User Tag List

Page 295 of 298 FirstFirst ... 285286287288289290291292293294295296297298 LastLast
Results 5,881 to 5,900 of 5949

Thread: The what did the postman bring today thread.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: The what did the postman bring today thread.

I haven't bought much for myself in bike terms in a while. I took delivery of a Zanconato all-road bike this past spring and I can't wait to build it up but I'm in the process of moving and trying to stay as liquid with cash as possible during this time, so...... no bike stuff. Until the last couple days. I got a bit weak. Besides, that Zanconato all-road bike was gestating for nearly a decade. Sort of waiting for the GRX groups to become widely available before I pull the trigger on anything more for that beast.

But my purchase is that I ordered a set of Boyd Altamont Lite wheels for the Zanconato road bike. I have a set of these from a couple years ago with the White Industries hubs and they've been great wheels. And by that I mean zero hassle. They just work the way they're supposed to. And they feel light and lively. More so than most other handmade wheels I've had. The bike is in my storage unit a couple hundred miles away, so it may be a while until I ride this combo. But I have no doubt it will be an upgrade over the current set installed.

And today I received a pair of items and both may find their way onto the Zanconato, and almost surely the tires will. Got a set of 28mm Vittoria clinchers for the wide rims. Honestly, I rarely wish for more than 25s and am still quite content with 23s on wide rims, but I've also done some light unpaved riding and even some road rides on my 38mm Panaracers and am finding that they're growing on me in some ways. The price was right on the 28s and they'll fit in the Zanconato so I'm going to give it a shot and run them at about 60-65 PSI, maybe even lower, and see what happens. The sweet spot on the 38s is about 40 PSI. That blew me away.

Also received a Deda Superleggera carbon seatpost. I like the adjustment on these and it more or less matches my other Deda parts so I thought, why not? Again, price was right. Both of these are new items. Can't wait to try out the tires and see if I might enjoy them. The seatpost is partially a vanity buy, but so is everything else on this forum, right?

La Cheeserie!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by j44ke View Post
    Like Shimano SPD sandals and wool socks!
    Used to ride with a guy wearing those. idk if it was the sandals, but he was amazing in that he needed no rest: would sleep 4-5 hours a night, then go ride 600kms in 40 hours (or so Iíve heard: I would say my goodbyes after 200km in)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just got some DTSwiss OXic 32's - no pics as I think everyone knows what they look like. Aside from being great wheels, just wanted to comment how great it is they also supply some decent skewers, tubeless rim tape fitted, a sealant kit, Swisstop brake pads, an 11sp and a XD driver body, and even a DTSwiss casquette!
    Condor Italia RC / Mason Resolution Disc / Tern Verge X11

Instagram: rellonchris

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been searching for one of these for quite sometime as CK has supposedly cancelled production...NOS GripNut 1" HS with SV script.
    rw saunders
    everything is connected

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rwsaunders View Post

I've been searching for one of these for quite sometime as CK has supposedly cancelled production...NOS GripNut 1" HS with SV script.
    for the win!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Appleton WI -- home of Harry Houdini and Rocky Bleier
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by joosttx View Post
    Drool worthy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Saab2000 View Post
    I haven't bought much for myself in bike terms in a while. I took delivery of a Zanconato all-road bike this past spring and I can't wait to build it up but I'm in the process of moving and trying to stay as liquid with cash as possible during this time, so...... no bike stuff. Until the last couple days. I got a bit weak. Besides, that Zanconato all-road bike was gestating for nearly a decade. Sort of waiting for the GRX groups to become widely available before I pull the trigger on anything more for that beast.

But my purchase is that I ordered a set of Boyd Altamont Lite wheels for the Zanconato road bike. I have a set of these from a couple years ago with the White Industries hubs and they've been great wheels. And by that I mean zero hassle. They just work the way they're supposed to. And they feel light and lively. More so than most other handmade wheels I've had. The bike is in my storage unit a couple hundred miles away, so it may be a while until I ride this combo. But I have no doubt it will be an upgrade over the current set installed.

