poland on the 18th May...still waiting...
    Riding has to be fun, and part of the fun has to be that youíre not worried about having too much technology on your bike. - Tom Ritchey

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The plastic boxes I ordered 3 weeks ago that apparently the courier had tried to deliver to my office 4 times but no-one was ever there - when twice I waited by the door for 4 hours after work because they said the package was coming...

I told Amazon at lunchtime that they hadnít arrived so they issued a refund - and then 90 minutes later they turned up.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rmplum View Post
    If you are anywhere near Ann Arbor I can hook you up with an application or six!
    Hehe.... thanks. The offer is spot on, though I still have half a bottle. I’m just hoarding. :-)

BTW, whatever happened to the NFS bar tape?.. if not available anymore, what’s a good equivalent?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New bag and some tricks. For my Leica and its lenses. Thanks eRichie!

Last edited by j44ke; 08-10-2020 at 07:55 PM.
    Jorn Ake
    poet

Flickr
    Books

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is that a handlebar bag or only a pouch to carry around ?
    --
    T h o m a s

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sascha Roszak View Post
    I ordered a carbon seat post clamp from Poland on the 18th May...still waiting...
    After 32 days or so, my pair of Fizik R3b shoes has arrived from Israel.