And today I received a pair of items and both may find their way onto the Zanconato, and almost surely the tires will. Got a set of 28mm Vittoria clinchers for the wide rims. Honestly, I rarely wish for more than 25s and am still quite content with 23s on wide rims, but I've also done some light unpaved riding and even some road rides on my 38mm Panaracers and am finding that they're growing on me in some ways. The price was right on the 28s and they'll fit in the Zanconato so I'm going to give it a shot and run them at about 60-65 PSI, maybe even lower, and see what happens. The sweet spot on the 38s is about 40 PSI. That blew me away.

Also received a Deda Superleggera carbon seatpost. I like the adjustment on these and it more or less matches my other Deda parts so I thought, why not? Again, price was right. Both of these are new items. Can't wait to try out the tires and see if I might enjoy them. The seatpost is partially a vanity buy, but so is everything else on this forum, right?

A great seatpost..... fuss free and elegant.....
    Real World persona : Andy Corso

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A post that 180 degrees away from the usual post in this thread is not far enough away to describe it.

Just checked into a hotel in Oceanside (north of San Diego) for my step kids graduate school graduation.

FedEx delivered the box containing the Parlee minutes later.

NOT happy with what FedEx did to a brand new almost impossible to break box and I donít want to even discuss the Parlee that was inside but I know that at least the rear der is destroyed and the 1/2 inch diameter anti-crush bar is bent and crushed.

4D93E9AF-5DF1-435B-8704-31A9B03EB2FB by Jon Mandel, on Flickr
    Jon Mandel

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That sux, Jon. And here I thought shipping was generally safer than flying with your bike.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My Zukas frame took 8 days to arrive on 2 day shipping. When I finally got it there was a dent. I feel your pain.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yikes, does it look like that latch was pried open or just damaged otherwise? From this angle those rivets look barely mushroomed on the back side, is that accurate or just weird photo magic?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Venturing off road more, so replaced the street tires on my girl's bike with these awesome Spawn Cycles 20" x 2.2" knobbies, and got a TowWhee to pull her through a few long hills. Still need to find the sweet spot between giving some assistance and making it too easy for her.

Steven Brown

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by watchcwgo View Post
    Yikes, does it look like that latch was pried open or just damaged otherwise? From this angle those rivets look barely mushroomed on the back side, is that accurate or just weird photo magic?
    Pulled out of the metal. There is a long crease leading across the metal to where it ripped the latch off. There are so many dents on 3 sides of the box. And whatever went under the latch ripping it off went into the box and messed up the rear der. I just got the last two rivets that were holding the latch on drilled out by the hotel handyman who also was great with a vise grip and channel lock to somewhat straighten out the box. I will use about a mile of duct tape to seal the box with the bike in it to ship it home.
    Jon Mandel

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did a little shopping recently... picked up a Spur cycles Saddle Bag and a Silca Tattico pump.

The saddle is bag is perfect. Has a much smaller profile than my prior silca saddle bag and can hold waaaaay more stuff. Super snug and so easy to access. Super happy I made this purchase.

The pump is also a keeper. Super well made.. no chinziness like all the prior mini-pumps I've ever seen or owned. I'm even considering mounting it on my bike... The bluetooth gauge works perfectly... super accurate. Yes it's pricey, but finding an accurate gauge is not cheap anyways. Two birds one stone...

Highly recommend either of them!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

after 27 years on SPDs I felt it was was "time" for a change. Eager to see if these are any easier on the torn meniscus.

[/url]

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rmplum View Post
    after 27 years on SPDs I felt it was was "time" for a change. Eager to see if these are any easier on the torn meniscus.

[/url]
    I loved my ATACs till I started racing CX. The 'gummy' release was a problem. I never knew whether I was unclipped till it was too late.

The mud clearance and float are definitely much better than SPDs.

M

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rmplum View Post

[/url]
    Once you get past the strange feeling of a less "fixed" foot you should love it if you have bad knees.
    --
    T h o m a s

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

New headlight for the MTB. The days are getting shorter, any ride past 7pm needs a light to get home.

The Best LED Mountain Bike Light! - Trail Edition
    Weight Doper

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bigbill View Post
    New headlight for the MTB. The days are getting shorter, any ride past 7pm needs a light to get home.

The Best LED Mountain Bike Light! - Trail Edition
    Nice! Love mine and am awaiting the helmet mate to it.